Beacon Hills Exclusive

Suicide

I walked into my bedroom, taking off my heels, and putting them on my bed. I opened up my chest, grabbing my all over black vans and closed it. I walked to my closet, just as Stiles rushed into the room, closing the door. I began to look for fresh clothes as he spoke franticly. “Look, I know that you’re mad-“

I grabbed a pair of ankle-length black leggings and an over-sized red t-shirt, just as I cut Stiles off. “Pam is a money-hungry lunatic who’s after my father’s wallet,” I grabbed a pair of white no-show socks, turning my body to face Stiles. “And his head,” I slammed my closet door closed, getting dressed as I spoke. “I’m not going to sit back and let her roam free,”

I opened the door, throwing my clothes in my hamper, and walking out with my shoes in my hand. I sat on my bed and Stiles walked in front of me as I put on my socks and shoes. “Samm, if she was willing to kill you in secret, what will happen once she knows you know she wants you dead?” I finished up tucking in my laces, looking up at Stiles. He put his hands on my shoulders, squatting down, and I tilted my head downwards to meet his eyes. “What is going to happen if you get hurt, huh? That’s not okay to do to us. Either we all go or none of us go,”

Before I got the opportunity to argue with Stiles, I heard my phone ring from the closet. I rolled my eyes, not realizing I had left it in my shorts’ pocket. I got up, grabbing the phone, and throwing my shorts back in the hamper. I answered the call to nothing but a girl’s screams in the background and Jackson’s panicked voice. “Samm! Samm! I need your help!”

I put the call on speaker, looking at a very nervous Stiles. “What’s going on?”

Jackson sounded out of breath as he spoke. “Lydia! It’s Lydia! Apparently, she got robbed and she’s yelling at the cops right now because a bunch of her nice jewelry was stolen,” Jackson’s voice became lower, as if he didn’t want anyone around him to hear. “Lydia doesn’t know what she looks like, but I do…. If her items aren’t returned by tonight, I’m telling the police and saying you helped,” My blood drained from my face and I felt my head start to throb in anger. “Don’t you dare think I won’t. No one is allowed to hurt my girlfriend,”

Jackson ended the phone call and I dropped my arm down. Stiles saw my expression and took my phone, throwing it on the bed. I felt my knees begin to shake, as if I was about to collapse, as Stiles put an arm around my waist, walking me back over to the bed. We sat close and he left his arm around my side, rubbing the side of my hip with his thumb. “She’s not just after my father’s money,” I shook my head, looking at Stiles. “She wants every family with cash in Beacon Hills to hand it over to her,”

Stiles sighed. “We’re going to catch her,”

“We won’t have to,” Derek stepped into the bedroom, keeping his right hand on the doorknob. “Your father just got a call that she was admitted into the hospital. Apparently she tried to kill herself,”

“That’s a lie,” I shook my head, standing up.

“Your father is heading over now so it doesn’t look suspicious,” Derek frowned. “You should probably head over there, too,”

“Can you take me?” I looked at Stiles, seeing him already taking his keys out of his pocket. I looked over at Derek. “Just stick with Scott and we’ll come back later to here and I’ll get some stuff, then head over to Scott’s,”

Derek shook his head as we walked out. Stiles handed me my phone as we walked down the stairs. I smiled, then got to the front door. I walked out, heading for the passenger’s side of the Jeep. Stiles got in and we buckled our seatbelts, driving off to the hospital. The car was silent the entire ride until we got to the hospital. Stiles parked the Jeep in the second row from the entrance, pausing before we got out. He turned over to me, biting his bottom lip before speaking. “Look, Sammie, I know that she’s evil. I know that you’ve never genuinely liked her, but I know your father is still going to be mildly upset, which means you will be upset over him…. All I’m saying is if you need someone, you know I always have your back,”

I unbuckled my seatbelt, smiling, and leaning over to Stiles. I hugged him for a minute, speaking into the side of his neck. “I know you do,”

We broke our embrace and Stiles tilted his head, squinting his eyes as he asked his question. “You like Matt, don’t you? I mean, it’s none of my business, but you usually don’t spend the night with a guy you just met,”

I smiled, feeling myself slightly blush. “Yeah…. Yeah, I do,”

Stiles smiled, but I could hear his heart racing as he lied. “I’m really happy for you, Sam,”

I ignored the obvious lie, getting out of the car. I walked to the hospital, feeling my body drag itself. Stiles came up behind me, following me closely. As the automatic doors opened, I saw Melissa standing with my father. She was rubbing his arm, then brought him into a tight embrace before walking past him quickly and into a room, closing the door behind her. I saw my dad walking to that room, looking at the large glass window, and watching the frantic doctors. I came up to his right, seeing him brace himself against the small ledge in front of the window. Stiles came up to me, putting a hand on the small of my back and rubbing his fingers lightly against me. I felt myself calming down from his touch, though I was shocked he did so as he has rarely done it to me. He said his apologies to my father, though I was too fixed in on watching the doctors to pay much attention. “Stiles and I will be in the waiting room, Dad,”

They looked startled when I broke up their conversation, but my Dad shook his head understandingly. He put a hand on my right shoulder, kissing the side of my head, and then patted my shoulder. I walked off, feeling Stiles walk right on top of me. I sat down in one of the two-person chairs and Stiles sat to my right. We squeezed next to each other awkwardly, not knowing where to put our arms. Stiles settled with crossing his arms as I just simply placed mine in my lap. I yawned, shaking my head. “You haven’t been sleeping, have you?”

I shook my head, no. “When I slept at Matt’s, that was the most sleep I had gotten in two weeks combined,” I laughed lightly, trying to not seem down. “It’s fine. There’s a reason coffee was invented,”

Stiles smiled, sighing lightly. “It’s all going to be taken care of, alright? I promise,” Stiles put an arm around me tightly. I leaned my body into his, putting my head on his shoulder. He rested his cheek on top of my head, speaking lightly. “I promise that nothing else bad is going to happen, alright? We will-“

Stiles was cut off by a familiar voice. “Sam! Oh crap, Sam,”

I looked up, seeing Matt running towards me. I got up, immediately becoming scooped up and into Matt’s arms. He hugged me tightly, speaking into the top of my head. “You could have told me it was about your mom,”

“Step-mom,” I grumbled, correcting him.

“Scott told me when I saw him grabbing food earlier,” Matt kept speaking. “I’m so sorry, Sam. I won’t leave, alright? I’m sorry,”

I heard Stiles getting up, hearing the irritation in his voice as he spoke as well as his rising heartbeat. “I’m going to take off then, I guess,” I broke away from Matt, seeing Stiles looking annoyed as he looked him up and down. He looked back at me, his appearance becoming slightly softer, though his tone remained the same as he spoke. “Just text me or something if you need me. I’ll be at Scott’s waiting for you,”

“Are you sure?” I raised an eyebrow, not understanding Stiles’ sudden attitude.

“I’m sure,” He stated without hesitation.

Before I could protest, Stiles walked off. I frowned, looking back to Matt. Matt didn’t seem to notice Stiles’ harsh demeanor, kissing me gently. He spoke on top of my lips, causing me to smile. “I don’t care what happens, I’ll be here, okay?”

I pulled back, looking up at him. “This isn’t how I want to have a second date, Matt,” I joked, though he only gave me a small smirk in return. “Look, I’ll be fine. Thank you for coming though, honestly. It means a lot to me,” I placed my hands on the sides of his neck, pulling him down to me to kiss him. I pulled back for a moment. “Go home. I’ll text you or call you if I need to talk to someone. As of right now, I think I just need to take care of my Dad,”

Matt kissed me again, pulling back. He placed his hands on my sides, running his fingers gently up and down them. “I understand completely. Just don’t hesitate to pick up the phone,”

I smiled, kissing him once more before breaking away from him. He walked out of the waiting room and out of the hospital and I stood in the bare waiting room, listening to the sounds of the hospital. I looked down, trying to understand who thought it would be a good idea to buy a grey carpet with forest green and navy blue circles that overlapped each other. I ran my hand through my hair, twirling a strand with my pointer finger as I bit my lip. I started walking back to the window, seeing that my dad had yet to move. I came up to his side, leaning my head on his right arm. He shifted, placing his right arm around my shoulders tightly. “Where’s Stiles?”

“He went to Scott’s,” I frowned.

“Probably because of that Matt kid,” My dad half-laughed, half-scoffed. I looked up at him, shocked. “I heard the whole thing when I passed by to get a drink. I’ve never seen Stiles get so annoyed,”

“Stiles is just being Stiles, I guess,” I rolled my eyes, not sure what I really meant by that.

“Well, between you and me,” My dad looked down at me, smiling gently. “He likes you a lot. I don’t just mean Matt, either,”

I rolled my eyes, trying to pretend that that small idea didn’t give me even just a little bit of butterflies. “Stiles is probably more worried that we won’t spend as much time together if I have a boyfriend,”

“A father knows what’s best for his daughter, no matter what. Which is why I’m saying that you and Stiles would be great together,” My dad started, looking back into the window. “However, as a guy I’m going to say that Stiles is being a bit of a baby because by him not proving anything to you, he’s pushing you into another guy’s arms,”

“Shouldn’t fathers ban their daughters dating until they’re married?” I joked.

My dad laughed, looking back at me once more. “Probably, but Stiles is a great guy. I’m sure Matt is a decent guy too because you don’t rush to the side of someone you don’t care about, however Stiles is a special one,”

“You mean special because he used to color his skin with green markers and pretend to be the hulk until we were thirteen?” I raised an eyebrow, earning a smirk from my father. He stayed silent, looking back to the window as I spoke. “He’s a great guy, dad. He’s a really great guy, actually. But if it were between Lydia Martin and me, she would win every time. I don’t want to be second best,”

My dad looked down at me, smiling, “You never have,” I smiled as he kissed the top of my head, hugging me tightly as he spoke. “Go get some things and go to Scott’s. Do you want to borrow the car?”

I rolled my eyes, breaking free out of my father’s arms. “Derek has been waiting in the parking lot since the minute we got here. He’ll be with me,”

I hugged my father one last time and earned a kiss on the top of the head, once more. I walked to the exit, leaving the morbid building, and seeing Derek pull up his car right to me. I walked to the passenger’s side door, opening it, and sliding right in. I put my seatbelt on as Derek began to drive away, speaking in a hushed tone. “I know it’s none of my business, but I just wanted to ask how she was,”

I was taken aback by Derek’s soft demeanor. “She won’t make it,” I looked over at Derek, stopping whatever he was about to say. “I know you’re going to say that you’re here if I need to talk, but I don’t need to talk. I need to find the alpha and I need to end things and I need to get a dress for homecoming and make an appointment for my gynecologist and I need some coffee and a shower. That’s all,”

Derek paused for a moment, pulling into my driveway and speaking once the car was parked. “I was actually going to say that I know you’re stronger than everyone seems to believe right now,” Derek looked over at me as we both unbuckled out seatbelts. “I know her dying is supposed to be hard on you, but I also know that if you found her, you wouldn’t have hesitated to slit her throat,”

I shrugged. “She did me a favor,” I looked down at my hands, not knowing what else to say. I got out of the car, shutting the door behind me, and walking to my front door. I walked in, feeling Derek stay close behind me as he closed the door behind us. I walked up the stairs and to my bedroom, pausing for a moment before walking inside. “I feel guilty about that,” I walked to my closet and Derek sat down on the edge of the side of my bed. I grabbed a Victoria’s Secret gym bag that was hanging on my closet’s doorknob that was pastel blue with pink flowers on it and walked into my closet. I began grabbing an assortment of things I thought I would need, putting them into the bag. “I shouldn’t, you know? I really shouldn’t care that her heart is about to stop. I shouldn’t care that I’ll never be annoyed by her antics again. I shouldn’t care that she won’t be around to hurt anyone anymore. I just feel really bad knowing that my father is probably really upset about this and he feels like he can’t show it,”

I dropped my bag on the bed beside Derek and he helped to keep it open as I jammed two pairs of shoes inside of it. “How long do you plan on not being in this house?”

I ignored Derek’s questioned, zipping up the bag once my red high-top Converse and cherry red Doc Martens were inside. I went over to my makeup table, grabbing my essentials, and putting them into a smaller pocket on the front of the bag. I walked out of the room, grabbing face and body wash, shampoo and conditioner, hairspray, and my toothbrush and toothpaste from my bathroom, coming back into my bedroom. I placed the items in the pocket on the back of the bag, slinging the bag over my shoulder. I began to walk out of my room when Derek walked in front of me, blocking the doorway. “Derek-“

“You have a solid week’s worth of clothes in there, if you don’t wash them,” Derek stated, cutting me off. “You have one week to run from your problems. After that, you need to stop,”

“I’m not running from my problems,” I choked out, not even sounding convincing to my own ears.

Derek took the bag from my shoulder, slinging it around his own. “One week, Sam,”