Somewhere in Neverland

One

"I am so ready for this break." My bandmate, Grant, yawned as he entered the green room of the venue that we were playing tonight, "I don't think we've had a month off in almost two years." Grant and I were in the band Halfway Home along with our two other friends, Eli and Parker. Between recording our first full length album and touring we had been working nonstop for the last two years.

"You don't think you'll get bored?" I asked from the overstuffed armchair I was sitting in. Out of everyone in the band I handled down time the worst. I guess you could say that I was a workaholic.

"Nah, it'll be good to be able to spend some time with Anna." He said referring to his longtime girlfriend, "I give you a week before you go stir crazy." He was probably right. Even in little down time we had in between tours, I was writing with other artists.

"Did you guys hear who was coming tonight?" Eli ran into the green room.

"Who?" Grant asked.

"Ryann's boyfriend." Eli teased making kissy faces at me. He was referring to Luke Hemmings, lead singer of the band Five Seconds of Summer. I had spent a week and a half writing with Luke and his bandmates about a year ago and we had stayed close afterwards. We have never been anything other than friends but, the guys liked to tease me about it.

"He's not my boyfriend." I glared at both of them, "Are you sure? I talked to Luke yesterday and I feel like that's something he'd mention."

"He was trying to surprise her dipshit." Parker smacked Eli on the back of the head, "Nice going."

"My bad." Eli shrugged, "We have to soundcheck now, are you guys ready?"

"Yeah let me just grab my shoes." I said standing up and making sure that my black t-shirt was still tucked in nicely. I grabbed my pink vans and met the guys on the stage. "Is it just Luke coming or is it all of 5sauce?"

"I think all of them." Eli said playing a random melody on his guitar. "They're touring over here soon."

"Can you guys focus? You can gossip later." Our tour manager, Brandon, yelled. He was generally just as rowdy as the rest of us but he knew how to make us get shit done.

===

Once soundcheck was over, we had a meet and greet. We had just gotten through the line when someone picked me up and spun me around. "What the fuck?!" I yelled as Parker, Eli, and Grant laughed. Then I heard the familiar laugh, "Luke put me down!"

"Surprise." He laughed.

"It would have been but Eli's loud mouth sold you out." I grinned, "Is it just you here?"

"Am I not enough for you?" Luke gasped holding his hands over his heart, "But yeah, everyone's around here somewhere."

"Even your mom?" I talked to Liz Hemmings almost once a day. She had pretty much become my surrogate mother ever since I told her about my own mother running off when I was a baby.

"I feel like we're only friends because you like hanging out with my mom." Luke rolled his eyes, "She's still at home."

"Damn." I laughed as Luke rolled his eyes again. "How long are you guys here?"

"A week. Then we're starting our headlining tour."

"I heard the whole thing sold out in like a minute. That's so exciting!" I grinned, "I'm proud of you guys."

"Thank you." Luke looked down trying to hide that he was blushing, "Where did everyone go?"

I looked around to see that my bandmates had disappeared. "That's a good question." We walked back towards the green room the noise coming from inside made it obvious that, that was where everyone had disappeared to.

"RYANN!" Michael yelled when he saw that I had entered the room.

"MICHAEL!" I yelled back before pulling him into a hug turning to Calum and Ashton, "It's good to see you guys." I hugged them both.

"Ry I feel like I should warn you, I heard that Will was supposed to be coming." Parker looked at me nervously. He was talking about my obnoxious cheat of an ex-boyfriend whom I would have been more than happy to never see again.

"Fuck." I groaned, "Is it too late to change the setlist around?"

"Since You're Gone?" Eli grinned thinking about the song I had written about Will.

"Let's do it!" Grant laughed.

"Sweet. Let's open with it." I grinned.

=====

"Los Angeles what the fuck is up? Man does it feel good to be home." I yelled into my microphone as I ran out onto the stage, "So we decided to change our set last minute because we heard a special someone was going to be here tonight." I grinned as the crowd started cheering. I turned around to Eli who was sitting behind his drum kit and he started playing the opening beats to the song.

"Since you hide, since you steal. Since you hate everything I feel. Since you cheat, since you lie."
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think!

Links:
Song
Outfit
Ryann