Status: I was inspired

My Last Semester

Finally

After her performance the two college students had a few more drinks. They were having a good time enjoying each others company and just goofing off. The conversation was light and friendly. Gabby seemed to have let her guard down and Giff took every chance he could to get closer to her. Eventually the two decided to go somewhere quieter since a lot of people kept coming up to Gabby, praising her performance. Even a few die hard college basketball fans recognized Giff and began to ask him about his future plans and praising him for his role in winning the school the national championship. They went back to campus and parked near the lake that was on campus grounds. They were laying side by side on the grass and looked up at the full moon.

“So I have to ask, how does a guy like you get recruited to play basketball in America?” Gabby asked.

Giff was surprised that she asked him about basketball of all things. “A guy like me?” he asked.

Gabrielle turned to lay on her side to face him as she propped her head with her arm. Giff mimicked her actions. “Yeah, like dude you’re totally foreign. We heard about you in America, you must be some big deal back in Germany.”

“Well…I played on the men’s international team for Germany and uhh now I play for here.” she chuckled before lying on her back again.

“Come on you don’t have to be so modest Giff.”

“But I’m not.”

“Oh but I think you are my friend.” She said in a playful tone.

Giff chuckled. “And I think you’re crazy.”

She just stared at him. Now it was his turn to get lost in her gaze. Then out of nowhere she pushed the arm that was supporting his head and he fell onto his back. She moved towards him and whispered seductively in his ear, at least he thought it was seductive. “That’s what they tell me” she purred.

Giff’s breathing got a little heavy. He had never been this close to her and his heart was working overtime. He liked this playful side of her. He surprised her by bolting up and pushing her beneath him, he leaned over her with his hands on both sides of her face. She gasped in surprise. She had not been expecting this but she didn’t mind. She felt safe, his warm body nearly touching hers. He admired her for a second. Her wild hair was sprawled around her head. They stared each other down; she felt his strength and dominance in the stare.
He leaned in close to the girl and whispered. “Well then I think we have that in common.”

Then just as fast as he was on top of her, he was off and standing up with his arm held out to her. She was a bit dazed but she took it and he helped her up.

“What time is it?” she asked him.

Giff took out his phone. He had over 10 missed called and 15 text messages but he ignored it. “It’s almost four.” He said. Gabby sighed, she knew she should be getting to bed but dreaded going back to her own room.

“I have to be getting back.” She said quietly. She didn’t want to leave him but she had to. She had to be up in a few hours and besides, he would forget about this whole night after he dropped her off. They walked back silently to the car. Gabby walked back with a heavy heart. I bet this night meant more to me than to him…but why would that matter. Why do you care? Unless…you like him? No that’s not possible, he’s a good for nothing athlete. No you know that’s not true, he’s different. But you only just met him, how could like him already? Well weirder things have happened and it is college. Ugh you’re a fool Gabrielle, for liking what you can’t have.” She argued with herself as they made their way to the car. She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn’t hear Giff calling her name.

“Gabby…Gabrielle?” Her head snapped up at the sound of her name coming from his full lips.

“What?” she asked him.

“I asked you if you wanted to sleep in my apartment tonight. I’m not saying that as a way to get with you…I can sleep on the couch… but umm yeah I just figured you didn’t want to go back to Andre being in your room and well you don’t have to say yes that’s fine but uh-“

“Giff!” he looked at her and stopped rambling. “Yes I’d like to stay over, thank you.” She smiled at him, which he returned. Man he wanted to do a little victory dance. He opened the car door for her again and walked back to the driver’s side with the world’s largest smile on his face. He felt like his face was going to crack but he didn’t care, he got to spend more time with her and that was all that mattered.

The drive back to Giff’s apartment was peaceful. Gabby had plugged in her phone and was showing Giff different bands she listened to. He had to admit, he liked A Day to Remember and Brand New, which made Gabby really happy. He found a parking spot and once again opened the car door for Gabby. He then grabbed her hand and led her to his apartment. It was past four by now and he knew that Tyler would be passed out in his room by now dead asleep. An earthquake could hit campus and he wouldn’t even stir. Giff led Gabby to his apartment. He had to admit he was pretty nervous about having her here in his space.

They stepped into the dark apartment and Giff left Gabby’s side to put the light on. “Are you hungry?” he asked her. She shyly nodded her head and he led them to the small kitchen.

“Do you have anything for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?” she asked.

He burst out in laughter. “How old are we now? 10?” she stuck out her tongue at him. “Oh my mistake, you are actually 7, I forgot.”

He ignored her glare as he got the ingredients out. He didn’t want to admit it to her but he loved peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and at them everyday. As he made their sandwiches Gabby took a look around the apartment. It was small, but comfortable. The living area and kitchen were open and connected. The living room was neat…for a guy’s apartment. She noticed that the walls were bare. He was lucky though because he had his own room. Upperclassman athletes always got first pick of the apartments.

They ate their sandwiches and talked. They talked about their families, their majors, their experiences at UConn. He held onto to every word she said, her face was so animated and loving when she spoke about those closest to her; but he noticed that she never mentioned her parents. For some reason he felt comfortable asking her about them.

“Well, after the divorce Dad found a family he preferred to be with, and even though I live with him that family doesn’t include me. And Mom…well she resented me for a while I think because I reminded her of Dad a lot and to her that’s a bad thing. My sisters seemed to agree with her. I mean I don’t blame them I guess. I might have done the same thing too if I was them.”

“No you wouldn’t.” he argued. She looked up at him and gave a weak smile.

“You’re right I wouldn’t.” she laughed. But there was no humor in it. “I should have been sleeping like an hour ago but you distracted me!” she scolded playfully. He knew that this was her way of saying she didn’t want to talk about it anymore. He sighed and led her back to his room.

“Do you want to change your clothes? I have sweats you can wear. Unless you want to wear your dress because I mean you look pretty great in that too.” Gabby blushed at the compliment. Giff barely even seemed to notice what he had just said. Complimenting her was something her found to be natural. She just nodded and sat on his bed, looking around the room. He had a few UConn basketball posters hanging up. She saw him smiling with his teammates in his uniform. On his nightstand there was a picture of him with two older people, a man and a woman. She assumed they were his parents for she saw Giff’s strong jaw in the man, and his soft blue eyes on the woman. They looked happy and she couldn’t help but smile herself. She then stared at him as he was looking for clothes for her. She didn’t know how he managed to put her under his spell in just a night, but it sure worked. He was different from any guy she had ever met and wanted to enjoy her last hours with him.

“These are the smallest clothes I could find.” He said as he made his way towards her. He placed the clothes gently next to her on his bed. “You can sleep here, I’ll be on the couch. Is there anything else you need?” he asked. She shook her head. “Ok well good night.” he said, while looking at his shoes.

He turned to walk away but she grabbed his arm to stop him. He turned to look at her, unsure of why she did that. She just stared at him intently; the intensity of her stare caused his heart to beat nervously. She then pulled him closer to her, so that his shins were brushing her knees. He swallowed nervously. She looked so beautiful, her eyes staring into his soul, her full lips formed into a breathtaking smile, her copper skin glowing in the light. Still holding onto his hand she slowly stood up from his bed and stood in front of him. Their chests were pressed against each other and he could just feel the touch of her small breasts. Her breathing was all he could hear. She was here and she was all that existed to him at that moment. He couldn’t control himself anymore, he needed to feel her. His arms wrapped around her waist as he bent down and pressed his lips onto hers. She responded immediately and wrapped her arms around his strong neck and leaned up on her toes, deepening the kiss. She bit his lip gently, and Giff thought his legs were going to give out. His fingers dug into her hips, his tongue slowly guided itself across her plump bottom lip. Gabby opened her mouth slightly and pulled his head closer to hers, causing his tongue to force itself into her mouth. Gabby focused on her senses…the way his fingers gently dug itself into her skin, the way his blonde hair felt between her fingers, the way his mouth softly explored hers. It was all to overwhelming to her. After a few minutes they finally went up for air. Giff rested his forehead on the pretty girl who he had wrapped up his arms.

“I don’t know how much longer I could have gone on without doing that.” Gabby whispered with her eyes closed. Giff kissed her forehead and made his way down the side of her face, his lips enjoying the feel of her smooth skin. She shivered when his lips grazed her neck. He stopped there, which caused Gabrielle to sigh. He took her in his arms and gently laid her down on the bed. His lips continued to explore her neck, as her hands explored his skin. They caressed his tight arm muscles and moved onto his strong neck. Her hands involuntarily pulled his hair when his lips found a particularly sensitive spot on her neck. She forced him to stop paying attention to his neck and look at her. He placed a soft kiss on her lips and moved to get off her, taking a seat on the edge of the bed next to her.

“That’s one hell of a way to say good night to a guy. Maybe I should tuck you in every night.” She laughed, shaking her head and pulling him in for another kiss.

“You know I think this bed is big enough for the skater girl and the German giant to sleep in for the night. Don’t you think?” her eyes sparkled mischievously and he couldn’t find his voice for a moment.

“Alright but I don’t know how you’re gonna persuade me to leave this bed in the morning…especially when you’re in it.” He climbed onto the bed and laid on his side with her back on his chest. He wrapped an arm tightly around her waist and kissed her shoulder, his lips trailing towards her beautiful tattoo. He sighed with contentment. This had undoubtedly been the best night on campus he had ever had. And he was so mad that she had walked into his life just now, as he was about to leave. He tried to shake those thoughts out of his head, for tonight she was with him and that was all that mattered.