Status: active

Damaged Goods

Sing Along A Little ***ing Louder

***Mike's P.O.V.***

Tony and I spent the whole morning rearranging furniture to his liking. Every single room was changed and I could visibly see him relax more. We were out on the patio and I was having a smoke.

“You should really cut back on those.” Tony said, eyeing me as I exhaled smoke into the air.

“What?” I asked.

“Cigarettes aren’t good for you.” He explained.

“You smoke too.” I smirked

“I know, but you smoke more.” He smirked back at me. “I’m not asking you to quit cold turkey but just try to smoke a little less.”

“I like smoking, so I don’t think that’s gonna happen.” I said, chuckling.

“Fine. Looks like you’re gonna be celibate for a while.” He chuckled back.

My face dropped.

“What?” I asked. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“Nope. Cut back on smoking or you’re not getting any action from me.” Tony laughed.

“You know I can’t be celibate Tone.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Then cut back on the smoking.”

“You’re an ass.” I said, putting out the cigarette.

“You love it.” He smiled, leaning in to press a kiss to my lips.

***Vic's P.O.V.***

We'd been at Kellin's mom's house for two days and things have been going smoothly for the most part. Things were a little tense between Kellin and his sister, Kailey, but it was no big deal because she was barely around. Kellin's mom was obviously happy to have him home and I could tell she was doing everything in her power to keep him happy as well. I could tell he was, even though he says he doesn't worry about his mom too much, I knew it made him feel better to have her around.

I was in the kitchen making breakfast for Kellin and his mom, Kellin's sister was off somewhere so it was just me, Kellin and his mom in the house. Kellin raved to his mom about my cooking and bragged about my French toast in particular so she asked if I minded making some for breakfast, of course I didn't mind, I was just trying to keep this lady happy and make a good impression, seeing as she'd one day be my mother in law. I could tell she could get a little feisty sometimes so I was basically walking on eggshells around her. Last nights dinner was interesting, Kellin's mom was interrogating us about our life together and our relationship and stuff of that sort. I got the feeling that she wasn't too fond of Kellin's sexuality but honestly she was just going to have to deal with it. Even though I was in the kitchen I could still hear their conversation. I wasn't really paying attention until l heard her mention church.

"Would you and Vic please come with me to church tomorrow morning?" His mom asked.

"I dunno about that mom." He squeaked. "We're not big on religion."

"You still have a chance to change your life around." She said.

"I like my life the way it is." He said quietly.

"You're living in sin, dear." She explained.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

I could hear him getting a little defensive.

"You're living a lifestyle that is not pleasing to God." She said. "There's always a chance to repent and change your ways. Vic can come and do the same."

"Wow." He said suddenly. "This is about me being gay."

"Of course it is dear, I thought they would've taken care of that at the asylum but I guess not."

I really wanted to run out there and give her a piece of my mind, but I decided to hold my tongue.

"Being gay isn't a mental illness, mom." He said in a harsh tone.

"You are simply confused, honey. We can take you to guys to church and have the pastor pray for you guys. God with deliver you both."

"God doesn't fucking exist." He spat under his breath.

"Kellin, don't say that. Don't test God, the wrath of him is something you really don't want to witness." She warned.

"You sound stupid." He hissed.

I put down the spatula I was holding and turned off the stove for a second, I knew I should go out there and try to help before things got out of control.

"I don't know how you got that way anyways, no one in the family is that way." She muttered.

"I actually forgot how much of a bigoted bastard you are." He shot back.

I stepped into the living room to find Kellin sitting on the couch across from his mother, glaring at her, his face red as a tomato.

"I'm just trying to tell you the truth."

"You're a fucking bitch. I don't know why I thought coming here was a good idea." He spat before standing up and looking down at his mother.

Lisa quickly stood up to face Kellin and before she could say anything I grabbed Kellin's arm and softly pulled him back. I turned to Lisa, who's face was identical to Kellin's and she was gripping that god dammed cross necklace she always wore.

"He didn't mean tha-"

"You shut up." She said, pointing at me threateningly and digging that long, light pink painted fingernail into my chest. "You're probably the reason he's still like this."

"Don't you dare fucking touch him." Kellin said, slapping her hand away from my chest. "Do it again and I'll break your finger."

"Kellin, I am your mother. Do not talk to me like that." She commanded. "The devil has you brainwashed."

"You were never my mother. You were just some drugged up piece of shit that I lived with every day."

"Who do you think you're talking to?" She yelled.

"You!" He yelled back.

I grabbed Kellin by his waist and pulled him towards me while moving over to the stairs.

"I really thought you reached out to me because you missed me. Turns out you were just trying to throw me into your cult."

"God d-"

"Guess what? Your God is a sick piece of shit. This world is fucked up and it's all his fault. He allows sick, twisted stuff to happen to good people and he sits there and watches his people kill each other." He seethed. "Even if he was real, I wouldn't wanna serve someone like that."

"You're living a sinful life and I will make sure that it changes." She replied.

"No you're not, I'm getting out of here." He said taking my hand and starting to head up the stairs.

"You're not going anywhere. Did you forget? I have custody over you." She yelled. "And you know what? I've just decided that I want you to move back home."

He turned around, his face incredibly red and gripped my hand tightly.

"You can't do that!" He yelled. "You haven't given a shit where I've lived for the last 2 years, you can't just start caring now."

"I can and that's what I'm going to do. Vic will be returning home by himself."

I felt my heart drop to the floor and I nearly panicked.

"Please don't do this to him." I said in a shaky voice. "We've started our lives together in San Diego. We have a nice house, we both have jobs and all of our friends are there."

"I'm sorry, but I don't like the lifestyle my son is living. He will be staying here with me and I am enrolling him back in high school. He needs his education."

I felt Kellin shaking next to me, I wanted to help, but I couldn't because I was about to lose it.

"If you keep me here I'm going to run away." He warned.

"I'll just send the cops looking for you. They'll just find you and bring you back home." She said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I will kill myself. I swear I will." He threatened. "You're going to be responsible for the death of your son."

I knew he was just saying that so his mom would let him stay with me but it still sent shivers down my spine.

"I'll keep an eye on you. You're not committing suicide." She said, shaking her head.

"You can't do this." Kellin repeated, tears escaping his eyes.

"I have already made my decision." She said before turning and walking out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: BMTH: Happy Song

I only got one comment which means like barely anyone is reading so I'm just gonna start fucking shit up lol.

thanks for commenting: Kitty_katt16