Canon

twenty.

‘So I’m going to sit here and you’re going to sit right there,’ my dad speaks pointing his finger at the sofa, ‘and tell me where you’ve been all day.’

‘It wasn’t that big of a deal.’ I shrug taking my seat on the sofa anyway, ‘I mean I missed gym, history, and math. I’m ahead of where I need to be.’

‘It was a big enough deal for your school to give us a call. So I’m asking again: where were you Lizette?’

‘I was just with Niall.’

‘With Niall?’ he nearly shouts but glances around the room letting his eyes fall on the nearby baby monitor, ‘What that hell do mean?! You skipped school with that boy?!’

‘That boy’s name is Niall.’ I speak defensively folding my arms across my chest.

‘I don’t give a damn what is name is! The fact that you are skipping school to be with him doesn’t surprise me the least bit. The boy doesn’t have any goals – besides taking your clothes off.’

‘You don’t even know him!’

‘What on Earth is going on here?’ my mom stands in the hallway with her hands on her hips, ‘What’s with all the shouting?’

‘I found out where our daughter was today when the school called looking for her. She was skipping with that boy.’

‘Lizette?’ my mom blinks bewildered.

‘Mom, it wasn’t that serious.’

‘Since when was skipping school not that serious?!’ Dad intercepts standing to his feet, ‘Better yet since when do you intentionally lie to us or go behind our back with random boys?’

‘He’s not a random boy!’

‘You’re grounded. With the exception of school you will not leave this house. Give me your laptop.’

‘I need it for school!’

‘You can use the office computer with supervision. Now go get your laptop and your phone.’

Before I could blink my dad grabbed my phone and laptop from my hands holding them close.

‘Lastly, you are not see that boy anymore. I do not want you talking to him.’

‘You can’t do that.’

‘I am your father. You don’t get to tell me what I can or cannot do. Go to bed, now.’

‘Are you going to say anything?’ I stare looking at my mom in disbelief.

‘Just go Liz.’ She sighs heavily running a hand through her messy hair.

I storm off to my room and do the typical teenager door slam flopping down onto my bed. In this moment I would call Rose about my night but since my phone was in the grasp of my dad that was a no go. I spent my weekend in my room playing catch up on all of my homework. I was grateful that it was Monday morning so I could get air outside of the house. I scramble around in my room getting my things together before rushing through the living room.

‘Breakfast?’ Dad wonders sitting at the table.

‘I’m fine.’

‘Suit yourself. Be sure to come straight home after school. I wanted to take the car too but your mother thought that’d be too extreme.’

‘Whatever you say.’ I groan finally walking out of the door.

I make it to school a full twenty minutes before homeroom would even start so I sit in the car. I look around for Niall’s car but I couldn’t spot it with all of the cars lined up. I hadn’t seen Niall since Friday night where I thought of the brilliant idea to have Zayn invite people over to his place. Niall told them all to get out before he kicked their ass and slash or called the police. Once all the people were gone Niall realized that his most prize possession, his camera was gone. I felt so guilty and stupid for even hosting a surprise party for him. It was my fault that his camera was gone. I couldn’t shake his face the other night from my mind. He didn’t sound so much pissed as he did as disappointed. He sounded like he gave me all of his trust and I spat in his face. He was never going to forgive me. I pry my shaking hands from the steering wheel forcing myself to get out of the car before I was late to homeroom.

‘Hey.’ Zayn nods at me in the hall, ‘Are you pissed at Rose for what happened? She said that you’re not returning her calls or texts.’

‘No, my dad took my phone after finding out that ditched half of my classes on Friday with Niall.’

‘Ouch. Harsh. Rose won’t be here today because of some orthodontist appointment but I’ll let her know that you two are cool.’

‘Thanks.’ I say turning to walk towards homeroom, ‘Oh Zayn!’

‘Yeah?’

‘You didn’t see anyone in Niall’s room Friday night, did you?’

‘Nah, I specifically kept everyone in the front. Why?’

‘Something came up missing.’

‘Ah, shit. I know he has to be pissed off. I’ll shake some people down and see if I can figure out anything.’

‘Thanks.’

‘See ya.’

Homeroom was a drag without Rose’s voice echoing off the walls. The bell rings and I slowly get up from seat to go to Trigonometry. I hadn’t seen Niall yet in the halls but I don’t know why he would skip again. Especially since we had a test in Trig this morning. I walk into the room to see Niall in his regular seat already starting on his test.

‘All right, Lizette.’ Dr. Werner slides a test towards me before my butt could hit the seat. ‘You can leave once you’re finished.’

As I was halfway into my test Niall rises from his seat turning his test in to Dr. Werner before silently walking out of the room. I finish up with about half an hour left till Art. I walk out to the courtyard to see Louis sitting down against the brick wall. A cigarette was pressed between his teeth as he held his lacrosse stick in his hands.

‘Poster boy for the lacrosse team.’ I taunt sitting down across from him on the floor.

‘I was waiting for you.’ He speaks with amused eyes.

‘You were waiting for me? Why?’

‘I have something that you might be interested in.’

‘I must say you’ve captured my attention. What may that be?’

I watch as Louis slowly pulls out a familiar camera from his bag holding it proudly. Niall’s camera. He quickly shoves it back down into his bag with a pleased grin.

‘Not so fast.’

‘How did you get it? Zayn said you weren’t invited to the party.’

‘I have my ways. I have people. People that will get me things. Such as this precious gem of a thing right here. I hear Horan’s pretty fucking pissed at you.’

‘Louis what do you want?’

‘Just something small.’

‘Like what?’

‘I am having my very own shindig tonight. Come.’

‘I’m grounded.’

‘Grounded?’ Louis tilts his head back with laughter causing his shoulders to rise and fall rapidly, ‘how old are you?’

‘I don’t think I can.’

‘If you want this back then you will. You’re a smart girl – I’m sure you can figure it out.’

‘What’s stopping me from just telling Niall that you have his camera?’

‘I think we both know Niall. I may know him slightly better than you but nonetheless we know him. You tell him that I have his camera. He comes at me with his weak ass punches. I beat the living shit out of him like he knows I can. Bam – you’re spending your weekend in the hospital beside what’s left of him.’

‘Why do you want me to come so badly?’

‘Like I said, we had some good laughs.’ He tosses aside his cigarette butt and stands up, ‘I’ll see you tonight. I’ll leave the address in your locker for you.’

Louis leaves me there contemplating on what I was going to do. I would get into even more trouble with my dad and Niall if I snuck out to be with Louis. But if that meant getting Niall’s camera back what other choice did I have?
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked the new chapter! leave a comment about what you thought if you want (:

new twitter user again: @badlucknouis