Canon

twenty three.

‘Do you have to go?’ Niall grumbles looking down at me with those stunning blue eyes of his.

‘Yeah.’ I sigh wrapping my hand around his arm, ‘my dad's probably waiting.’

‘How long are you going to go behind their backs with me?’

‘Until he sees what a great guy you are.’

‘Right after Greg gets his shit together?’

‘What?’

‘I just thought we were naming stuff that's never going to happen.’

‘Our families are so screwed up.’ I laugh leaning forward to kiss him.

‘So screwed up.’ He agrees sealing the kiss. ‘I'll see you tomorrow.’

‘All right. Later.’ I sneak one more kiss before heading off to the main parking lot.

‘There she is.’ Dad announces as I slide into the squad car.

‘Hey dad.’

‘How was class?’

‘It was okay.’

‘Good.’ He chimes pulling out behind the bus, ‘got a lot of homework?’

‘We can cut the chitchat dad. I get that you're still pissed off about what I did.’

‘Wouldn't you be? I mean you disobeyed us and sneak out the house in the middle of the night.’

‘I'm really sorry.’

‘I know you are.’

‘So when will my sentencing be over?’

‘Four weeks.’

I simply nod in response not bringing up Niall. I decided to quit while I was ahead. I spend my afternoon avoiding the stack of homework that called out for me. It was after eleven when I was pulling out my calculator to get started. I desperately wanted to pull out my phone and text Niall about the ridiculous amount of questions Dr. Werner assigned. Just four more weeks.

...

‘All right, you've been so great lately. Just because we're giving you all of your things back- don't back pedal.’ Dad speaks as he's hunched over in his special safe.

‘I won't.’

‘No breaking curfew. No lying about where you are. No skipping class. None of that Lizette- your next sentencing, as you say, will be two months.’

‘I understand.’

‘Alright, here.’ He hands over my car keys, phone, and laptop. ‘I'll put the door back on its hinges after dinner.’

‘Thanks dad.’

I scurry to my room and flop down onto the bed plugging my phone into its charger. I wait impatiently as my phone turns on. Instantly several notifications from the last month flow in. I pull up Niall's number in a new text and begin typing.

Did you miss me? - Lizette.

Oh shit. You're back. - Niall.

I've missed your sarcastic texts - Lizette.

So you're out on bail? - Niall.

More like out because of good behavior. - Lizette.

Did they assign you a probation officer? - Niall.

Unfortunately, I live with him. - Lizette.

I didn't think that was legal. - Niall.

Do you feel like having company? - Lizette.

I thought you'd never ask. - Niall.

I'll be over in a bit! - Lizette.

‘Hey, is it okay if I go over Rose's?’ I question immediately feeling guilty.

I didn't feel like having that battle with my dad over Niall tonight. I may have been off the hook but he still had his rod ready to grab me back up.

‘That was quick,’ mom looks up from Elijah, ‘You just got off punishment.’

‘We have tons to catch up on.’

‘Go ahead - be back by eleven.’

‘I will, not a minute later. Bye.’ I hurry out to the front yard and happily slide down into my car.

I smile as the engine purrs to life after several agonizingly long weeks. I drive to Niall's apartment complex and go inside of the building.

‘Took you long enough.’ Niall grins pulling me into his apartment.

‘Hi.’ I smile hiding myself in Niall's tee shirt.

Niall didn't smell like some overbearing, overpriced cologne. He smelled like Purex detergent and cigarette smoke with a hint of spearmint gum. It was a weird combination but I loved it. He uses his large hand to hold me in front of him stroking my cheek with the other.

‘You seem tense, what's the matter?’ I frown looking up at him.

‘My dad called practically fucking begging me to get Greg out the house. I knew he couldn't be there for long before he started screwing shit up. So now he's pressuring me to help Greg get a place of his own.’

‘Are you going to help him?’

‘I don't know what I'm going to do, right now. All I care about right now is you being here, that's all that matters to me.’

‘You're all that matters to me.’ I whisper wrapping my arms around Niall's torso.

‘When's your birthday?’ He wonders looking over at me with curious eyes after awhile on the sofa.

‘November 15th.’

‘A little over a month.’ He points out, his tone neutral.

‘Why do you ask?’

‘Just wondering.’ He replies not looking at me.

‘Halloween's in three weeks and Rose's parents throw this Halloween party every year and she invited the two of us.’

‘Is it one of those stupid ass dress up parties?’

‘Yes.’

‘I'll pass.’ He stiffs out a laugh shaking his head at me.

‘Suit yourself.’ I reply eyeing him, ‘I guess I can wear anything I want without you throwing a fit. Maybe I'll just wear a skin tight leather bodysuit - or nothing at all.’ I taunt messing with him.

‘I swear if you wear one of those nearly fucking naked outfits - I'll carry you out of there.’ He grabs my wrist and pulls me on top of him.

‘Oh yeah?’

‘You’re such a smartass.’ Niall smirks tightening his grip.

Niall smashes his soft lips onto mine without hesitation. I run a hand through his hair deepening the kiss. I pull back to look at his face. He runs his tongue over his bottom lip raising an eyebrow my way. I dive back in slipping my hands under his tee shirt. Niall pulls his shirt from over his head gripping my sides. His skin was warm and smooth, the swirls of ink splattered over his body. Niall cautiously tugs on the hem of my shirt. I pull my shirt over my head throwing it aside on the sofa. My body feels hot and shaky against his. Niall's slim finger hooks around my bra strap pulling it down. His lips leave mine and he begins his assault on the skin of my neck. I let out an involuntary moan causing him to stiff out a laugh causing my neck tingle. He stands from the sofa carrying me in his arms in the process. I secure myself by wrapping my legs around his waist as he walks back to his room. We collapse onto his bed, our lips sloppily finding on another. Niall kicks out of his jeans as I raise my hips to squirm out of my shorts.

‘You're beautiful.’ Niall murmurs kissing my shoulder.

Just then there's a short knock on the door. Niall doesn't break his set of kisses through his annoyed groan.

‘Shouldn't you get that?'

‘That is the last thing on my mind right now. Just ignore it.’

Seconds later, the knock is there again. This time louder and longer.

‘Just go see who it is,’ I advise giving him a slight push, ‘I'll be here when you come back.’

‘Damn it.’ He curses dragging himself out of the bed grabbing a pair of sweat pants on the way. ‘Don't you dare move.’

‘I won't. Hurry up!’ I call after him as he slowly walks to the door.

‘Nice place you have here. Pretty nice to be crashing at a friend's place.’ Greg's voice echoes down the hall. ‘This the bed room?’

I quickly wrap the blanket around my body hoping Greg wouldn't notice. Niall rushes behind him to close the door but Greg already spotted me. His clear blue eyes were wide and he had a grin laced with amusement.

‘You even have a half naked girl in there.’ Greg snickers behind the wooden door. ‘This place has it all.’

I scramble to put my shorts on and grab one of Niall's shirts from one of the dressers since my shirt was in the living room. When I come into the living room Niall was leaning against the wall with narrowed eyes while Greg made himself comfortable on the sofa.

‘I was just telling Niall here that I see why he's so protective over you now. You two are quite close- aren't you?’ Greg winks an eye at me causing Niall to clench his jaw. ‘I think this belongs to you.’ He holds up my shirt in his hands, his smile growing wider.

‘Fucking asshole.’ Niall snatches the shirt from Greg holding it in his hands. ‘What do you want anyway?’

‘I need to get away from dad. Old man's driving me fucking insane- pardon my language Lizette.’

‘What does that have to do with me?’ Niall stares at his older brother.

‘Just let me crash on your sofa here for awhile.’

‘Give me one good reason why the hell I'd let you stay with me?’

‘Because if you let me stay here, I'll help you find mum. I know where she's last been spotted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that I've been slacking on updates lately- I'm back in school now and my classes are weighing heavily on me, but that's not an excuse. Bare with me as I try to get back on track.

Although I haven't updated in ages, the schedule hasn't changed. Canon and If I Was Your Boyfriend will continue to be updated on Mondays and Fridays while Still the One and Kiss Me, Kiss Me will be updated on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Be sure to follow me on Twitter if you have one! @wreckednjhoran