For the Last Night I Lie, Could I Lie With You?

Bruises and bubbles

You lower yourself into the bath, emerging yourself into the soothing hot water and examine the row of tattooed bruises adorning your body. You cringe at the sight of them-the scratches look etched into your pale skin, all constant reminders of your wrong-doings, or rather-his. You can’t help but feel a twinge of fear at the thought of him, this monster that you have narrowly escaped so many times before. You wonder if it was him chasing you, but you suppose it could have been anyone, Gerard said it was a pretty rough neighbourhood afterall.

Lowering yourself deeper into the bath, the bubbles hide your bruises and you sigh deeply, as the fragments of the day's events slowly seep back into your subconscious.

You spent a few hours at Gerard’s house, mostly being fussed over by his brother; you can’t get over how nice he was being to you. Gerard said he was surprised as his brother, Mikey you think, is usually so subdued and laid back. It must run in their family- kindness. You smile, Gerard was so much fun, so warm and friendly, constantly joking and messing about. Will you ever see him again? You hope so, so so much. There was just something about him, or more importantly something about yourself when you were lying on the couch at their house. You weren’t the uptight paranoid person that you usually are; you caught yourself giggling unbashedly at his jokes, mirroring his perfect smile and feeling all of your tension melt away when he was sitting just that little bit too close.

Your thoughts are interrupted by a shrill beeping; you reach out of the bath and feel your way across the floor before grabbing your phone with a soapy hand. You can’t contain your excitement as you read the words on the tiny white screen over and over just to make sure that your eyes are correct.

‘Had fun today, how about meeting up tomorrow? Meet you at the BluePit at 8 if you're up for it. Gee x’

It wasn’t so much of a question but a demand, not that you minded; you weren’t going to turn down the offer of company, especially from him. He must like you aswell as a friend of course… I mean he wouldn’t ask to meet up again if he didn’t, would he? Kicking your legs in the air and watching flickers of soapy water splash across the bathroom you can’t control your excitement. Banishing all of the negative thoughts and concentrating on the most important fact of all- you are meeting Gerard tomorrow!!