Status: I hope to finish this one ;)

Welcome to Skinner Falls

Arrival

Arrival

Tall stonewalls with lots of barbwire and iron gate is when the car first comes to a stop. Right away I spot at least two cameras pointed directly at us. There is a little voice box beside me. West pushes a button as the car window gradually slides down. She stretches over me to speak into the box.

“Hi I am Mrs. Jensen who called about my daughter getting dropped off.”

It takes a while before we hear another voice on the opposite end of the black box. Crackling of static is heard before a came oddly friendly voice breaks the unnecessary sound.

“Oh yes! How silly of me to forget. Please drive forward.”

There is a mild-tone buzz as the iron gate doors slowly open automatically. West drives forward. I catch a glimpse in my side mirror to see the heavy doors close behind us. Straight ahead is the asylum.

Huge. Stone just like the gate. With a black pointed roof and many, many windows. Looks not too old but not modern either. An off-white luscious stone fountain is the only thing that decorates the front yard. West drives in a circle around the dry fountain and kills the engine at the front door.

“Are you ready?” she asks

“Defiantly.”

When reaching the door I am not the least bit surprise to discover there is also another camera and voice box. Before West can speak this time the door is already opening. Behind the door appear a middle age woman with long blond hair and a cute smile.

“Hello I am Amy the one over the phone. Welcome to Skinner Falls! Mrs. Jensen right? ”

“Yup” says west.

“And who is this young girl?” Amy says this like I am some little seven-year-old girl.

“Oh this is Rain, my daughter” she says daughter in disgust. Let the acting begin.

I cross my arms in front of me to appear completely annoyed with this whole situation. Amy takes notice of my behavior and a small frown forms along her lips, almost cracking her smile.

“Well its getting dark out, please come inside.”

The lobby is very clean. A front desk occupies a wall; a few comfortable chairs sit in a corner. Along another wall is a flat screen TV. No one is in here besides us. This room appears quite tantalizing.

Amy hurries to her desk. West offers her the already filled out papers. Amy runs through them fast only reading the fine print at important parts.

“Says here Pick up day is within about two weeks, is this correct?” asks Amy.

“Yes,” says west.

“Alright if you will follow me I will show you around quickly so Rain can get a feel of things around here.”

“Just take her. Please I can’t deal with her anymore.” I spat at the remark from my fake mother.

“Oh… well then um I guess we will see you Mrs. Jensen in about 2 weeks from now then.”

“Maybe, I might just leave her here.”

“Love you too mom” I say sarcastically.

“See! This is what I meant, this girl is out of control.”

“Don’t worry Mrs. Jensen we will do our best to turn around her behavior!”

“God I hope so, I can’t handle this anymore.” West then starts walking out.

“See you soon Mrs. Jensen!”

Amy sits at her desk and starts typing away. Her skinny fingers going over the keyboard lighting fast. She looks very concentrated. I stand there awkwardly for some time until I clear my throat.

“Yes?” says Amy without even looking up.

“What am I suppose to do now?”

“I could show you around perhaps.”

“Nah I rather leave.”

With that said, I start walking toward the exit, hoping this will arouse the radiant blond girl.

“You know you can’t leave.”

I stop in my tracks on the tile floor. Pausing my actions for effect, with a deep stern voice I murmur.

“Watch me.”

Next thing I knew there are red lights flashing all around and a loud siren noise for an extra touch. Heavy gray metal shades come down from the top of the windows, blocking them. I knew the front door will be lock also but I try it anyways. Not even a budge.

My arms are yank, as two workers dress in white take me from the entrance and pull my hands behind my back. They are not cuff just restrain. I see Amy at her desk still typing away. The workers bring me to the desk and the alarms stop. I glance at their tags hanging around their necks. “Kim and Walter.”

“Rain, you will be held in room 13 with a roommate in the girl dorms. You will be given daily exercise and training to help you overcome this difficult time in your life. In the mean time I ask of you to try to work with us, cause honey we both know you don’t want to be here.”

“Bite me.”

“I will have you escorted for your safety and others around here. You may go now.”

One of the workers, a girl, Kim, nods her head and I am being flanked toward a hallway on the right. We walk quite a distance. I see labels on all sorts of close doors on the way to my room, ‘Kitchen, Laundry, Group therapy 101, Medication facility, Recovery room, Lounge area.’

Twist and turns are unexpected. We go up to the second floor, marble steps echoing underneath our feet. With white doors on both sides of the hallway; it reminds me of a hotel. A bronze sign nailed to the wall reads. “Girl Dorms A.”

The floors are an ugly blue and white checkered and besides the occasional painting on the wall this hallway is very bare and white. Continuing with out a second thought.

Not to long after, we halt at 13 in the middle of the hall. One of the workers knock. There is silence. Kim checks the clipboard hanging outside of the door. Puzzle look on her face.

“Cecilia Snap. Says she is having free time during this hour.”

Kim looks at the guy worker, Walter, than concern sweep on both their faces. They knock on her door again louder this time. Still no answer. Keys from a key chain are entering into the door. As Kim rushes in while I am still maintain by Walter.

“Is she alright?” ask Walter

“Pass out, most likely from starvation.”

Kim than takes her walking talkie attached to her hip. Rounds it close to her mouth turns half away speaking into the device as if this happens all the time, which it probably do.

“Yup, Cecilia Snap. Room 13, Girls Dorm A.”

No less than a minute later a gurney comes and hulls my roommate out of room 13, clearly knocked out. I see her for the first time. She has red hair, freckles, pale skin, very tall, and barely a waist. Some workers with mask take her down the hall where an elevator is located on the opposite end of the stairs.