Status: I hope to finish this one ;)

Welcome to Skinner Falls

Defiantly No Welcome Party

Defiantly No Welcome Party

It has been 4 hours since the accident with Cecilia. During that time I manage to take a nap on my bed located on my half of the room. The room is quite small, but still cozy enough for two people.

Getting up off the bed I lurk around the room a little bit more to get a clearer picture. Besides the beds there is a closet, a nightstand and a small bathroom. I walk into the bathroom.

Only a sink, mirror and toilet are to be found, no bathtub. Flipping on the switch I see my reflection. Dark hair with blue highlights, t-shirt and jeans. My bag and beanie was taken away from me earlier. A knock on the door startles me.

Opening the door I see a young man around the age of 25. He is tall, tan, and holding a clipboard out in front of him. Like a nice lady I let him in. Better not piss them off too much today.

“Hi, I’m your activities counselor and will be helping you plan your schedule for this short stay.”

He comes in glancing at Cecilia’s bed than sits on it. I do the same but to my bed. I wait as he writes down my name. His hand is at a slow pace.

“Okay, so according to your background you are going to need group therapy twice a week, individual counseling every other day. Let’s leave it at that for a week and see what happens.”
He says as he shrugs his shoulders. Getting up to leave he stops in the doorway.

“Oh and right now is social time, you should join the others in the commons area.”

It doesn't take me long to decided my mental response. This can be a great chance for me to see what the patients are like here. Washing my hands, cause I felt the need to, I grab the door and leave.

Having no idea where to go I get lost within the first turn. Luckily I spot someone in a random hall. A young looking boy with very black hair, slumbering around by the looks of it.

“Hey you! Excuse me, can you help me?” I shout as I walk toward the stranger.

The boy looks behind his shoulder, sees me, and just keeps on walking. His hands in his pockets. Geeze all I want is a little help around here. Coming up closer I walk beside him.

“You know that was pretty rude of you.”

“Hello! Is anyone there?”

“Fine I’ll leave you to your…”

“What do you want?” finally the guy spoke. He takes out his unnoticeable ear buds and shoves them in his pocket. Makes since now I guess.

“Where is the commons area?”

“Okay well first you want to take a right, than keep walking into the light, Lastly get out of my face.”

“Ha ha ha real funny, seriously I need to find this place.”

“Must be a newbie.” He murmured

“What did you call me?”

“Well look at yourself, you may be fooling everyone else, but you aren’t fooling me. Underneath all those dolled up stage clothes, you’re just like me and everyone else here. You’re not special. Were not special.”

“If were not ‘special’, why do we all need to be here?”

“Cause we don’t have a choice anymore.”

This kid really has some deep teen angst logic in him. Might be a good idea to stick around this guy for a few days. Before I could prompt my next question, he beats me to it.

“So why are you in here for?”

“Relationship issues. You?” I say.

Unresponsive. At first I wonder if he even heard me. With no time to come up with assumptions he slowed his walking pace to a door less doorway. Inside are lots of teenagers, probably around 200. I watch as a girl beats her opponent at checkers, few were watching TV, but the majority are reading, socializing and whatnot.

“Commons area is threw this door,”

“Are you coming? I ask as I start walking.

“Nah my time is up.”

“Okay, thanks um…

I turn around to find the boy gone. Taking a mellow dramatic breath. I walk in casually trying not to make an entrance. The second my footsteps hit the room everyone turns toward me. Staring with what? Hate, dread, pity that I am stuck here just like them? Questions need to be answered.