Status: I hope to finish this one ;)

Welcome to Skinner Falls

Why Can't We Be Friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Yawn. Today has been a very long day. All 6 guards blow there whistles the same time in unison. Some of the kids cover their ears. While some ignore the whistle noise.

“Alright you all now the drill. Get in a line.” Yells one of the guards basically spitting out every word.

I stand next to Macy and Max. In one of the three lines. We all stand still and silently, as the guards walk up and down the rows. That is when one stops by me and eyes me for a few seconds to long.

“What are you doing in this line?”

“You told me to.”

“NO, I told you to get in a line.”

“Isn’t this a line?”

The man sighs a annoy sigh. Then he grabs my left wrist and looks at the nametag and number. Squeezes tighter and tighter, I try to pull my wrist back, but failed in his incredible strong grip.

“See this number?”

I nod.

“I said did you see this number?” he yells

“Yes.”

“Your on the 3rd floor not 2nd.” With my wrist still in his hand he yanks me toward him. Within a second his backhand slaps me across the face.

When I recover form the slap I spit in his face. Which turn out to be a big mistake. I can hear him huffing from his nostrils. The man grabs me by my neck, my feet dangling on above the ground.

“You don’t ever spit at me! You hear!”

He then tosses me onto the hard, cold ground. I could feel my bruises get reburied over. I let out a wince when trying to get up off the ground. No one tries to help, in fat no one even moved since we got into the lines.
Everyone’s eyes are glued forward to the person in front of them. I look at Macy and Max my only two friend I made here so far. Not even a pitiful expression, just neutral like the rest of the prisoners.

“Do you understand what line your in now?” The guard looks down at me, both of his hands on his hips

“Yes.” I say with a mouth full of dirt and dust.

“What are you doing lying on the ground then? Get in line!”

I quickly get up and move over a line. With the lack of gaps, I chose my spot as the last person, at the end. With a guard behind me and one in front of every line. The guard in front of the lines blows their whistle, and the lines start moving.

My line goes first and we are lead up to the 3rd floor by stairs. I make a bold move my glancing at my bracelet to see what cell I’ll be hold in. Once everyone has reach their own cell they stand in the doorway hands at their sides. I hurry to my own cell, which wasn’t too hard to find, after all the others were taken.

From my position I could see the last two lines do the same. Couldn’t resist knowing which cell Macy, and or Max occupy. Their heads bob up and down with the following companions.

One by one the two guards on each row walks by close and us our cell doors and lock them very tight. Also when they meet in the middle they switch places and double checks the doors to make sure all of them are fasten.

I turn around to get a better view of my cell. Bare, even more bare then room 13 A. I walk over to my bed. Dry blood stains the sheet less mattress. A few springs spring out in a few places.

Sitting on my nasty bed I notice writing on the wall. Most of it is nonsense. Covered with things of the like of being trapped.

“Hell on Earth”

“Death will be the end of me”

“Crazy one.”

“Nighty Night ladies!” Yells the one I spat at.

Already dirty light fixtures click off one by one. I lay back onto the smelly mattress. Could be worse I suppose. Thoughts of the agency and there words come back to my mind. Clutching my hard pillow tight to left off some steam.

The agency prepared me for a lot of things. But the thing they didn’t prepare me for was when you lose your loyalty to the ones you thought you could trust. The ones who I not only worked with, but what I have been calling family for the last 5 years of my life. Traitors.