Status: COMPLETE. If you like this, maybe come read some of my other stuff? I don't bite. :)

This Should Feel Something Like Fire.

Said The King To The River.

Vic and I ran down to the kitchen to be greeted by Mike, my mother, Tony, and Jaime. Jaime was flirting up a storm with my mother, who was making eggs for everyone, while Tony and Mike were just looking at each other, equally creeped out, relived when we joined them. "Jaime! Stop making everyone uncomfortable!" I scolded, gesturing to the rest of the room. My mom was the only one who didn't look uncomfortable. Secretly, I think she loved the showers of compliments Jaime gave her more than she would ever admit. Jaime grinned even wider than he already was and winked.
"You know that's my job, Kells." I rolled my eyes at him, but otherwise ignored him as I went to get plates down for my mom. Vic took a seat next to Mike.
"I guess you guys have all gotten acquainted with Mike," I said over the clamor of blue plates knocking together. "And this is Vic, his brother. Vic, those are my two idiot friends Jaime and Tony. They'll be our ride to school."
"Thank god one of you finally got your license. Now I don't have to drive you all to school every morning." My mom joked. Even though the school was very close to our houses, we lived just outside the district, meaning a bus wouldn't come pick us up. That also meant that either mine, Tony's, or Jaime's mom would have to take us to school every morning. We normally walked home, but our parents knew they let us walk to school, most of the time we probably wouldn't reach the high school building in time for our first class, if at all. They made that mistake our freshman year. My mom usually ended up pulling the short straw on that deal, as Tony's mom worked erratic hours at the local hospital and Jaime's mom had a car that had the tendency to break down at the most inopportune times.
"Aw, come on. You know you love driving my charming face to school every morning." Jaime joked, and my mom hit him with a damp dish towel, resulting in him whining about his hair getting messed up, as if it could be any worse than it already was.
Soon enough, the eggs were finished and all five of us were scarfing them down, my mom shaking her head at us. She must have cooked a dozen eggs, and they were all gone within five minutes. Jaime and Tony knew they would get food if they came here, so they just stopped eating at their own houses for the most part. My mom was an excellent cook, and by now she knew to make extra because you never knew when Tony and Jaime - a.k.a. the Two Person Village - would stop by. They ate dinner with us probably three or four times a week. We didn't mind though. Both of their houses were pretty empty most of the time, with them both being only children with busy parents, and our house always seemed more lively with the two of them here. So much that it almost was weird for their voices not to be echoing off our walls.
Looking at the clock, my eyes widened. "Damn it, we're gonna be late!" I yelled, seeing that the first bell rang in fifteen minutes. My mom didn't really care if I cursed in front of her; she knew I did it behind her back, and she didn't really care too much in the first place. They were just words in her eyes: a different combination of the 26 letters that made up our entire language. All of us quickly dumped our plates in the sink with a quick thank you to my mom, grabbed our bags and whatever we needed for school, and ran out to Jaime's car. "Shotgun!" I yelled. I had to keep a bit of distance between Vic and myself, or we would probably jump each other.
Turning on the car, Madonna's strong voice blasted throughout the car. Vic, Mike, and I covered our ears while Tony laughed and Jaime's ears went red and he pulled out the CD as fast as he could. After the initial shock, we were all laughing at Jaime's music choice. Not because we were making fun of him, but because it was one of the last things you'd expect him to listen to. I didn't even know he knew a Madonna song.
"Shut up, all of you." Jaime said miserably, and, for once, we listened as I adjusted the music to our usual rock station, which happened to be playing Bring Me the Horizon's "Sleepwalking."
"No way, you guys like Bring Me?" Vic asked excitedly.
"Yeah, of course!" Tony responded.
"That's awesome! No one at our old school has ever heard of them!" Mike said. For the rest of the trip, we found out that we all had very similar music preferences. I was freaking out on the inside because, like every stereotypical gay teenage boy, I had the fantasy of curling up with my boyfriend on a rainy day and listening to good music and making out.
"Hey!" Tony said as we were getting out of the car, knocking out of my daydream. "We going for pizza after school? You guys can come too." He said to Vic and Mike. Every Thursday, the three of us would walk down to the pizza place down the street and mess around from the time school was dismissed until the sun went down. Nobody minded, and it was our tradition. They couldn't kick us out anymore, even if they wanted to. We were like half of the pizza shop's weekly income.
"Er, I didn't bring money with me." Mike replied uncomfortably. I was under the impression they didn't have a lot of money to begin with, let alone spend it on going out for fun.
"Don't worry about it man. It's Jaime's week to pay, anyways." The strain of paying for pizza every week had gotten to us after a time, so we split it up. Every week, someone different would pay so we would only have to scrounge up the money once every three weeks instead of every week. It also made it easier to beg your parents for money if you did it less often.
I glanced over at Vic, who was giving me an intense, lusty look. I could tell he hadn't heard a single thing any of us had just said. The weight of his look at my palms itching and my pants tightening. The school day hadn't even started yet and I already had a boner. Great. "Uh, I don't think I'm gonna make it this week. Vic and I were rearranging my room so it's more comfortable. We were hoping to get it done tonight, right Vic?" I choked out a lie, knowing neither of us could restrain from touching any longer than absolutely necessary.
"Yeah. Sorry, we can go if you want..." Vic directed toward me. His voice made it sound like a question, but the still-heavy look in his eyes told me the decision was already made for me.
"Nah, it's cool. I'm not really in the mood for pizza tonight anyways." The other three guys seemed to notice the tension between us, but said nothing about it. "Uh, Vic, Mike? We should probably go get your schedules, considering the first bell goes off in like two minutes."
"Shit!" Jaime yelled. "I can't be late again or I'll get detention." Jaime gave a quick wave before grabbing Tony and dragging him off to their shared first period. I turned and headed towards the main office, leaving Vic and Mike to catch up with me.
Mike ended up having three of his five classes with me, and Vic had four of his five with me. Vic didn't have first period with Mike and I, and Mike didn't have fourth or fifth period with Vic and I. At least we wouldn't have to ditch Mike in fifth to meet with Jack and Mr. Gaskarth. Now, I had at least one person I could actually stand in every single one of my classes. Jaime and Tony were really the only people I actually liked in the school, and we had no classes together, so for the most part I just kept my head down and sat in the back of the class. Now, I would actually have someone to talk to and hopefully eliminate the awkwardness of trying to find someone to work with on partner projects.
It was third period when we had Mr. Gaskarth's class. There were only two open seats for Vic and Mike to choose from by the time we arrived. One was next to me in the back of the classroom and the other on the other side of the room in the front, right next to Mr. Gaskarth's desk. Vic headed to the one in the front, but Mr. Gaskarth stopped him. Maybe it was Mike's tattoos that made him want to keep Mike up front, but for whatever reason, he made Vic sit in the back, right next to me. Before he started teaching, Mr. Gaskarth seemed to laugh at something, even though the only thing in front of him were his lesson notes.
It was pure hell, sitting next to Vic for a full eighty minutes and not being able to touch him once. As soon as he first got within two feet of me, my hands started getting wetter, and I swear Vic's got red. About twenty minutes in, Vic slid me a piece of paper with a series of numbers on it, the edges slightly singed and burning. His phone number. Immediately I grabbed my phone and entered in the number, texting him random letters so he would have my own number. The response I got from him had me nearly choking on air.
If you don't stop biting your damn lip, I swear to god I will bend you over this very lab table and fuck you into it.
"Mr. Quinn? Everything alright?" Mr. Gaskarth asked, slowing strolling over to our table. Some people looked up, but mostly everyone kept to themselves and focused on the work they had been assigned, thankfully. However, Mike kept his eyes glued on us. Neither Vic or I could try and cover our phones without him noticing. "Would you like to read the text that you found so funny to the whole class?"
"No sir."
"Then I guess I'll have to do it for you." Before either of us could move, Mr. Gaskarth swiped both mine and Vic's phone. Reading the text, he smiled at us like we were part of an inside joke. "I'll see you both for detention." Then, after seeing no one was really paying attention to us, he winked before strolling away, sliding us both our phone back.
There were light burn marks on both of our phones.