Status: progress

An Epic of Time Wasted

Fruit Loops

When I woke up I was in my room alone, my dad must have returned to his room. It was already daytime and I was ready for cartoons.
Down stairs on the couch, was my dad in sweat pants watching some grown up T.V show with no pretty colors or fun music? I rubbed my eyes and a sound of grogginess left my lips. My daddy was looking over the couch at me he had a huge smile on his face.
"Hey Pumpkin"
I smiled and walked over to the couch; my dad pulled me up on his lap and hugged me. I giggled when he kissed me he laughed as I yelled for mom.
"I'm going to eat you!"
He started to pretend to bite me making loud eating noised. I screamed "no daddy don't eat me I'm your baby!"
My dad laughed and hugged me tightly.
"Yeah you are my baby, and you always will be."
I hugged my dad and kissed his cheek. My dad worked with music so he was gone six or eight months at a time, when he would come home and spend a lot of time in the house with me and my mom. Sometimes dad would even take me with him to work. My uncles all worked with him, In his work there was a room inside a room and so many buttons to press.
My dad sighed and picked up his bowl of cereal and put it on my lap while he put a spoon full in his mouth. I opened my mouth and stared at him he laughed and put the spoon in my mouth. I loved fruit loops even though mom said they had no fruit in them.
"Baby, come in to the kitchen I made some scrambled eggs for you."
Mom stopped and stared at us on the couch.
"You're feeding her fruit loops? Why do you do this? That stuff will kill her metabolism she will get fat! Then I will be the one every one blames that she life."
Dad threw the bowl of cereal on the T.V. and yelled cutting her off.
"Who the fuck cares if she has a bowl of cereal with her fucking dad?"
He stood up and set me back on the couch. They yelled at each other while I cried in to dad's leg.
"Daddy stop yelling at mommy!"
Dad looked down at me and sighed as he picked me up.
"I'm sorry pumpkin come on lets go get you dressed, your uncles missed you"
Dad picked out a dress and put me in it, when he saw that I still had a frown on my face he kneeled down and said.
"Mommy and I, we didn’t mean to scare you we love you very much."
He grabbed my face and pulled it to his so that his mouth was on my cheek. He made a loud kissing sound that stung my ears.
"Who's the most beautiful girl in the world?"
I smiled and pointed to my self.
"Me?"
I asked him, he laughed and nodded. I let him put my shoes on and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.
When we got to my uncles house I ran in looking for him.
"Uncle!"
He turned with a grin on his face as I ran and wrapped my arms around his legs my aunt laughed behind him.
"Hey baby girl wow you're so big now!"
He pulled me up in his arms and I was happy. All my uncles and aunts were there but my mom was at home.
This was one of my fondest memories, one ill never forget my first time phasing.
As the years passed my father and I kept the secret from my mother, dad said it was better for her not to know because it could hurt her feelings. I didn’t understand why and I never really questioned him but I think she knew deep down she knew that I could travel through time.
I was 16 now and looking back through the pictures of my dad and mom with my uncles. Every photo I picked up had a rip in it as if a person was missing from most of the pictures.
"Daddy!"
I yelled as I ran down the stairs only to find him sprawled out over the couch watching some show about a motorcycle club Sons of Anarchy.
"What, Emily if it’s about missing school again mom said no!"
I grinned and jumped over the back of the couch and landed on my dad.
He jumped a bit and hugged me "Jeeze kid, what are your uncles feeding you?"
I elbowed him in the side and held the photo of him in the air.
"do you remember this?" I asked
"not particularly why?"
I pointed at the ripped edges he sighed and picked up his phone.
"you want to know who's cut out don't you?"
I nodded and watched as he flipped threw some pictures on his phone he stopped on one. There was a man I didn’t remember seeing he had a Mohawk and a leather jacket he was so cute it made me giggle.
"Yeah yeah I know he is so 'dreamy' jeeze give me a break" he made a girly voice when he said dreamy.
"who is he?" I asked.
"well his name is Johnny, he used to be a very good friend of mine. He made the mistake of taking something I love so much from me."
I raised an eyebrow, what could he have taken?
"Was it a girl?"
He laughed, "Yeah when I was younger. There was this girl most beautiful thing I had ever seen."
I laughed "daddy had a girl friend before mommy."
"no baby she was never my girl friend, go on and put this shit away before your mom gets home and get that home work done."
♠ ♠ ♠
so how do we feel about this chapter?