Status: COMPLETE. If you like this, maybe come read some of my other stuff? I don't bite. :)

This Should Feel Something Like Fire.

The Storm.

"Don't do this, dad. Please." I begged as he pulled a small pistol from the inside pocket of his jacket. Vic's hand reached behind him for mine, and I intertwined them without a second thought, the contradicting elements between us becoming stronger the second out skin touched.
"Just come with me, Kellin. I won't touch your partner or shoot him if you come with me, and that's a promise." I wanted to accept if it kept Vic safe, but Vic's hand just tightened on my own as he leaned closer to my dad, who soon saw what Vic was doing and pointed the pistol at his head.
"Who do you think is a faster shoot, Victor? I've had years and years or training with this baby, and you've barely had these powers for two days. Do you even know how to control yourself?"
"Stop it, stop it!" I yelled, turning so I was in between Vic and my dad. "Both of you need to calm your tits. I'm not either of your property, so I'll go where ever I want, thank you."
"Kellin, please, get behind me." Vic implored. His eyes were becoming glassy, as if he were about to cry.
"Vic, I'm not gonna let you get hurt. I don't care if that means I get hurt." My father started laughing and Vic jerked me even closer to him.
"No, you don't understand." Vic whispered. "If you die, I die. It's an Elemental thing. Whenever one of us dies, the other's dead within two days, no exceptions. That's why he only wants you. He thinks you won't put up as much of a fight. He won't have to touch me to hurt me."
"Kellin, if you don't come with me right now, I will put a bullet through Vic's head."
"Try it." Vic responded, shooting fire at him so it grazed his arm. Anger brighter than Vic's fire flared in his eyes, and the gun went off, hitting Vic in the shoulder.
A tingling sensation went through my arm, which quickly escalated into an aching burn. I wasn't bleeding, but the pain was excruciating. I couldn't focus on anything but the pain. Vic collapsed to the ground, and I was right behind him. However, instead of hitting the hardwood floor, I fell into strong arms that picked me up and carried me out to the car.
Vic moaned my name, and I was passed out from pain before my dad even laid me in the car.
~~~~~
"Where are we taking him, boss?" An unfamiliar voice woke me up. The first thing that I did was breath in the smell of a musty blanket that couldn't have possibly been washed in the past five years. Wet dog and urine burned my nose and I gagged, somehow staying quiet.
"Base camp would be too obvious. Probably one of the warehouses." My dad said. I kept still and refrained from talking, trying to comprehend as much as I could about the situation.
"We should probably get going before his boy toy gets smart and calls the police or something." Suggested another unknown voice. I opened my eyes slightly so they were in slits, and saw three men. One of the unknown men was short and plump, and the other was tall and lean. My dad was right in the middle of the two, of average height and average build. Looking further behind them, I saw we were in a field of some sort. There was a forest only about 25 feet away, but until then, I would be exposed. I could make it easily in fifteen steps, but still I hesitated. I knew my dad had a gun, at least, and who knew what these other guys were capable of?
Silently, I slowly stretched my body, checking to see if anything was harmed. My arm still burned, but thankfully, my legs were okay, which was the important thing.. After surveying the guys, I came to the conclusion that I could outrun them. I already knew I could outrun my dad, and neither of the other guys looked particularly fit. The short one was big and the tall one was skin and bones. Also, with the amount of adrenaline pumping through my veins at the moment, I could have easily run a marathon.
Luck seemed to be on my side for the moment. All three men were facing away from me, and my feet were still clad in my favorite pair of converse. I could do this. I only had one shot. If I stayed, I would die. I knew that. Might as well go out with a bang. Literally.
Taking a shaky breath, I sat up, grateful that the car didn't groan under me. My entire body was shaking. It was now or never. I counted to three before taking off running.
One. Take a deep breath.
Two. You've got nothing to lose.
Three. You save yourself, you save Vic.
Go.
It'll only take fifteen steps. Fifteen steps to get to safety.
Fifteen...fourteen...
"What the hell...?" That was the small one, I think. I couldn't look back to check.
Eleven...ten...nine...
I hear a gun being pulled out of its holster.
Six...
BAMMM! It echoes. I didn't feel it, probably thanks to the adrenaline rush, but I knew I was shot.
Four...three...two...
Two more shots hit me, this time I feel them. Both in my right leg. I believe the other one hit my left leg.
"Eric! Ben! Don't just stand there. Go after him!"
One.
Their steps are right behind me. I'm in the forest, but I don't dare stop running. Jaime's demanding voice fills my head.
When we were in middle school, I did track. Jaime wasn't a runner, but he was more than happy to help me train. "Let's go Quinn! You don't pass that line in ten seconds and you're running ten more laps! Keep going, you're so close!" His voice is on repeat in my head.
I don't know how long I was running through the think array of trees, but soon, they start to thin and I see a bright neon light, advertising some sort of rest stop. Blood loss started to make me dizzy, and I could barely think coherently, but the thought stick in my mind that if I can reach the sign, I can stop.
I'm five feet away when two things happen.
One, Eric and Ben catch up to me.
Two, I can't even see anymore, so I collapse into someone's strong arms, hoping it's Vic.
~~~~~
Vic
I waited until Kellin and his dad had been gone for ten minutes before calling Mike down. In that time, I went to the kitchen and grabbed a dish towel, trying to stop the bleeding in my shoulder. The bullet had gone straight through my arm, so I didn't have to take it out, but it still hurt like a bitch. I had to get to the hospital. I was already beginning to feel faint. "Mike!" I yelled for him once I knew we were safe for the time being. Within seconds he was in front of me, checking my shoulder and trying to help in any way he could. "Can you call 911? I can't drive like this. Just make something up for how I got shot if they asked. Then call mom. I need to make another call." Mike nodded, not even questioning me.
I went to Kellin's phone, praising my lucky stars when I saw his phone didn't have a passcode lock. I immediately went to his contacts and found Jack's number.
"Kellin? What's going on?" Jack answered on the second ring, yawning.
"It's not Kellin. It's Vic."
"What happened?" I heard springs creaking and Jack waking up Alex.
"Kellin's dad is the leader of the - ah - Resistance. He came to see Kellin tonight and realized that we were partners. Then he - ow - shot me and took Kellin to god knows where. An ambulance is coming for me right now. I'm really dizzy..."
"Vic. Take a breath and sit down. Alex and I are headed to the hospital right now. We'll make something up for your parents and get in to see you. We'll talk then."
"Okay. Thank you." In the background, I heard Alex telling Jack to give him the phone. I was so out of it I wasn't even annoyed by him.
"Vic, it's very important you listen to me right now. If you get any weird shooting pains or get random out of the blue pains that you shouldn't get, you need to call us right away. There's a good chance those aren't your pains, but Kellin's."
The wailing of distant sirens came though the house. "Got it. The ambulance is almost here." I said, exhaustion beginning to overcome me.
"We'll meet you at the hospital." Alex promised before hanging up.
When the ambulance showed up, everything become a blur. Mike rode with me in the ambulance as they gave me emergency blood transfusions. I faded in and out of consciousness until we arrived at the hospital before blacking out completely.
When I woke up, Mike, Alex and Jack were sitting in my room, staring at me intently. "Where's mom?" I asked Mike.
"She's on her way. They got stuck in really bad traffic. She should be here soon though."
"We lied our way in. If anyone asks, we're your uncles." Alex told me. I nodded.
Jack opened his mouth to speak, but I never got to hear him. My screams cut him off as my leg seemed to tear itself from my body. All three guys were crowded around my bed as nurses were asking where it hurts and can you rate it on a scale of one to ten.
"Eight!" I cried until two more shooting pains went up my other legs. "Ten! Ten! Ten!" This pain was overwhelming. My body couldn't take it. As my body slowly gave out, my mother screamed and my last waking thought was that I would find Kellin no matter what it took.
I was not dying without him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm SO SO SORRY for not updating. I've got like three chapters okay I'll update them now SORRYSORRYSORRY