Status: active

Damaged Goods

Hope You Will Forget Things I Still Lack

***Vic's P.O.V.***

I was sleeping peacefully until I was awoken by a light shove in my side followed by a mumbled 'Vic get off'. I continued to sleep though, not letting the person disturb me. 'Vic, seriously, move.' I heard, before I felt myself being shoved off of the person I was sleeping on. I peeled my eyes open and looked over to the person committing the offense.

"What the fuck, man?" I said groggily.

"You're all over me." He mumbled, turning back over.

I sat up and looked over to him in confusion.

"Since when is me sleeping on you a problem?"

He didn't say anything. I knew that sometimes he could get into pissy moods but I hadn’t done anything to him.

“Now I can’t go back to fucking sleep. Thanks a lot.” I snapped.

I rolled over and looked at my phone. At least I got 3 hours of sleep, but my headache was still prominent. I also happened to notice that I had a text from Kellin. He was asking me yet again if I wanted to meet up with him today. I just knew if I let myself talk to him, those little things that he did not even knowing would break through the shield that I put up towards him. I was scared. I didn't want to let my guard down at all, it took so long for me to build it up. But I was also curious about what he had to say and how he was doing. I wondered if he was eating enough, if he's relapsed, just generally how his life was going.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss every aspect of Kellin. He was perfection and I yearned to have him next to me again. He's who I loved to wake up next to, I missed his lips on mine and his arms around me. Truthfully, sometimes when Dylan and I had sex I think of Kellin to get me off. I don't know what's wrong with me, Dylan was incredibly hot and we had good sex but the only person I could think about was Kellin.

Before responding to Kellin I looked back over to Dylan. It wouldn't hurt to just have a conversation with Kellin. Besides, Dylan was being an asshole to me so why not? I carefully typed back a 'yea' before scheduling it for 6 when I get off of work.

I pulled back the covers and decided to get some coffee, I might as well get a head start on getting ready for work. I shuffled to the kitchen and began to make myself some coffee along with some eggs and bacon. I would usually make some for Dylan too but I figured that he didn't deserve it. I sat at the table and began to quietly eat my breakfast. I heard feet and I looked up to see Mae looking at me from the other side of the room.

"Hey, why are you up so early?" I questioned.

"I heard you coming down the stairs." She shrugged, coming over to me.

"Was I that loud?" I chuckled.

"Nah, I'm just a light sleeper." Mae smiled.

Once she reached the table she reached out for my mug and took a gulp of my coffee.

"Getting ready for work?" She asked.

I nodded slowly, trying to ignore the pounding in my head.

"You look cute with bedhead." Mae smiled, running her hands through my hair.

"Thank you." I smiled up at her in a childish way.

I knew she was flirting and I was okay with it, I mean, I flirt with her too every once in a while.

She sat in the chair next to me and took a bite of my food. I followed that by practically stuffing my mouth with eggs, damn I was hungry.

"That was hot." She said sarcastically.

"I know right?" I joked back.

"We'll aren't I just so lucky to have such a sexy best friend." She said wiggling her eyebrows.

She said it in a joking matter, but her voice contained a little bit of a serious tone.

"You are lucky." I laughed.

"You're such a cocky asshole." She giggled, punching me in my arm.

"Ow!" I said, fake crying.

"I'm sorry, let me kiss it better."

She leaned down and placed gentle little kisses on my arm.

"Better?" She smiled.

I nodded and smiled.

We both looked up and saw Dylan walk into the room.

"Good morning." I said, rolling my eyes.

He didn't even glance at me before going to the coffee maker and pouring himself a cup. Mae just looked at him with her face scrunched up. I will never understand the feud between them two. He left the room as quickly as he came, leaving Mae and I to ourselves again.

"Someone is angry." Mae said.

"Yea, I dunno what's wrong with him today. He was fine last night."

"You don't have to put up with his shit all the time." Mae said.

"He's not usually like this, he's really sweet, I promise."

"Yea, sure." She said as if she didn't believe me.

I sighed and looked down at my plate, what's going on with him?

-

After work and taking a shower, I got in my car and drove to a little cafe in the city where Kellin wanted to meet up. It was one of my favorite places to eat so I was kind of looking forward to it. I had to admit that I was nervous to meet up with Kellin. I walked up to the doors and walked through, I quickly scanned the place before spotting him in the corner of the small place. He looked so cute, he had on a flannel and a pair of skinny jeans. He was pulling at his sleeves and he kept reaching up to mess with his hair, he was nervous, and his huge blue orbs held a slight twinkle that I adored. I mentally slapped myself and reminded myself to stay strong.

I began to further walk towards the table and he looked up at me, I could see his hands shaking so he put them under the table. Once I reached it I sat down on the other side of the booth.

"Hi." He squeaked..

"Hi." I said back.

"I was here a little early so I ordered for you, I hope you don't mind." he said, looking down at his hands.

"No, it's fine, thanks." I smiled slightly. "How have you been?" I wondered.

"Um, o-okay I think." He stuttered.

"You think?"

"I'm just a bit nervous." He said, biting his lip.

"There's no need to be, you've talked to me a million times."

"Not under these circumstances." He sighed. " I need to apologize."

"There's no need, you already have."

"It's really all I can think to do at this point."

"I want to talk about the day you left." I said bluntly.

I had questions to ask and I wanted all my answers now.

"Why did you leave without letting me explain myself?"

He sighed and looked up at me.

"I was being stupid and I was scared."

"Scared of what?" I pondered.

"You saying with your own mouth that you cheated on me. I didn't think I could handle it. I was so positive that you and her had something going on and I was insecure, so I just ran from my problems."

"Why would you ever think that I'd do something like that to you though? I adored you."

"I was so dumb, I know."

I looked at him and I could see nothing but regret in his eyes. I hated that this happened to us, we were perfect.

"How has the past year been for you?" I asked.

"Empty, that's the only way I can describe it really." He said.

He was hurting but there was nothing I coud do.

"Haven't found any love interests?" I said, being nosy.

"No, I mean, some guys have pursued me but I never respond, I haven't thought of being with someone other than you." He said quietly.

We continued to talk for about 10 minutes before our food showed up. The waiter put our food down on the table and I looked at it. He ordered exactly what I liked, an Italian sandwich with a side of broccoli and cheese soup. He honestly knew everything about me, it was kind of scary. I almost forgot how much he'd learned about me in the time that we were together and a huge part of that time I only talked to him so we used to talk for hours on end. Those were such good times.

As time went on, the conversation got a little lighter and we were able to loosen up and laugh a bit. It was a truly amazing feeling, for a moment I was able to forget everything that happened between us.

"Remember that time we went to a party and Danny and Ben got so drunk, we had to carry them back to the asylum?" He giggled before taking a bite out of his sandwich.

I chuckled, remembering how Kellin and I, who were clearly smaller than them both, had to drag them down the dirt road. He continued to laugh while looking up at me. I could tell that he was loosening up a little and I liked that.

"I like your laugh." I said, not even thinking about it.

"Thank you." He blushed and looked up at me.

"Don't look at me like that." I joked, trying to suppress the butterflies in my stomach.

"Like what?" He giggled.

"You know that look you give me." I said, narrowing my eyes at him playfully.

"Vic." I heard from across the restaurant.

I looked up and saw Dylan standing there angrily.

"Oh shit." I mumbled to myself.

Kellin looked up at Dylan and his eyes went wide. Dylan made his way towards us. He seemed strangely calm and it scared me. He just came and stood at the end of the table.

"Kellin I'll see you later." I rushed before getting up.

Dylan didn't say anything, he just began to walk outside. He got in his car and I got in mine. I already knew I was in a world of trouble. I followed him to his house and parked behind him. I got out of the car and followed him into is house and up the stairs to his room.

"Dylan." I said quietly.

"Vic, seriously?" was all he said.

"I-"

"No. Shut the fuck up!" He screamed.

To say I was scared was an understatement. Its been a while since he's yelled at me like this. He balled his hands up in fists and for a moment I was scared he was going to swing at me, but instead he hit the wall.

"Dylan, calm down." I said, putting my hands up in defense and backing away. "Just let me talk to you."

***Kellin's P.O.V.***

I was awoken in the middle of the night by someone turning on the light in my room, it was Alan.

"Alan what're yo-"

"Get up and put on some clothes," he rushed. "Vic's in the hospital."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Brand New- Sowing Season

I know it seems like there is a lot of bad news in this story at the moment but I promise things are starting to get better, just wait.

10 comments= Update tomorrow

thanks for commenting: Kellicxo, Misfit Toy, Madisonleeigh and tonyandoli

^^^ you guys are awesome.