Status: progress

An Epic of Time Wasted

Monsters in the Dark

One of my parents started to walk towards the room. I was frightened, mom sometimes spanked me and it hurt, it hurt lots.
As the footsteps got closer, I grew frightened. As I sunk in to my bed, I started to feel strange. First, my feet started to tingle then that sensation danced up my legs and over my arms and eventually covered my body. Although I couldn’t feel it, I knew there were tears running down my face. The door flew open, my dad stood there he looked at me and just froze.

I couldn’t see through the darkness that surrounded me, I was terrified of the dark. Mom always said that the dark was a bad place to be, that all the bad monsters hid there waiting for little girls like me.
I was sitting on something hard but squishy, it was soft against my legs. There was a light snoring sound and the floor beneath me shook. It was a monster one of the many my mom had spoken to me about.
I did what any kid my age should have and screamed. The monster was startled it was mumbling something, probably to tell the rest of the monsters that I was there.
The lights blinded me as they came on moments later; I shut my eyes tightly and screamed for my daddy.
"Shh! who the hell are you?" came a boy's voice.
Peaked at him for a second and realized he was just a boy and not a monster. He looked scared with his back against the wall and a baseball bat at hand.
"Daddy? I want my daddy." I cried
He sighed and pulled the shirt off his back. "Here, let's put some clothes on you."
He helped me in to the shirt and stared at me "you're kind of cute for a kid"
I smiled he was also cute; I wrapped my arms around him. He pulled me off the bed and started walking out of the room "how did you get in to my room?"
I shrugged.
"Okay where do you live?"
Again I shrugged I lived at home.
"Where are your mom and dad?"
This I knew the answer to.
"Their home mommy is making daddy cry."
He rubbed my back and set me down on a kitchen counter.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey thanks for the comments. how do you feel about the dialogue so far ?