For the Last Night I Lie, Could I Lie With You?

Blondes and best friends

Noting your pained expression Riley tries to hold you up and starts to make a fuss, in broken breath you manage to wheeze out the words “That’s him.” And make some sort of gesture to the fast approaching Gerard.
You try to compose yourself and the instinct to run in the opposite direction overwhelms you but it’s too late, you note Gerard’s face drop as he realises what his hazel eyes are focusing on. The shock soon gives way to a sickly smile and embarrassedly he makes his way over to you.

SHIT. This is all that you need.

Your gaze fixes on Gerard’s arm which his hung delicately around the shoulder’s of his smug looking friend, the queasiness floods through you again and you nod at them both in order not being able to form any sort of words.
Thankfully Riley isn’t one to let uncomfortable silences stop her and she immediately extends a hand to Gerard and introduces herself. Brightening, Gerard returns this exchange and after a nudge from his friend he realises his mistake.

“Oh yeah, sorry, this is Alex!” He says indicating to the slender blonde hanging on his arm, who nods at you both on cue in a sickly sweet fashion. “Urm, well we best be off, gotta get back to college later haven’t we Alex?” he says hurriedly, not looking you in the eye. They skulk off past you and as they walk you’re sure you can hear their distant conversation.

“Who was that???” Alex says in an obnoxious voice.
“Oh no-one, just a friend.” You hear Gerard’s lips form the words and in disbelief you begin to walk out of the café with Riley running after you.
You exchange your goodbyes with Riley after her fruitless attempts to convince you that Alex meant nothing to Gerard and that it was obvious that his retort was nothing more than denial and head home dejected.

Although one thing that she said has been plaguing you for the entire journey, she asked why you cared anyway, since you said you didn’t even like him like that. Hmm. She also said you’d realise how much you liked him, shit she was right and it had hit you so hard.

He had been avoiding you, he obviously didn’t want to see you- it was obvious in his eyes. Oh those eyes, those beautiful eyes, why had you been denying it, it is so painstakingly obvious- you were in love with him. Shit, how could you get in this position? You’re usually so guarded- so prepared. But not with him, his mischievous smile, his take on life, irresistible.

*A/N: No comments = no updates. Should i bother continuing with the next chapter?