Status: Ongoing

The Beacon

Never Ends

Opening the door to his new home, Mason couldn’t help but to pass some woman with tears in her eyes clutching a picture to his chest. The picture was out of his view, but the woman’s emotions where for all to see. He rolled his eyes walking into the den, which had been turned into his mom’s work. A table sat in the middle of the room covered in a purple cloth, tarot cards stacked on top, and a twenty dollar bill still sitting in the glass bowl; which is mom called the “spirit tithe”.
“Made another one cry?” asked Mason as he sat down in the leather back chair as his mom entered the room lighting a sage stick, the woman looked not a day over thirty-five but she was pushing fifty, but thanks to hair dye, no one would know that.
“She wanted to know if her man was cheating, so I told her the truth. I can’t help what the cards tell me” said Georgia as her face fell when she looked upon her son, Mason noticed the look and raised a brow.
“What is it, is there some spirit beside me?” asked Mason with a soft chuckle.
“Where did you go today?”
“I went to see that vet, I got the job by the way, why?”
“I didn’t think these would be here” said Georgia as she walked to her cabinet where she kept her “spiritual spices”, she pulled out a small silver locket before placing a petal of a purple flower with some dust that Mason knew was mountain ash, she moved to Mason and handed him the locket.
“Mom, I don’t need a protection locket. I will be working with dogs and other animals” said Mason waving his hand to dismiss the locket.
“Take it and wear it, you don’t know what lurks in this town” said Georgia as Mason held out his hand to take the locket, he made a decision to only wear it at home but nowhere else.
“Fine mom, wouldn’t want the three people I have met in this town to hurt me” said Mason rolling his eyes, his mom eyes brightened.
“You made friends?” asked Georgia softly.
“Not really, I just met this guy named Scott, Deaton, and this girl but I never got her name”
“Well that’s good honey, diner will be ready soon. Your sister is out exploring but she should be home soon” said Georgia walking into the kitchen leaving Mason to look at the locket with one more roll of his eyes.
_____

Stiles pushed open the loft door, he didn’t bother knocking, and after all he practically lived her over the summer. The secret that he kept to himself, the secret that he wasn’t even sure how it happened. He didn’t expect to find himself walking up in the former alpha’s arms every morning but he wasn’t complaining; he just wasn’t sure how to tell his friends, especially Scott.
“You home?” asked Stiles to the seemingly empty loft.
“In here” came the familiar male voice entering with a bottle of water in his hand and no shirt, which Stiles rolled his eyes at.
“Seriously, Derek, I bet you spend all day thinking how to look sexier when I get here” said Stiles walking to Derek and kissing him softly on the lips. Derek wrapped his arms around the smaller boys back, pulling him closer.
“Nah, this, “motions up and down his toned body, “comes natural”
“So modest, are we?” asked Stiles with a roll of his eye and another kiss to the scruffy man’s lips.
“Always. So did you see McCall today?”
“Nope, he is busy working and he ignores my calls. I know I shouldn’t get mad, I mean his first love did just die because of me. Hell, maybe he blames me”
“Stiles how many times do I have to tell you this” holds Stiles head between his two strong hands. “That wasn’t you”
“Still felt like me, Derek” said Stiles moving away from his boyfriend and sitting down on the sofa, Derek sighed and sat down beside him.
“Well it wasn’t. Ethan and Allison dying were just causalities of war, a war you didn’t start”
“Derek, can we just talk about something else? Like when we should tell them that we have been dating for a month” said Stiles looking into Derek’s eyes.
“How about a week after you start back to school and don’t spring it on him, you know how he is with surprises” said Derek and Stiles nodded.
“I will be casual about it, just tired of keeping this secret. I am happy with you but this still feels like a dream” said Stiles lying his head on the older man’s shoulder.
“Well this is not a dream, “holds up his hand, “see ten fingers, not a dream”
“Good, because I am tired of sleeping” said Stiles with a yawn, making Derek chuckle as he held the boy close to his warm body.

_______
Lydia smiled to herself in the mirror trying on one of the many dresses that she bought today. For those few hours, the pain of losing her best friend didn’t matter but it was in the time that her mind kept wandering that she would continue to think about Allison. She smiled as she through the new dress on her bed as a familiar feeling entered her body. In almost like a daze, she walked down the stairs, into her car and began to drive. Like always when her banshee powers seemed to kick in she had no ideas where she was going, she pulled up next to the lacrosse field, and put her car in park. As she walked closer to the bleachers, that is when she saw it. The young man, stripped naked with a smile on his face and what seemed to be a hole in his chest where his heart use to be, it was then that the scream came. The loud scream that seemed to echo throughout Beacon Hills, the scream that brought Derek, Peter, and Scott out of their seemingly normal lives as they all three jumped up.
“Lydia” they said in unison from different parts of the town, as Lydia stared at the dead boy in front of her, the dead boy that was bleeding over the bleachers and whose cause of death had to be the missing of his hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, here's chapter two! If you like please Review and tell me what you thing, it means alot.