Status: Updates every Wednesday throughout the month of December.

Love Is a Selfish Thing.

July 19th

When Kellin was sat at the breakfast table the next morning, his mother announced that she found it time that Kellin and Kailey had some brother-sister time. They would spent the whole day together, Kellin more thought of this as an excuse so their parents could have some alone time but he didn’t complain. From time to time, he liked to spent time with his sister. And maybe, he did spent a little too less time with his sister... “Enjoy town today, you haven’t been around here yet. Go on, have fun!” Their mother forced them both in their shoes and out the door.

“Have fun today! Your dad and I might go out tonight so you might want to order food.” She smiled brightly and slammed the door shut. Kailey rolled her eyes. “That was nice”, she mumbled and Kellin could only agree that it really seemed that their mother wanted them gone for today. “So,” Kellin asked his sister, “what are we doing today?”. Kailey simply shook her shoulders. “I don’t know, walk around a bit, shop a bit, I don’t know? Oh, can we get an ice-cream later?” She suggested, “Sure! Let’s go” Kellin smiled, took his younger sister’s arm and pulled her with him.

So, that’s how the day started for brother and sister. Kailey had been out last night so she took the lead to get them to the centre of the city. It was a bright sunny day, even a bit too warm. To Kellin’s luck, the shopping centre was closer than he thought. “So, where do we start?” Kellin asked his sister, she shook her shoulders. “I don’t know?” She mumbled quietly and looked around the shopping centre before spotting a shop she wanted to go to. “Come on Kellin” she screamed excited, grabbed Kellin’s arm and pulled him to the shop.

Several hours and shops later, Kailey and Kellin were sat at on a bench while eating ice-cream. Both of them had decided once they had finished their ice-cream they would go home and do some more brother and sister stuff. Bake a cake, watch movies, they didn’t plan it out that much. In meanwhile, Kailey was checking out boys and Kellin being gay, enjoyed this weird brother-sister activity. “Oh, what about that one, he’s kinda cute?” Kailey pointed to a guy with her ice-cream. Kellin followed the direction to see a ginger dude standing there. “No” was all he said. Kailey rolled her eyes. “He’s cute!” She exclaimed, Kellin laughed and rolled his eyes. “Whatever you say, sister”

Kellin stood up from the bench when he collided with someone. “Oh, I’m sorry!” they both said at the same time. The voice sounded oddly familiar and when Kellin looked up the guy indeed was familiar, it was Mike! “Oh, hey there!” Mike smiled politely, “so, you enjoying your stay in San Diego and the house?” He asked. Both Kellin and Kailey nodded. “San Diego is such a nice city!” She exclaimed, Mike smiled and nodded. “Well, I’ve got to go. See you later!” He smiled once again and walked away. “And him, do you think he’s cute?” Kailey grinned and poked Kellin in the ribs, he rolled his eyes. “No Kailey, I don’t” He grinned.

The walk home didn’t take long but in meanwhile they had decided that they were going to do a movie night. Both of them would pick out a few movies they’d brought and then settle which one they would watch on Kellin’s laptop. Once Kellin opened the door both of them ran upstairs to their rooms. “I’m gonna change into something comfy, pick up some movies and then I’ll come to your room,” Kailey said, Kellin just nodded and went into his own room. Kellin had tons of movies on his laptop so he didn’t pick any specific one out, instead now he had time, he’d read a bit.

February 4th,
I feel something inside of me what I haven’t felt in a long time. I think the feeling is called… Happiness?
I’m not sure, it’s a feeling that’s been gone for a long time but Jaime brings it back and I am not quite sure how he does it but I’m glad he does. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside and makes a real smile appear on my face, not a faked one which I’ve perfected.
He doesn’t care about my scars, he doesn’t ask about them. He saw them a lot more since them, even the fresh ones but he all he does is hug me. I’m glad he’s so accepting of my ugly body.
I’m sure there are hotter boys out there who Jaime could get but still, he decides to be with me. Am I really that special? Does he like me that much that he prefers me over any other boy? He probably just doesn’t want to hurt me.
Even though, we’re having a bit of a date tonight. Nothing too fancy: just movies at his house while getting fat on snacks, yep, that’s the good life: being snuggled up to your boyfriend while watching movies. I can’t wait!


Kellin grinned a bit at the coincidence. The door was slammed open loudly by Kailey, making Kellin shove the diary underneath his pillow. “Kellin, can I please chose the first movie, please?” Kailey asked as sweet as she could. “Why?” Kellin asked suspiciously. Kailey would pick a girly movie, he knew that. “Because I really want to watch Mean Girls!” She said, making Kellin grin. He secretly LOVED the movie and would watch it on a regular basis. “Deal!” He said, making Kailey grin in triumph. “You get the movie started, I’ll go get snacks!” Kellin exclaimed and ran downstairs as fast as his feet would carry him.

When Kellin entered the kitchen, he realised that they actually didn’t had dinner. He quickly shook his shoulders at the realisation and opened the cupboards. He found a few packets of sweets and a big bag of salt crisps. That would do it for now. He quickly took a bottle of soda out of the fridge as well as two glasses and walked back upstairs. When he got into his room, he froze. There was Kailey, reading through Vic’s diary. Oh no, this couldn’t be true….“Kellin?” Kailey asked while she laid the book down, “who’s Vic?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun, dun, duuuun....