‹ Prequel: The Missy Diaries
Status: Expect updates to be slow at first.

Wonderless

Diamonds and Why Men Buy Them

HP shook his head and laughed at Jukka who was trying his best to pick up a young woman at the bar. At least this one was attractive, he thought, quietly sipping on his beer. Jarppi and Jarno were taking bets on whether he would pull or not, when their friend reappeared with two women following behind him. Before he had a chance to look at the second one, he heard his friends shout out in shock.

" Nieti?" gasped Jarno.

" What the fuck?" Jarppi yelled.

He felt his jaw drop in shock when he laid eyes on the woman standing before them. She looked curvier and more mature, but was still the same girl he had fallen in love with all this years ago. The same girl whose heart he had broken all those years ago.

Missy.

HP had to blink a few times to make sure it was really her. She was definately trying to avoid making eye contact with him, not that he could really blame her. Four years had obviously not been enough for her either, if time was a healer.

After a while, the others went to get drinks leaving HP, Jarno, ad Missy in an awkward silence.

" Hello HP."

Missy's voice brought HP out of his thoughts. He stared a little gormlessly before returning the greeting. There were so many things he wanted to say, but he didn't know where to start.

"Ahhh! Hanny! There you are!" squealed an irritating voice. Missy looked up to see another familiar face. It took her a secon to clearly realize who it was though. This face wasn't as welcoming as the others however.

" What the fuck is she doing here?" demanded the woman now sitting on HP's lap.

" It's nice to see you again, Jasmine." Missy smiled as fairly as she could.

" Missy." Jasmine spat, not even willing to pretend. Jasmine had always been a bitch to Missy in high school. It seemed as if Missy had come to steal HP away from her. There was no chance of that happening.

HP ignored Jasmine, much to her displeasure, as the others returned with their drinks. It was a perfect timing. The conversation resumed and HP did not get a chance to Missy as Jasmine occupied his full attention.

Missy sighed quietly, remembering when she had been the one on HP's arm. She wasn't jealous of Jasmine; she just remembered when HP looked at her that way. Shaking these silly thoughts from her mind , she downed her drink, remembering her pledge to have a good night. Running into HP was not going to stop her.

" Let's go and dance." she smiled to Hanna, and the two women made their way back to the dance floor, unaware that every guy at the table was staring at them.
______

" Oh, my head." Missy complained the next morning. She had not made it to the bedroom and instead passed out on the sofa.

" Tell me about it." Hanna groaned com the floor. "What did we drink last night?"

" I don't know but, coffee." Missy shook her head and friend to find her feet.

" Touché. I don't know, but it must have been a good night."

" Do you remember any of it?"

" I remember meeting your old friends and Jukka trying to sleep with me, but that's about it."

Missy laughed, despite having a ridiculous hangover, she didn't regret any of it though. HP and Jasmine left soon after, which was probably why it had been a good night after all.

" Morning ladies." Louis smiled, coming down the stairs with Zack in his arms. " I take it you guys had a good night?" He procceded to make them breakfast while they planned the rest of their day.

"Jukka wants me come over for dinner tonight." Hanna said, reading the text that had been on her phone since earlier that morning.

" So you're going?"

" Yeah, and you are too. I said I would bring you."

Missy sighed. "I suppose."

" Don't sigh at me! It won't be that bad."

"Fine. I'll go! But I'm not promising anything."

" Are you going to tell them?" Missy sighed, knowing she should rightfully tell them about her son.

"I don't know. Maybe."

" You're going to have tell them sooner or later."

"I know, I know. It just takes time."
_________

Once again, Louis ended up babysitting Zack. Missy felt guilty but tonight was gonna be awkward enough as it was, without adding a three year old toddler to the equation.

" Be good for Louis, I'll be home soon." Missy smiled at Zack before kissing him and Louis then getting in her car. Missy could feel the nervous bubbling in her stomach during the short drive. She tried rehearsing the impending conversation in her head but it made her feel even worse.

Jukka answered the door. Missy looked at him pleadingly, in the hope that he would give her a heads up about who was inside. He smiled blankly as she followed him indoors, curisng under her breath as she did so.

Sitting in the living room were Jarno, Jarppi, Hanna, and to Missy's horror, HP.

" Oh nieti, it's still amazing to see you again." Jarppi gasped, jumping up and pulling Missy into a hug Missy smiled as best she could, hugging Jarno once Jarppi let go. She smiled at Hanna, and her and HP nodded in acknowledgement of each other.

" Well, dinner a about ready if you guys wanna go to the table." Jukka smiled, leading the way.

" Don't tell me you guys cooked." Hanna laughed.

" No, I'm just warming up dinner that my mom made." He smiled pulling out Missy and Hanna's chairs. They said their thanks and sat down. As they ate their food, the conversation revolved around Missy and what she had been doing for the past years. HP was quiet ad seemed totally uninterested in everything she had to say, but Missy was not bothered by his childish behavior. She told everyone about UCLA and Louis, successfully avoiding the topic of Zack until dessert.

Hanna had been trying to catch Missy's eye all night in a failed attempt to prompt her. In the end she gave up and set the wheels in motion herself as she passed around the chocolate cake.

"Oh my gosh, Missy, don't you think you should te them about Zack already?"

Missy froze.

"Whose Zack?" Jarppi asked.

Everybody's eyes turned to Missy.

She hesitated, feeling herself turning red and sweating."My son."
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY FOR GOING SO LONG WITHOUT UPDATING