Status: COMPLETE. If you like this, maybe come read some of my other stuff? I don't bite. :)

This Should Feel Something Like Fire.

Angel Of Mercy.

Kellin's POV
"NO!" Jack and Vic screamed in unison as they watched Alex and Mike, the ones who were closest to my dad, fall to the ground, bleeding more than anyone should be able to. In seconds Jack falls as well, in just as much pain as Alex, which in turn knocks me off Jack's back. Vic and I simultaneously hissed in pain as I grabbed my injured leg. In the span of six seconds, all but three of us were on the ground.
Wonderful.
I had been thrilled when Vic walked in, especially when I saw his arm wasn't in a sling or anything. The shot must have not been that bad and didn't need a sling for that long, if at all.
In the chaos, no one was paying attention to the two that worked for the Anti Resistance, so no one knew what they were doing until a gun went off and my dad fell to the ground, a bullet in his skull. I wasn't sure how to feel about that, so I let the adrenaline numb my body and worry about feelings later. "Jack, Kellin, get up! We've gotta go!" Austin yelled, reloading the gun that had destroyed my dad. There was no reason to be quiet anymore. A hundred angry footsteps were trampling around above us. Vic was already grabbing Mike and Alan had Alex. Jack was pale and barely able to move, just like myself. Austin, the most capable of us at the moment, had taken the rear and was shooting blindly into a mass of bodies. Alan led us out a tunnel in the basement I hadn't noticed before. It took us right out front to where Alex's car was.
We piled into the car, not too concerned about seat belts for the moment. Austin grabbed Alex's keys from his pocket and got in the driver's seat, Alan next to him. That left Vic, Jack and I to assess the damage of the two dying men with us. Both able-bodied guys were doing whatever they could to stop the bleeding.
"Mike! Stay with me. Please, I can't lose you like this. Not yet." Vic begged. The same pain in my heart earlier had returned, and I wondered what made Vic feel like this before. Mike's eyes were closed and it didn't look like he was responding, but still, Vic worked tirelessly over his brother's broken body. Both guys had been shot in the chest, and the unspoken fear of the group was that their hearts had been hit and all attempts at saving them were futile. "Kellin! A little help here?" The way Vic said it made it sound more like a command than a question. Immediately I went into action, placing my hands exactly where I was told to. Mike's head ended up laying in my lap.
"We're five minutes away from the hospital, guys. Hold on." Austin said from the front where he drove. I couldn't stand watching Vic cry over Mike, so I averted my attention to the scene beside us. It was almost worse than watching Vic.
Jack had long given up trying to save his lover, probably by Alex's request. Jack looked in just as much pain as Alex, maybe even more. Their blood-soaked hands were intertwined and Jack was bawling as he watched a heavy-lidded Alex. "Don't leave me, baby. I love you." He pressed their lips together, and even though they had been touching for awhile and they were now kissing, there was barely any flames. His fire was going out.
Alex could barely open his mouth to respond once Jack pulled back. "You'll make it...I'll see...you soon...I love you...Make sure you give them...the book..." His eyes slid shut slowly and I saw every tense muscle in his body relax. The pained look on Jack's face faded, but the pain in his eyes heightened. Looking towards the rest of us, it was like he was just now realizing Mike had been injured too.
"Don't let him die." He commanded.
"Is Alex...?" I asked, my throat too tight to finish the rest of the sentence.
"He's dead." His voice cracked. "I've got 48 hoursleft at the most." A whimper fought to break past my lips, but I kept silent, keeping my eyes on Mike's hair. If I met anyone's eyes, I would probably have a mental breakdown.
Looking past Mike's head, I saw Vic's hands working frantically at trying to make the bleeding in his brother's chest stop. The car jerked to a stop and Alan opened the door and jumped out of it. We must have arrived at the hospital. Minutes later, Vic, Jack and I were being ripped away from Alex's body and a barely breathing Mike while they were rolled away on stretchers. Austin and Alan directed us to go inside before going to park the vehicle.
"Fuck!" Jack yelled angrily at the sky. "Why?" Within the span of one word, his voice went from frustrated to hopeless, from screaming to barely a whisper. His legs wobbled and Vic and I ran to catch him before he fell to the cement sidewalk. We ended up basically carrying him inside to the E.R. waiting room. We must have been quite a sight, the three of us walking in. Our clothing was blood spattered and I was disgustingly dirty. I could faintly feel the adrenaline fading and the burning in my leg returning. I would have to get that checked out, but I wanted to get clean everywhere else first.
A nurse came up to the three of us just as we were getting Jack into a seat. "Is he okay?" She asked worriedly.
I gave Vic a sideways look. He answered for us. "I think he's in shock. Is there any way he can go and lay down for awhile? If not, that's okay, but I'd really appreciate it." Vic's voice was smooth, almost seductive. He had the nurse under his finger before he finished the first sentence. His looks and his voice were perfect, and it was hard to believe anyone couldn't see that. He knew how to use it to his advantage, too. That confidence he had in himself just made him that much sexier.
"O-Of course. Mr..."
"Barakat. His name it Jack Barakat." I answered.
"Right. Mr. Barakat, will you come with me? I'll help you up." She put her arms out. Vic and I were prepared to help, but the petite nurse proved much stronger than she looked, handling Jack herself with no problem. Walking to the door that led back to the emergency rooms, she pushed a button on the wall that opened the doors automatically. They disappeared into the maze of walls and rooms as the doors slowly swung shut behind them.
Vic tugged on my ripped shirt, careful not to actually touch me. "Come on, let's get cleaned up." He gave me a tense smile, reading my mind and dragging me toward the family bathroom. As we walked, my leg started to give out on me. Vic's face was pained, knowing he couldn't touch me. Thankfully, I made it to the bathroom without collapsing and as soon as the door closed and locked, Vic cradled me in his arms. His warm lips found my forehead. I was dirty from not bathing for days, but it didn't seem to deter Vic. He didn't care in the slightest that I felt grimy and gross. Moving his lips from the top of my head, he softly pecked the tip of my dirty nose, before finally settling on my own lips. "I'm so sorry it took so long to get to you. I'm going to spend the rest of our lives making it up to you, okay? But let me start by cleaning you up."
My heart clenched and my stomach filled with butterflies. He cared about me. I nodded into his chest.
He sat me on the toilet while he went to the paper towel dispenser. He pulled out multiple towels and dampened them before kneeling before me. Starting with my face, he cleaned the forehead, nose and lips he had just kissed. He then moved to my neck, removing all of the grime from my cool skin. Leaning towards me, his hot lips followed the paper towel that cleansed me. I shivered against him when he gently bit my neck, not even hard enough to leave any type of mark. "Take off your shirt." Vic groaned into my neck, the hand not holding the paper towel sliding up the hem of my shirt. I didn't need to be told twice to help him remove the cloth covering my chest.
Slowly and gently, like we have all the time in the world, Vic cleaned me. His kisses travel with his hand. I'm not bothered when he asks, or rather tells me to take off my pants. It's crazy how comfortable we are with each other even though we haven't known the other even existed until less than a week ago, but I don't care one bit. I know that whether I like it or not, I'm stuck with him for the rest of my existence. We can move as slow or as fast as we want.
By the time I was clean, the only articles of clothing left on me were my boxers and the cloth bandage on my leg. Vic wasn't going to mess with it for fear of making it worse. "Thank you." I whispered, unsure of what else to say. I think I cared for him just as much as he did me, and I wanted to return the favor with something just as romantic and sweet as he had.
He nodded and stood up, going to throw away the dirty paper towels while I got redressed. Even though I was nearly naked in front of Vic, for the first time since I've met him, neither of us felt the need to do anything more sexual than kiss. Maybe it was just the situation we were in at the moment.
I wrapped my arms around his back while he had his back turned to me. As I did, a strangled sort of sob escaped his mouth. "Mike..." was the only word he could utter before he totally lost it. I turned him around and he melted into my arms. I stayed silent while he told me everything that had happened since my dad had kidnapped me. It wasn't as grand a gesture as what Vic did for me, but I could tell it was just as appreciated as what he did for me. The way his hands shook on my back told me how much he needed to talk about this.
A knock on the door shocked us out of each others arms, making the fire and water between us dissipate instantly. "Hey, we're going to talk about this later, okay? But first, I gotta get this leg checked out before I end up in just as bad shape as Mike." Vic flinched when I said his brother's name. "Don't worry. You did the best you could, and I just have this feeling that he's going to be okay."
"You're sure?"
"Almost positive." He pulled back and wiped the tears from his eyes and smiled at me.
"Thank you. So much. I...it just means a lot to me." I raised my eyebrows when he but himself off, but ignored it otherwise for the time being. I kissed him one more time before wobbling to the door, Vic right behind me.
We went straight to the nurse that helped Jack and she immediately checked my leg herself. Her face paled and she ran to get a wheelchair. "You need to come back here now. I'm going to get a doctor right away. That's a bad infection. How'd it happen?"
I took a shaky breath. "My dad kidnapped me and held me hostage after he shot me. If it weren't for Austin and Alan, it would be a lot worse."
Her eyes widened in realization. "You're that Kellin kid, aren't you?" I nodded.
"After I get the doctor, I'm going to call the police."
"He's dead..." I whispered.
"I still have to call them." She said responsibly.
"Can I use another phone to call out parents?"
"Yeah, if you head over to where that guard is sitting and explain the situation, he'll let you use it, alright? I'll let you back to Kellin's room when you're done." Everyone moved into motion and I was wheeled back the same way Jack was carried earlier.