Status: I hope to finish this one ;)

Welcome to Skinner Falls

New Ways

New Ways

Sin’s words get repeated in my head over and over again. Like some kind of tape recorder that got stuck. The way he talked about me, made me feel like I am nothing but a worthless, stupid girl.

“I have been watching you.”

“I know more about you than you think.”

“I thought you were smart”

Gritting my teeth, as the guards lead me down the steps from Sin’s domain. His empire of being power hungry. Where he introduces you to the world of unfairness, and makes you feel like a nobody, besides another piece to his game.

We don’t go back the way we come from, instead we take a left until we hit the end where we go through these two big swinging doors marked “Denaturalize Facility.” The guards take me inside.

Seems to be a type of storage unit. Dull orange clothes are on shelves and hangers, black boots below them, and other common findings are to be present, yet I am not sure, it’s hard to see in this lighting. Next thing I knew I am being pushed up against the wall by one of the guards.

One of his hands grabs the back of my neck, the other my arm. My face is smashed against the wall. It all happens so quick I will not be surprise if they broke my nose. While this is going on I could feel another pair of hands touching my ribs, back, butt, feet, and everywhere else.

“She’s clear.” Said the one who was searching me.

“Put these on.” Says the other. As a pair of orange clothes is thrown at me.

”Where’s the bathroom?” I ask

“No bathroom, sweet cheeks.” As the guard slaps my ass.

“I am not changing in front of you two.”

“Do we need to remind you of the penalty if you don’t?” says the searcher guard as he fingers his gun at his side.
Sighing I undress as quickly as possible, and slip on the oversized hideous clothes. I pick my shoes and lace them up all the way to the top loop. A heavy-duty bracelet is then strapped onto my left wrist. It gives me a number and blinks ever so fairly from a small red dot located in the middle.

Next I am taken into a little side room off from the main storage room. Dirty and grungy feel to it. A light flickers and swings from above. An older man who looks like some gas station worker smiles a toothless smile, with a pair of nail clippers in his hand.

Then I am force to sit down as my fingernails get cut. The nail cutter does a careless job. Every nail of mine he gets into the clipper he yanks with some great force. By the end I have bloody fingertips.

The nail clipper then moves toward my earrings. He reaches out one of his clammy hands and touches the earring. Before I saw it coming, a painful scream leaves my mouth. Brutal pain isn’t even close to ripping off a banding.

Sitting back again with my blood covered earring between a pair of pillars, he looks at it in awe. With his other hand he reached underneath his desk and pulls out a tiny red box with a latch. I watch as the top is flipped open.

Hundreds of earrings, studs, and bellybutton rings are to be found. My earring gets dropped into the collection. Both guards hold down my hands, as the elder man advances to my other ear. Cries of pain of mine are to be heard all throughout the halls.

“Was all that really necessary?” I ask when we leave the facility.

No response. Phff, they probably enjoy seeing kids in pain. If I could I would rub my ears from the soreness. We walk out of the room we just came in and back into the main hallway. This place is like a maze, with all the turns and doors.

Finally a familiar place is to be in sight, even if it’s not the friendliest place. The unlocked cell doors, and absence of shouts, let’s me know that the prisoners are on break. The guards lead me in and push me on the side of the cavern wall. Then they walk out locking the doors behind them.

Everyone is quite and watches me as I get up off the ground and dust my orange jumpsuit off. I want to hide, to get away from this place, but I know I can’t. As I walk toward the various groups of people, the talking starts up again.

One group catches my eye. A boy and a girl are sitting on the ground, drawing into the loose dirt with their fingers. Tic-tac-toe is what they are playing. This moment reminded me so much of Lucy, tears started forming at the corner of my eyes.

Leaning over them I watch as the boy draws a tic-tac-toe board, examines it, tries to fix a few lines, decided against it, erases it, and draws a new one. Over and over again. While the girl sit with her head on her knees drawing stars in the dirt next to her.

“Looks like you both are having fun.” I say sarcastically

“Oh yeah defiantly.” Says the girl

“I’m Rain.”

“Macy, and he’s Max.”

I nod my head in acknowledgment. I stand there alone, summing up the cavern.

“It’s okay you get use to it.” Says Macy as she senses my awkwardness.

“To what exactly?” I ask

“Being a Freak.