Status: I hope to finish this one ;)

Welcome to Skinner Falls

Refusing to Listen

Refusing to Listen

“Hi, I’m Rain.” I reintroduce myself.

“Sketch.” He answers with his own name.

“So what’s the plan here I whisper through the hole.”

“okay okay, I get into a fight with one of the ‘Reapers.’”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

“Absolutely not, but I am willing to make the risk.”

Sketch seems like a very nice guy, for helping a stranger. Not to mention someone else that’s not from his own group. The thought of knowing where Cece is makes my stomach have butterflies.

“Alright, so I get into the fight that’s so bad the guards will have to break it up, then in the confusing I take one of their key cards, and leave the hallway before the hour is up and go find her.” He stops when one of the guards passes.

This guard stops for a few seconds longer examine my cell. Could he of hear us? Most likely, so we better wrap of this conversation before he or the other guards get suspicious. When he leaves I casually go back over to the hole and in a hush voice says.

“Good plan, tonight then?”

“Yeah, sure whatever works.” He answers back.

“Thanks.”

“Keep it down over there!” Yells a guard from a different floor.

The day drags on. And with the lack of windows, it’s very hard to tell what time of the day it is. I entertain myself by taking a stone in my cell and carving it into the rock wall. I know it won’t do much good at all, but it keeps me busy by putting an unrealistic goal in my head.

Our doors are unlocked, and we go out in rows down the stairs. This marks the daytime hour break for us. I walk over to ‘The Freaks’ usual spot, but it looks like someone else beat me there before I could deliver the good news.

Andrew is sweet-talking to Macy, while she tries her hardest to put on a force smile. I come over and ask If Macy may be excuses for her Paranoid boy friend. He seems upset about it at first. Yet it’s reassuring in an off way when he says.
“I guess so, but don’t keep my baby away for too long.”

Max who has been listening in on the whole conversation sighs dramatically. When Macy and I are a few good 20 ft away I tell her the good news. When I explain in detail a little longer her real smile grows bigger and brighter.

“So your saying I don’t have to be with that Andrew anymore?”

“Exactly, the deal is off.”

“Thank god, he I am so tempted to punch him in the face every time he calls me his baby.”

I laugh a little at that, and then she laughs too. Now all I have to do is tell Andrew about the change of plans. Before I go back over though, I still need to ask permission from Macy.

“So you and Max don’t mind if I get a ‘Shady’ to help me?”

“No, It’s all good, we get along quite well with those type of people, even if the seems a bit strange and edgy at times.”

There is that word again, edgy. All because of that one word, it fills my mind with some doubt about the plan. Macy sees this and is about to ask what the matter is; when I see her green eyes grow wide. I turn around.

“Hey, I said don’t keep her too long, its been about 10 min.” Says Andrew.

He puts his arm around Macy’s shoulder right beneath her short hair. Macy pulls it off. Andrew looks at her confused. Then he stares at me with a pissed off expression, waiting for an explanation.

“Andrew, the deal is off, I found someone else to help me.” I say as calmly as possible.

“Whoa, hang on, I still told you some information, there for you have to put up your half of the deal.”

“Telling me that Cecilia is somewhere down here with us, is not very good information.” I say back with some defense in my tone.

“Whatever, come on Macy, let’s get out of here.” He grabs her by the arm.

“Stop it! Let go of me!” she pleads a little bit disgusted.

Andrew ignores her, and continues dragging her across the Cavern. That’s it, he can mess with me all he wants, but when he messes with someone in my group, enough is enough. Without thinking I get all up in his face and say with more confidence than I feel.

“Let her go.”

“Get the fuck out of my face.”

“I said let her go.”

“What are you going to do about it Freak?”

I did the only thing I could think of to do. Putting my leg back for more acceleration, I kick my leg forward as fast as I can and hit him right where his balls should be, if he had any.

He lets go of Macy and bends over wincing in pain. We let him be, while people of the Cavern start laughing at him. Good he deserves to feel embarrassed. Max joins us and sees Andrew in pain, joins the others I laughing.

What I didn’t know was that someone high inside a box office was watching the scene I made. Seizing me up for good measure, and finding out my strengths and differences. If I knew what Sin was planning, I would go back in time and change that day where I did what I did for a friend.