Status: progress

An Epic of Time Wasted

Days of the Past

I don't remember much about my childhood; it was a mixture of confusion and so much happiness. My father has always been there to support me no matter how bad things ever got. My mom wouldn’t know what to do if it weren’t for my father.
My dad had sacrificed his dreams when I was about four years of age.
My story begins when I was at the age of four. Christmas had recently passed and I had everything a little girl my age could dream of and more.
I was meant to fall asleep once mom had given me a shower and tucked me in. I could tell that they were trying to keep their voices low. I couldn’t understand why it sounded like dad was in trouble. I decided to go make sure dad was okay.
I climbed out of bed and tip toed out the door and down the hall way towards my parents’ bedroom. The double doors weren’t completely shut, through the crack I could not only hear them but also see them. Dad was sitting on the edge of the bed with something in his hands; mom was standing with her back facing me.
This would have been the first time I would ever see my father cry. Mom was mad; I remember she kept mentioning me. Had I done something wrong to in some way anger her?
Dad looked down at the item in his hand and shrugged as if he couldn’t say a word. Mom stepped closer to him; her hand collided with dad’s cheek. I inhaled loudly enough for them to hear. Dad looked up and caught me looking through the crack. He wiped his tears away and made his way to me.
I stepped back and looked around; mom was just staring at us. Dad picked me up and smiled “hey baby girl what are you doing out of bed?” he walked back to their bed and sat in the same place.
I wiped the tiredness out of my eyes and smiled up at the man I hoped to marry one day.
“Did we keep you from sleep baby girl?” asked my dad. Even though they now knew I was awake, he still whispered.
“Daddy, what’s wrong why you cry?” I asked.
I remember my dad smiling at me choking the tears back. I grabbed the bottom of my shirt and wiped the tears away.
“Don’t cry, I love you.”
Dad pressed his lips too my cheek and made a loud smooching sound.
“I love you more pumpkin.”
I smiled over at mom and then back at dad “I love you so much that I’m letting you think you love me more.”
He shook his head “did your uncles teach you that?”
I shrugged “I don’t remember his name.”
Mom sighed “Emily mommy and daddy need to talk.”
Dad stood up “babe, I haven’t seen her in months; she can stay up to night.”
Mom didn’t like that “no, we need to have this conversation.”
Dad put me on the floor “go to your room and wait for me, daddy needs to give mommy love too okay?”
I nodded and ran to my room where I sat on the bed waiting. They got louder and louder. Something shattered and dad swore at mom
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel Like this was really sweet maybe I'm weird? Thoughts?