The Netherling Curse

Ever since Sera Tucker was diagnosed with schizophrenia, she couldn't ever fit in with anyone. Not with her mother who left when she was six, or her drunk dad, or anyone at school. No one except Lunar and "Knight". Lunar is her cat that only she can see and Knight is an angelic apparation that haunts her dreams. When the popular kids decide to pull a prank on her at her senior prom, Sera disappears into the Nether with a very unwelcome guest. As Talon, a.k.a Knight, tries to help Sera find her way, they're met with Ether oppositon and the unthinkable happens.

Excerpt:
The mass starts to laugh and stands up. I gasp and my hand covers my mouth. “You! I know you!” Knight laughs.

“Yeah, and I know you.” Knight’s wings unfurl from his back, making him seem even taller and even more intimidating. “It’s time to come home.”

“I’m not going home!” I wrap my arms across my chest and back up further into the wall. Lunar starts to wrap himself around Knight’s legs and all I can hear over Knight’s glowering is the crack and Lunar’s purring.

“I’m not talking about your home.” Knight smiles that devilish smile of his and crosses his arms.

I gulp down air. “You mean the Nether?” Knight smiles wider and nods his head.