‹ Prequel: The Missy Diaries
Status: Expect updates to be slow at first.

Wonderless

Believe You Me

Half an hour later, Missy and HP lay in a tangled sweaty mess. Missy's body had been aching for this kind of intimacy, but the fact that HP had been the one to provide the release made the sex even better. During the night they had spent together, something had clicked in Missy's brain and she realised that it had always been HP and it always would be. No one could compare to the way he made her feel with just one startling brown glance.

"We really need to stop doing this." Missy giggled, ignoring how vulnerable she was with her body lying exposed to HP's wandering eye.

"But it's so good." HP sighed, kissing her breast gently. A small moan escaped from her lips before she came to her senses and sat up, leaving HP looking dismayed.

"We can't rush this." She told him, pulling the bed covers back to hide her modesty. "We need to work this out, seriously."

HP nodded in agreement. "Like I said, you call the shots." He traced a finger down her shoulder, sending shivers down her spine. She had never felt this way with Louis. The thought of her boyfriend brought the feelings of guilt rushing back. She had never cheated on anyone in her life.

"I don't think we should tell anyone yet or do anything rash. We need to make sure this is going to work." Missy said to him, contemplating what it would be like to be with HP again properly. Could it really work? Was it really what she wanted?

"Ok, but I'm not going to stop seeing you. I'll sneak around like a teenager if I have to."

Missy laughed but she knew he was being serious and the consequence of this was that they were both cheating on their partners. Missy could not betray Louis like this and she decided to talk to him sooner rather than later.

"You know, if I could turn back the clock, I never would have let you leave. No matter what stupid mistakes I made, I would have begged at your knees for you to stay. I should have stopped you and I will never forgive myself for that." HP admitted, sinking his face into her hair.

"And I would have stayed."

Sneaking around like teenagers was going to be difficult considering Missy and HP had a three year old son to add to the equation. HP had promised to talk to Jasmine and cool things off with her before he and Missy spent anymore time alone together. Missy did not want to be that woman, but she also knew that she couldn't trust herself around HP. He had some kind of spell over her.

Missy knew she needed to talk to Louis, but she couldn't help but wonder if she could really trust HP to keep his word about leaving . After all he had broken her heart once and he could easily do it again.

For the first few days after their night together, Missy and HP shared secret glances across rooms and stole quick kisses when no one was around. Missy's feelings for HP had given her a new lease of life and she found herself spending more and more time with her old friends. They had not told a soul about what happened in the hotel room, but Hanna in his infinite wisdom, could read her two close friends like a book.

"You and HP slept together didn't you." He sighed knowingly one afternoon. HP had taken Zack to a hockey game and Missy had plucked up the courage to visit her ever judging friends.

Missy pretended to be shocked. "Why would you say that!" she demanded, setting her cup of coffee down and peering into the kitchen to ensure Jukka wasn't listening in.

"Missy, I've known both of you almost all my life. The way you two have been looking at each other recently? You return after four years and now Bam's happier than I've seen him in all those years."

Missy sighed in defeat. "Ok. You're right. I'm ready for the lecture."

Hanna laughed and scratched her collarbone. "I'm not going to lecture you. You're both responsible adults, hell, parents now. What you do is up to you."

"But..." Missy anticipated, staring at her friend and ready for his input.

"But nothing. I think it's great. If he fucks things up this time I will kill him though." Hanna teased, winking at Missy.

"What about Louis and Jasmine though?" Missy's conscious was getting the better of her. She had relied on Hanna to make her feel guilty.

"If you really want to be with HP then it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks. You have a kid together and that's more important than anything else."

Missy nodded and Hanna pulled her into a hug on the sofa.

In order to weigh up her true feelings for HP, Missy resolved to spend as little time around him as possible for the next few days. It was more difficult than she expected however. Louis was back from his trip and happy to see that HP was spending time with Zack. In fact, HP turned up every day under the pretence of seeing his son when in truth he wanted to spend time with Missy as well.

"When are you going to talk to him?" HP asked one afternoon when he had convinced Missy to go to the park with him. It had now been a week since their intimate rendezvous in the hotel room.

"I just need some time HP." Lexi told him quietly. "I need to sort my head out before I do something stupid." Missy knew she should have thought before opening her mouth as a look of sadness spread across HP's face.

"So being with me is stupid?" he asked looking at Missy with puppy dog eyes.

"No, that's not what I meant." She sighed, staring into his eyes. "I don't want to rush things. Have you spoken to Jasmine yet?"

HP looked at the ground before shaking his head. Missy knew it. He had no right to be upset with her lack of action when he too had not worked up the nerve to break things off with Jasmine.

"I guess we're as bad as each other." said sadly. "I've got to go away for a week. If you still feel the same way about us when I get back, we'll tell everyone and then we can be together, ok?" HP took a step forward and took Missy's face in his hands.

"Ok." Missy agreed, letting HP kiss her gently on the lips.

"One week." He repeated, embracing her tightly before saying goodbye to Zack.

Missy watched him make his way to his car with the overwhelming feeling that she had just let the love of her life slip through her fingers. As HP glanced back before entering the car, Missy vowed that she would do everything she could to enable them to be together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really not sure if I should keep writing this.