Status: I hope to finish this one ;)

Welcome to Skinner Falls

His Name Is Tyson

His name is Tyson

It has been a little over a week since I came to Skinner Falls. Right now I have free time and decided Cecilia and me should go to the commons area to hang out with Lucy. As usual Lucy is playing checkers.

“Hi Cecilia.”

“Lucy.”

“I am guessing you two know each other very well?”

“We use to room together.”

“Yeah.”

“Oh, alright. So why don’t we play some checkers?” I suggest.

They both nod. I offer my seat for Cecilia. It seems like these two old friends need some time to catch up with each other. Me on the other hand didn’t mind spending time alone. I say a quick farewell and head out to take a walk in the square.

Square is the only outside part we are allowed. It sits right in the middle of the Asylum. Surrounded by all four walls of building. With a lovely view of the sky, some stone benches and a few flowers. Nothing else really.

I open one of the doors to the square. Couldn’t believe he is there. The guy that showed me where the commons were on my first day here. Which now seems like months ago. With quick decision-making I decided to sit by him.

“Hey.” I start.

“Hey.”

“Nice day isn’t it?”

“I suppose.”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah why?”

“No reason, you just seem down.”

He shrugs his shoulders and stares at the tiny pond in front of us, covered in moss. From years of improper care. This is the only part of the asylum that isn’t clean or white for that matter.

“So I never catch you name last time.”

"I’m Tyson.”

“Ah, how long have you been here?”

“Too long.”

“What do you mean?”

“Meaning I been here so long in this insane Asylum I am starting to get my sanity back.”

“You say it like it’s a bad thing.”

“It is, cause now I realize why I am here. It wasn’t cause I am insane.”

‘What is it then?”

“I don’t really want to talk about it.”

“Okay that’s fine, I understand.”

“Do you? Do you really?”

“Um… yeah we all have our secrets and problems.”

Moment of silence. I look toward Tyson; his dark hair is fallen over his eyes. He is staring down at the ground in shame? Now I understand why he is here by himself. Why I never see him in the commons. Tyson likes to be left alone. I should respect that. Getting up I head for the door.

“Sorry I should be going.”

“No wait, I mean please, you can stay.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

I come back over to sit on the cold bench. The cloudy sky hasn’t shone any light for days. Yet the only ones that notice are the ones who actually care. While sitting here I decided to look the room over. No cameras.

“Suicidal.”

“What?”

“You asked why I was here.”

What do you say in a situation like this? “Oh I am so sorry?” I just don’t know what to say. Lucy’s secret was an accident, Cecilia I just happen to be in the right place and the wrong time. I guess I have been expecting it, but for some reason it caught me off guard. Tyson notices this and speaks for me.

“It’s okay, with the medication and everything, the thoughts went away, just stuck here now.”

“Well if your feeling better, you shouldn’t be here. Right?”

“I shouldn’t, but I have no where else to go.”

“No family?”

“Nope.”

“Relatives?”

“Nope.”

“Friends?”

“Nope, unless you count insane Sam.” He jokes.

Insane Sam is truly insane. He hears voices and talks to them. Kind-of like imaginary friends. Sam will sit there in the same spot in the corner talking to someone who isn't really there. We try to stay away from Insane Sam as much as possible.

“That’s pretty depressing.”

“Life is.”

“This may be pushing it to far, but what were your...”

“Intentions?” he asks. I nod

“Just knowing that I could end it all, just like that, and it wouldn’t effect anyone, besides myself.”

I give a general nod. Of course that is always the intention. Isn’t it? I feel like I poked around too much with his past, I don’t want to trigger him into those dark times he must have been through.

“Want to go eat lunch with me?” I offer.

“Nah I have to be somewhere in a little bit.”

“Okay that’s fine.”

Once again I get up to leave and he joins me. He opens the door as we both pass through. My stomach growls. When was the last time I ate? I couldn’t even recall.

"Talk to you later.” I say.

“Hmm maybe not.” He says as I give him a joking shove.

“Knock it off.” I kid

“Haha alright fine, I’ll see you around.”

We both turn our separate ways, neither of us looking back. When I get to the Cafeteria I see Lucy and Cece having a swell time. I join them and smile as I see Cece’s half eaten sandwich. Everyone has the ability to change. Even if its one small step at a time.