Status: “Tell them... Tell them that, Ellie is the little girl, WHO BROKE YOUR ***ING FINGER!” — Ellie, to David

The Last of Us

Sarah

The sunny day had died out into darkness hours ago, light from the TV flickered across Sarah's face as she slept on the couch. Moving images on the screen formed reruns of Full House, cast across her fair cheeks. Head rested on the arm, she fell asleep waiting up for her dad, Joel, to get home from work. He always left before she woke up, usually her Uncle Tommy came over at that time to see her off to school. Because of this, she missed his birthday, but did not want to miss the opportunity to give him his gift. It was his birthday, and she had stayed up until twelve exclusively for that. 

Sarah was your average thirteen year-old. She went to school, had good grades, a few friends that she went to soccer practice with. Like her dad, she loved music, loved nature, and during the summertime, her and her dad would go camping for the weekend.

She had pale blonde hair with brown streaks, and when her eyes were open, they were green. Standing out with the bronze freckles speckled across the bridge of her nose.

The front door unlocked, shutting swiftly and quietly with a low thud as Joel walked in. Looking tired, he glanced over at his daughter sleeping on the couch and looked away and actually tried to pay attention to what his brother was saying. 

Joel sighed, rubbing his eyes "Yeah Tommy, he's the contractor... Yeah. Alright, we'll discuss it more tomorrow... Goodnight."

Flipping on the lamp, he walked towards the couch where Sarah lies, she yawned and opens her eyes. "What's that all about?"

"Nothing you need to worry about. Scootch."

He set his phone on the table and went to sit on the couch next to Sarah, she sat up and smiled micheviously. 

"What are you still doing up?..." Joel groaned tiredly.

"Oh crud!" Sarah exclaimed, looking up at the clock above the couch.

"It's way past your bedtime."

"But it's still today." she said smugly, getting up and leaning over the arm of the couch, rummaging around in the shadows.

"Sarah..." Joel sighed, "I really don't have the energy for this right now." when he opened her eyes again, Sarah stood before him, her hand extended, a small white box in her palm. "Happy Birthday." she grinned.

Joel raised his eyebrows at her and took the box, lifting the lid, looking at the expensive black watch inside. "Sarah, this is..." he paused as he took it out and put it on his left wrist, "it's nice but... I think it's stuck, it's not..."

"What?" she grabbed his arm to see for herself. "oh... Ha ha." she laughed sarcastically and shoved his shoulder, he laughed and held it up to the lamp for a better look. "Where'd you get the money for this?"

She laid back down on the arm of the couch, watching the TV intently, she replied nonchalantly "Drugs. I sell hardcore drugs."

"Oh, good." Joel grinned, snagging the remote off the coffee table and looking over the channels. "you can start helping out with the mortgage, then."

"Ha!" Sarah snorted, "you wish."

Her eyelids grew heavy and she fell back asleep, Joel glancing over at her every now and again until he picked her up, cradling her to his chest, carrying her upstairs to her room, tucking her into bed, brushing a strand of pale blonde hair off her forehead and whispering "Goodnight, babygirl..."
♠ ♠ ♠
It is short, but other chapters will be longer. I was inspired to write this after finishing Last of Us on Survivor mode XD plus I really love the story line. But dont be fooled and think this is exactly the same story line, I'll be throwing in some other stuff to keep you last of us vetrans on your toes. Anyways, until next time, stay alive,

Survive and Endure

-WhereMyDemonsHide