Status: active

Damaged Goods

Make Sure You Kiss Your Knuckles Before You Punch Me In The Face

***Kellin’s P.O.V***

The ride to the hospital was silent. The car was filled with so much tension and worry that I could have cut it with a knife. I was just trying to control myself. If I found out that Dylan was the reason for VIc being in there I was going to lose my shit. I hope, for his sake, that he did not lay a finger on him, because if so, I was going to murder his ass in the middle of the fucking hospital. I know Vic promised me that Dyan wasn’t hurting him anymore but after he saw us at the cafe there was no telling what he’d do.

I couldn’t help but feel as if this whole thing was my fault. If I wasn’t so desperate and continued to beg him to meet up with me then he would have never gotten in trouble with Dylan. It was my fault that he’d fallen back into the arms of Dylan in the first place. As soon as the car stopped I jumped out and ran alongside Alan and Austin to the hospital doors, once we were through them we saw Mike, Mae and Dylan all sitting in the waiting room. Mae was crying, as was Dylan and Mike was looking distraught.

"What happened?" I asked walking up to all of them.

"Dylan said that he just-" Mae started to say.

I turned to Dylan and pointed an accusing finger at him.

"If I find out that you had anything to do with this I-"

"I didn't do anything to him." He growled.

"I don't believe a fucking word you say."

"Well I-"

"Both of you shut up." Mike interjected. "But Kellin is right. If you did this to him, we're both going to kill you."

We sat in silence for about another hour waiting for the doctor to come back with news about Vic. When he finally came back he was carrying a clipboard. I tried to read the emotion on his face but he was hard to read.

"Are any of you the family of Vic Fuentes?"

"Yes, I am." Mike said, standing up. "Is he okay?"

"He has suffered a minor seizure, we are still working to find the exact cause of this. It may have something to do with his history of a brain tumor." He said. "But he will be okay."

I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding in. He’s going to be okay.

"He is conscious now. You guys can come to the room and see him if you'd like." He finished, before walking away.

Dylan stood up and looked over to me.

"You're fucking lucky." I mumbled in his direction.

Everyone began to get up and walk towards the elevator. Mike asked Dylan what happened before Vic had the seizure. Dylan continued to say that he and Vic had an argument earlier that night, but soon made up. He said they ate dinner and when they were getting ready for bed is when he had it.

I don't know if I believed him but it'll have to do until I was able to talk to Vic alone. Being able to have a conversation with him yesterday was amazing, I honestly didn't think that we'd ever get to that point again. It was nice though, after time he slowly lost his bitter tone and attitude and we were able to actually talk.

Once we reached the room I lingered behind while everyone piled in. Of course Dylan rushed to be by his bedside and started to kiss him all over. I had to fight the strong urge to roll my eyes. It just hurts to see him with someone else.

He spent an hour talking with everyone and reassuring that he was okay. He'd given me a few glances but he hadn't said anything to me directly. I was standing in the corner, trying my best not to make it any more awkward. The doctor said that he had to stay for a couple days so they could watch him.

Everyone was starting to leave the room and saying their goodbyes to Vic, including Dylan. I didn’t know if it was just me, but I think that he should stay here with Vic just to make sure he’s okay. I knew he had a job and went to college and stuff, but Vic needed to be looked after. After almost everyone was out of the room I went to stand by his bedside. I didn’t know what to say so I kinda just looked down at him while he looked up at me.

“Kellin, Austin and I will be in the car. Just come out when you’re ready.” Alan told me.

I nodded and then turned my attention back to Vic, we were alone now.

“Are you okay?” I said quietly.

“Yea. Just seizure.” He chuckled.

I had no idea how he could be chuckling when he was laying in a hospital bed, but that’s just how Vic is.

“I thought he did something to you.” I admitted.

He sighed and looked down at the blanket he was wrapped in.

“I told you, he stopped hitting me.”

“I know, I know. I just get scared sometimes.”

“Don’t be. I’m fine.” He said, giving me a small smile.

“It’d be nice to feel ‘fine’ again.” I sighed. “I haven’t felt fine for a whole year.”

He looked up at me and sighed, he didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to say. So I changed the subject.

“So Dylan isn’t staying the night with you?” I asked.

“Um no.” He looked embarrassed, I didn't understand why.

“Isn’t he your boyfriend t-though?”

“No, not really. I can’t handle a commitment at the moment.” He admitted.

“I don’t want you staying at the hospital by yourself. They can be a little terrifying.” I reasoned.

“It’s okay, I’m a big boy.” He teased.

I giggled and half-heartedly rolled my eyes. There was a comfortable silence that filled the room. I could tell he was thinking. He always thought too much.

“Can I stay the night with you?”

“Don’t you have work in the morning?”

“Yea, but I can take off. I want to keep you company.”

“You don’t ha-”

“I want to.” I said, cutting him off.

“Okay then.” He smiled.

I sent a quick text to Alan and Austin, letting them know that I’d be staying the night there before grabbing one of the extra blankets, turning off the light, making my way over to the uncomfortable chair in the room and draping it over myself.

“Good night.” I whispered.

“Night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: The Front Bottoms: Twin Size Mattress

lol you guys thought that Dylan was the reason that Vic was in the hospital.
this took long bc lack of comments made me lose my motivation to write idk.

thanks for commenting: Kellicxo, tonyandoli and Madisonleeigh. <---- you guys comment on like every chapter and that really makes me happy so thank you! c: