Beacon Hills Exclusive

New Phase

I woke up to the sound of heavy breathing, causing me to dart my eyes open. I looked to my left to see Stiles' jaw unlatched like a snake trying to consume it's prey. He had a small amount of drool coming from the side of his mouth, earning a quiet giggle from me. He had both of his arms wrapped around me tightly as our legs intertwined. I shifted onto my side, holding his neck with my left hand and placing my right down gently, grasping his left tricep. I began to give his neck light kisses, intensifying as I felt him begin to wake up. I traveled up his neck and to his jaw, leaving a trail of small love bites the entire way. I reached his lips, gently kissing him as I felt him smile. He put his hands underneath my shirt, squeezing my hips closer to him. I broke away, looking at him as he smiled widely. "I always wanted to wake up like this,"

Stiles grinned back, speaking in his scratchy-morning voice causing me to bite my lip. "I never thought it would happen, to be honest,"

"Why?" I moved my hands to his chest, clutching his t-shirt tightly.

Stiles shrugged. "I just never thought I was going to come clean with anything. I wanted to for a while, especially these last few weeks, but...." I placed my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. "I was going to tell you that night we went out for food,"

"Before everything?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Before everything," Stiles repeated for confirmation. "I thought it was really hot that you still ate the way you did in front of me. Even if we were still just supposed to be good friends, it was nice that you didn't try to put up a front. You look extra pretty at night.... Not that you aren't all the time, but at night it's different,"

"How so?"

"You just look more.... confident," Stiles sounded as thought he still didn't understand it himself. "It's like you just move more swiftly and seem happier at night. I have no idea why, but it's like a whole different side to you. It's really beautiful, honestly. You're beautiful,"

I peeked my head up, smiling. "You don't have to make up bullshit to keep me, Stiles,"

Stiles looked partially offended. "I'm not lying! Listen to my heart," I heard his stedy heartbeat from start to finish of his exclamation and it never moved once. "I just am telling you what I would assume you would like to hear,"

"I want to still act like friends, Stiles," Stiles put his back to the dark-brown wooden headboard and I moved so I was on my back with my head in his lap. He stroked my hair and looked down at me as I spoke. "I want to still be a couple, obviously, but I don't want to have this change us. I like us,"

"I like us too," Stiles smiled, bending down to kiss me quickly.

"Want to wake up Scott?" I smirked.

Stiles shook his head yes as we both rolled quickly out of bed and to the bedroom door.