Status: Updates every Wednesday throughout the month of December.

Love Is a Selfish Thing.

July 31st

Days flew by and the new schoolyear was coming soon, making Kellin even more nervous than he ever had been before. Luckily for him, or maybe even unfortunate, the university did a lot of courses and activities before the year even started. Kellin and his parents both agreed it would be better for him if he participated a few of them but what Kellin didn’t know was that his parents signed him up for almost all the courses and activities he could participate. The young man had hoped to spent some more time relaxing but no, these plans were brutally interrupted by almost daily going to introduction courses, get-to-know activities and eventually, in the last weekend of August: settling in into the dorms.

Today, Kellin had to go to university as well and today, was something the university forced him to: meeting your roommate. How ridiculous was this? All the kids who came here, would today meet their roommate, for what reason? The university stated that “If roommates don’t get along, they would make it their job to find everyone a suitable roommate”. It made Kellin scoff, if he didn’t get along with his roommate, he would switch with someone he befriended! So this left Kellin to where he was nog: it was six thirty in the morning, in a few minutes he would take the bus to university. He would be on the bus for more than an hour and still be an hour too early but if he took a later one, he would be too late. Fucked up buslines!

Kellin was happy that this wasn’t going to be a daily occurance since the dormrooms were on walking distance from the university. On the website it said that the blocks were on a maximum of one kilometre walking distance from school, which wasn’t that bad in his opinion. “Darling, you’ll be too late if you don’t leave now!” Kellin’s mother hushed while she threw some stuff, probably food and drinks, into his backpack before shoving it to him. “Put on your shoes and leave!” She panicked, making Kellin roll his eyes. “Relax mom, I won’t be too late!” He reassured her, making her visibly less tensed. “If you say so, darling. Just be careful!” She smiled and kissed his cheek while Kellin pulled on a pair of shoes, which happened to be Etnies and swung his backpack over his shoulder.

It was a bright and sunny day in San Diego, like almost every day since Kellin had been here. Though it looked sunny, the weather forecast had stated that it would rain today so Kellin came prepared and wore a jacket with a hood. Kellin started walking to the nearby bus stop, which actually seemed further away than he remembered but when he got there, he guessed he was in time since there were still standing other people. Actually, there was only one other person there. It was a boy who looked just a bit older than him with huge, black tunnel plugs in his ears and a dermal just below his eye. He the recognized the boy as Tony, one of the boys who gave them a tour around the campus a few days prior. When Tony noticed Kellin, he smiled brightly and greeted the younger boy.

“Hey!” The older one smiled, while digging in his mind what this boy’s name was. “Hey”, Kellin smiled and went back to awkwardness. “Kellin!” The other boy said out loud, “that was your name, right?” He asked, not sure but indeed, Kellin nodded. “Yep, that was it! You’re Tony, right?” Kellin said back, he was sure of the name but it would seem maybe a bit awkward otherwise. Tony nodded. “I didn’t know you lived around here”, Tony said, obviously trying to start a conversation. It had Kellin stunned, because back at the tour, he seemed like such a quiet, maybe a little awkward, boy. Or maybe he hated big crowds? Yeah, that seemed pretty logical! “Oh, I don’t actually live here” Kellin said, Tony frowned his face, “me and my family are on holiday here, we rented a house nearby.”

Tony nodded quickly and at that very moment, the bus stopped in front of them. “You seem like a chill dude, come sit next to me” Tony smiled, Kellin just nodded. Well, it would sure as hell be better to sit next to someone for the next hour than be bored by himself. Of course, he could read but he would keep that opportunity for if they fell into an awkward silence which actually didn’t seem to come up any time soon since Tony immediately started talking again. “So, what brings you here?” he asked, Kellin shook his shoulders. “I actually don’t know” Kellin said awkwardly. Tony nodded.

“A few years ago, me and a few friends started a band. Our singer was my best friend and wrote songs, some of the songs he would show instantly, other we found out about later. He was a genius with words! After that, I found myself a not good enough guitar player, it’s why I’m taking musician courses so that I can become better!” Tony spoke again, moments later. Kellin’s eyes lit up, “Are you still in a band?” He asked, Tony’s face dropped. “Uh no… Our singer died” Tony mumbled softly, making Kellin’s face drop. “Oh” was all what he managed to get out, “I am so sorry”. Tony shook his head and looked away. “It’s not your fault, even we couldn’t save him…” He mumbled absently, making chills run down Kellin’s spine. Well, there you had it: the awkward silence.

February 10th,
Wow, that I actually found time today to write. Yep, that was a sarcastic joke, welcome to the life of Vic and deal with it!
Oh, that sounded rude. Please, accept my apology! Anyway, today is a special day in the life of Vic, as you can say. Yes, you guessed it, today is my motherfuckin’ eighteenth birthday. Whoohoo, happy birthday to me!
How am I celebrating, you may ask? Well! I am actually not that much of a birthday person but there is one special person who made my birthday a bit more bareable! Jaime got him and me a sort of small holiday to Seatlle in a few weeks. I don’t know why he chose Seattle, but I am quite content with it!
For the rest, I am currently celebrating with my mom, dad and my brother while later this evening my friends, Mike and Tony are coming over for a small get together party thingy as you could name it. But Jaime couldn’t wait until tonight to tell me about the trip so today, he stood here in the freezing cold at seven AM to tell me this. He looked like a popsicle so I invited him in and made ourselves a nice hot chocolate. It was quite romantic, until Mike ruined it. Thank bro’, I’ll keep it in mind the next time you have your girlfriend over!
But yeah, I quickly came up to use the bathroom and thought I should tell you this but I am missing my own birthday so I should go back downstairs. Talk to you later!
♠ ♠ ♠
It actually wasn't my plan to put in Tony this much so I have to re-write a bit but maybe it's better that I do put him in more, what do you guys thinks?
Oh, fun fact: This chapter counts 1234 word (no joke!)

Uh, leave a comment?
Thanks for subscribing!

XOXO