‹ Prequel: The Missy Diaries
Status: Expect updates to be slow at first.

Wonderless

The Boy Who Could Fly

Chapter Fifteen.

Louis was back from working away and it was a relief to have company in the house. Missy had told him about everything that had happened with HP over the past week. Everything that is, apart from the two nights he had stopped over. She was not sure why she had failed to mention this to him. He seemed happy that HP finally knew the truth and Missy thought it was best to leave it at that.

After picking Zack up from nursery, Missy realized she had a text on her phone.

Would Zack and his mom like to go to the park? Love HPx

Missy smiled. She had so much housework to do, but it was a nice sunny day despite the wind, and Missy felt in need of some fresh air after a full day on the hot, stuffy classroom. She had considered taking a walk with Zack anyway.

We'll see you there. x

Missy could not see what harm it would do in spending time with HP at the park. Louis wouldn't be home until late and he had said that it was good that HP was spending plenty of time with Zack. The park wasn't far away so she and Zack walked there. HP was waiting for them. Zack ran excitedly over to greet HP ,before getting him to push him on the swings.

As Zack played, Missy and Hp talked. She felt relaxed as they watched their son having fun. Hp seemed to have matured over the past few weeks, she felt as if they could have a proper conversation without winding up back in the past.

HP spoke briefly about Jasmine. Missy discovered they had been officially dating for the past three years and tried not to let it bother her. HP seemed to have done a good job of keeping Jasmine and Missy away from one another recently.

"So how does Jasmine feel about you having a son?" Missy asked out of curiosity. She wasn't trying to stir anything.

HP shrugged. "She'll get used to it."

Missy left it at that. From his tone she assumed that Jasmine was not best pleased about the revelation, but it did not bother her, in fact she found it quite funny. That was for HP to deal with.

Missy and HP sat on a bench as they watched Zack play in the sand pit. HP asked when he could next see Zack. It was only Tuesday, and Zack was staying for the night with Jarno on Thursday while Missy went out with her old friends. She wondered if HP would be joining them, but did not say anything.

"I'm working on Thursday but you could have him for the day as he's staying over at yours that night anyway." She thought, trying to work out her busy schedule.

HP agreed. Missy had learnt that he was still snowboarding and had started his student teaching so his work was pretty flexible which made it easier for him to see Zack. She wasn't really sure where they were supposed to go from this point. HP had definitely proven himself and had spent a great amount of time with Zack. However, Missy was determined not to rush into anything. If HP was going to be a permanent part of Zack's life she needed to be positive he would not mess things up.

"We should get going before it gets dark." Missy told HP, calling her son back from the sand pit.

"I'll give you a lift, it's getting cold."HP said, sweeping up Zack and putting him on his shoulders.

"Thank you." She smiled, watching her son's happy little face as his father carried him to the car.

As HP drove, he and Missy listened to Zack chatter away about how much he loved the park. Occasionally they would exchange amused glances when he said something really funny.

"I've got three tickets for the zoo." HP whispered and grinned after pulling up outside the house. "I thought we could go for the day out next Saturday?"

Missy couldn't stop herself from smiling as she unfastened her seat belt. "That would be lovely HP. Zack's never been to the zoo before!" Once again she lost control of her actions as she reached over to hug him.

HP returned the hug surprisingly tightly and for a few seconds their bodies were closer than they had been for four years. As she came back to her senses, Missy pulled away and picked up her handbag.

"Thank you for the lift HP."

"No problem, I'll pick him up before you go to work on Thursday."

Missy took Zack out of the car and let HP kiss him goodbye before they headed into the house. They waved from the doorstep as HP pulled away. Missy could help thinking how nice the hug had been.

She decided to wear a black dress on Thursday night. They were only going to the local bar but she felt like making a bit of an effort. She let her hair down and curled it and even wore heels. Louis had been invited but he had lots of paperwork to catch up on so he stayed at home instead.

Zack was already at Jarno's as HP had been looking after him for the day, so Hanna picked her up at eight and they headed into town.

"Who'll be there tonight?" she asked him from the passenger seat.

"Just the usual I suspect. Jukka, Jarppi, etc." She replied, nodding his head to the music that was blaring from his stereo.

Sure enough when they arrived in the bar, Jarppi, Jukka, and some more friends were already sitting at the bar. Hanna bought Missy a drink and they found a table that was big enough to accommodate their group. It was the same bar that Missy had first run into HP in on the night of her birthday.

After nearly an hour of drinking and catching up, Missy started to wonder if HP would show up. She wasn't sure why she was so bothered, it just seemed a little weird not having him around with the others.

Just as these thoughts crossed her mind, she heard the door swing open and everyone turned around to see HP making his way over.

"Sorry I'm late guys." He smiled, without making any excuses.

"You look tired dude." Jukka commented. There were black rings under his eyes.

"Busy day." HP grinned, taking a seat in between Missy and Hanna.

After the waiter had taken his order of drinks, HP turned to Missy and told her what he and Zack had gotten up to. Apparently they had been into town for ice cream and then to the lake to feed the ducks, followed by a quick stop at the park and then lunch at McDonalds.

"No wonder you're tired." She exclaimed, amazed at his energy.

HP laughed.

"I still can't get over the fact that you two have got a kid." Jarppi shook his head. "I remember back in the day you were the worst out of all of us. Talk about bad influences!"

Missy couldn't help but laugh at Jarppi's comment and HP chuckled to himself.

"I know, right!" agreed Jukka. "It's insane!"

No one had commented on the fact that Missy had kept her son's existence a secret for three years and she was extremely grateful for this. The guys had welcomed her back with open arms and in some ways it felt as if she had never left.

By the end of the night Missy was considerably drunk and HP and Hanna took her home in a taxi. Hanna waited in the cab whilst HP walked her to the door and made sure she got in safely.

"Night HP." She told him, kissing him briefly on the cheek again.

"Night Miss." He replied, before she closed the door.

HP waited at the door for a few seconds after Missy had closed it. Once again he brought his hand to the spot where she had kissed him. He couldn't quite believe the way things had turned out. He had never for a second imagined that they would ever be able to be civil to one another again but now it was almost as if they were friends.

He knew he should be angry with Missy for not telling him about his son, but somehow he could not quite work up that emotion. Spending time with her had brought all the memories flooding back, but he tried not to dwell on them, reminding himself that the past was the past. The only thing they had in common was their son, and they had to get on for his sake.

If he was honest, deep down he still had feelings for her; feelings that would never go away, no matter what happened between the two of them. He would have liked to think that she too still had feelings for him but it was highly unlikely after the way he had fucked her over in the past. She had well and truly moved on with her life.

Unable to take his mind off Missy, he got back into the taxi and poured his heart out to his close friend.

Missy and Hanna sat in the guyses living room on the Friday evening. Louis had had to leave for work all of a sudden that morning and wouldn't be back until at least Monday night. This time Missy wasn't lying when she told him she would be fine. She had plenty of support around her now.

"So, HP and Zack seem to be getting on well." Hanna grinned while flicking through the TV channels.

"Yeah I guess." Missy replied, sipping her coffee.

"And what about you and HP?" he continued, raising an eyebrow.

"What about us?" Missy asked, wondering where this was going.

"You've been getting on well too haven't you?" Hanna was grinning even more now.

"I guess." Missy admitted. "It's weird, like we've forgotten all the shit in the past and we're just dealing with the present."

Hanna nodded. "And are you looking forward to your big day out tomorrow?"

"Oh, yes." Missy replied, wishing Hanna would stop with the twenty questions.

"Come on Miss, spit it out. Tell me what you're really thinking." Hanna pressed her, knowing that eventually she would crack. She had always confided in Hanna since they were teenagers, and she was one the first person she told when she found out she was pregnant.

Missy sighed, knowing there was no point in trying to hide anything from Hanna, she knew her far too well. She had not even admitted these feelings to herself.

"I don't get angry when I look at him anymore. I feel weird, like I did when we were teenagers. I get goose bumps if we touch and I can't look him in the eye for fear that I'm gonna melt. I've dreamt about him every night for the past month, and I can't even admit this to myself cos I'm so scared that I'll fall for him again."

"Sounds like you already have."

Missy shook her head.

"I saw the way you two were looking at each other last night." Hanna explained.

"It doesn't matter how I feel about him, it doesn't change a thing." Missy told her friend firmly.

"That's what you think." Hanna shook his head. "Just you wait and see."
♠ ♠ ♠
I really don't have the inspiration to write this anymore