Beacon Hills Exclusive

Full Moon Rising

We all had awoken to the sound of our phone alarms going off. Scott smacked our phones, silencing them. He took Stiles’ off the charger, chucking it at him as he sat up in bed. Stiles caught it, throwing the covers off of him. Scott handed me mine and I sighed. “Three missed calls from my dad,”

“Call him,” Stiles said, picking out a pair of black skinny jeans and a navy t-shirt from his drawers.

I looked down, dialing his number quick. He answered on the first ring. “Where the hell are you?”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m safe,” I frowned, not appreciating his already angry tone. “I’ll be out tonight again. I just was over Scott’s studying and fell asleep,”

My dad sighed. “Pam and I will be out today for date night. I expect a phone call or text message tonight when you get to wherever you are for the night, safely,”

“I’m not stupid and I’m not a child,” I grumbled, not knowing if it was the full moon or my own personal issues causing me to become so short tempered. “I’m staying at Kelsey’s house while her parents are away with her little brother,”

“That’s fine,” I rolled my eyes. I may have lied, but my father should know that I have no friend named Kelsey. He hung up the phone causing me to throw off the covers in frustration.

I got up, grabbing my clothes from yesterday. “I’ll be in the bathroom. Do you mind if I borrow your t-shirt today?”

Stiles shook his head and lightly smiled. I turned around, walking out the room to the hallway bathroom. I walked in, locking the door behind me and turning on the light. I took off the shorts Stiles gave me, putting back on my leggings. I put back my socks and shoes on and tucked Stiles’ shirt into the front of my leggings. I walked to the sink, washing away yesterday’s makeup before leaving. I turned the light off just as I ran into a man’s chest. I looked up, seeing Stiles’ father smiling down at me. “Morning, Sam! How are you?”

“Just fine,” I shrugged, smiling gently. “How has the late shifts been treating you?”

The Sheriff rolled his eyes, chuckling as he put his hands above his gun belt. “If I was ten years younger, it’d be a dream,” I smiled and he patted my shoulder. “I just said goodbye to the boys. I hope you have a good day too, sweetie,”

I smiled brightly, always loving Stiles’ father. “You too, Sheriff,”

He patted my shoulder, walking down the stairs and out the front door. I knocked on Stiles’ closed door and Scott called me to come in. The boys were completely dressed, though Scott was zipping up his black skinny jeans and fixing his maroon v-neck when I began speaking. “I’m going back to the house today since everyone will be gone. I just need to grab clothes for the party, makeup, and I can leave,”

Stiles gave me a simple shrug. “Okay. We’ll go with you,”

I shook my head, my eyes bulging out of my head. “Not a chance in hell! Look, if anything, Derek will be right by my side. You boys will be safer at school,”

Scott looked over at me with an angry expression. “You think I can’t handle myself?”

I immediately knew it was the full moon talking and I snapped. “Allison! Think of Allison,”

It took Scott a moment, but he shook his head, frowning. “I’m sorry,”

I smiled, walking over to him. I put my hand on his shoulder, making him look at me. “You should be proud. That only took you a few seconds to take control. That’s really good for your first time,”

Stiles smiled. “Yeah, man! You should take pride in yourself,”

I looked at the boys, dropping my hand from Scott. I frowned. “I guess I’ll get going. I’ll come back here later and wait for you boys,”

“Be safe,” Stiles commanded, pointing at me. “We’re going back to Scott’s, so meet us there,”

“Alright,” I smiled, grabbing my charger and putting it in my backpack.

“Leave that here,” Stiles said, causing me to half-turn around and stand up. “I’ll put it in my car and bring it back for you,”

“I don’t know if it’s the full moon so I’m more perceptive or not, but I can literally smell the stench of fear on you, Style,” I crossed my arms over my chest, turning around fully to face him. “I’ll be fine. I’ll see you later,”

Stiles frowned, not convinced I will be safe. “Text one of us when you make it back to Scott’s,”

I smiled. “I will,” I walked out of the room and out of the house, seeing Derek standing directly in front of me. “Ready?”

Derek shook his head, annoyed. “You’re not going to believe what I found out,”

I felt taken back, not used to an extremely annoyed Derek. “What happened?”

Derek took bullet shells out of his jean pocket and I took note of his dirty grey tank top and black jeans and boots. “I know these bullets anywhere. You see this?” Derek pointed to a pair of initials over a crest on the back of the bullet. “That’s ‘K.A’, otherwise officially known as Kate Argent. She tried to find me last night and I guarantee that’s who attacked you,”

I shook my head, no. “You’re going to think I’m crazy, Derek, but I don’t think an Argent was the one who attacked me,” Derek gave me a shocked look, not understanding who else it could have been. I paused, looking down, then back up to him. “I think it was my dad,”