Beacon Hills Exclusive

First Day

I was not as fortunate as the boys with having almost every class together. I had decided to take a few AP courses this year, which only landed me in their lunch, free period, chemistry and economics classes. It was a sufficient amount for me. Though I adored both of my best friends, I liked to have some peace at mind before being asked about food and boobs.

I was currently walking to my creative writing course when I heard a boy’s voice. “Damn! Hey, gymnast of the year,”

My body whipped around. “Excuse me?”

The boy seemed familiar, though I couldn’t place exactly where I knew him from. “I’m Matt. Matt Daehler,”

“You were at the meet taking pictures for the school, right?” I tilted my head.

“Not for the school. I just like pictures,” Matt’s blue eyes lit up when he smiled, revealing his dimples. I looked him over, seeing that his tall stature of about six foot three towered over me. His body seemed average, though it was definitely in shape. He had a bit longer deep brown, nearly black, hair that was slightly curled and gelled to stay up in the front. He wore a leather jacket with a green and grey horizontal striped shirt under it, black skinny jeans, and the same Vans I was currently wearing. Matt played around with the strap attached to the professional Nikon camera in his hands.

“You can flash those dimples all you want, it’s not common to take pictures of girls with leotards wedging up their butts because you like pictures,” I shrugged, turning to walk off.

“I didn’t get girls with wedgies on photo,” He laughed, his slightly deep voice going back to normal. “I got pictures of pretty girls smiling after they did their routines well,”

“Where are you next period?” I asked, turning back towards him.

“I have a free period. Why?” Matt tilted his head, smirking.

“I’ll be in the library. Come find me and show me those pictures,” I bit my lip while smiling and walked off to class.

**********

I walked through the halls, getting to the library before Matt seemed to. I went to the first light brown wooden table with four empty seats and put down all my stuff. I sat with my back facing the door, going to check my phone. A message from Stiles appeared and I smiled. ’Yo I got to talk to you when we go out tonight- It’s about Scott’.

I frowned, having a bad feeling I knew what this was about, and quickly typed back as I smelled the scent of chocolate Axe and peppermint gum approaching behind me. ’Okay. Is everything okay?’

“Are you texting your boyfriend?” Matt questioned, placing down his small stack of books and his camera on the table before sitting down.

“I could tell you the truth or I could lie,” I smirked and squinted my eyes when I spoke as I put my phone in my bra. Matt’s eyes tried to remain on my face, but I could see him quickly glance down and then meet my eyes once more. “However, that depends on how you answer my question,”

“What’s your question?” Matt smirked.

“Why do you care?” I shrugged, as if it was an easy question to answer. “Judging by the way you looked at my chest when I put my phone away though, I’m going to say it’s because you’re interested,”

Matt looked appalled. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to come off like this creepy asshole! I’m so-“

I laughed, feeling slightly bad for teasing him. “It’s fine, Matt. You’re not creepy. He’s also not my boyfriend,”

“I already knew that, actually,” Matt sunk in his seat, looking ashamed. “Everyone knows you, Scott, and Stiles are best friends,”

“No one knows who we are,” I laughed, though I was being serious. “People we’ve sat in a classroom with our entire lives don’t remember us,”

“I do,” Matt smiled. “I remember moving here last year and you offered me a pencil the first day of calculus,”

I smiled, looking down, as I remembered hearing him on the phone with his mom when he was in the courtyard and I was in the classroom. He was extremely nervous about going to class and ended up forgetting something to write with. When he ended up sitting behind me in class, I turned around and offered him my extra. “I remember that, now. I also remember you switched out of that class within the first month,”

“The teacher and I never got along. It always seemed like he was attacking me,” Matt looked down, annoyed at the memory.

“Mr. Alvarez has always been like that,” I shrugged. “I had him when he still taught seventh grade. I was the target back then…. Also, after you left….”

“Oh my god, are you serious?” Matt looked ashamed. “I’m so-“

“If you apologize one more time, I won’t go to Jackson’s party with you this Friday,” I rolled my eyes.

Matt smiled brightly. “I didn’t know we were going in the first place,”

“Oh, we are now,” I smirked. “Just as long as you don’t apologize for little things for the rest of this period,”

“It’s a deal,” Matt smiled.

“It’s a date,” I smiled back. “Now, let me see the pictures,”

Matt seemed flustered at the word ‘date’ as he fumbled to turn his camera on with a racing heartbeat. I stifled back a giggle as he handed me the camera to flip through. “I know they aren’t the best, but I really like how they turned out,”

I ignored his comment, continuing to flip through until I landed on one of me. I was grinning madly, revealing the very fate dimples I have. My eyes looked nearly closed as my chipmunk-like cheeks were so pushed up. I had on my solid purple with sparkles everywhere leotard that Scott had got me last year as a small part of my birthday present for making it on the Varsity team as the first freshman girl in the history of our school. I had my hands clapped together as I looked at my score for my floor routine, knowing I had won above everyone. “Wow,”

“That’s a favorite of mine, too,” Matt had managed to move next to me, though I was too engrossed in the photo to realize. “I could make a print for you, if you want,”

“I’d like that,” I smiled, finally looking up to meet his eyes. I turned the camera off, putting the lense cap on, and handing it to him gently. I took a pen from the front of my backpack, grabbing Matt’s left hand. I felt how soft his hands were and how much heat came from his skin when I touched it. I wrote my number gently on the back of his hand. “Text me or something,”

“I will,” Matt smiled, as the heat from the back of his neck crawled to make his cheeks slightly flushed.

I grabbed my books, slipping them into my bag. “I have to go. I have to get to Chemistry early so the boys and I don’t get split up,”

“No problem,” Matt smiled. “I’ll talk to you later,”

“Good,” I smirked, walking out of the library with my bag thrown over my right shoulder. I felt Matt’s eyes still on me as I paid careful attention to the way I moved my hips when I walked.

**********

“Hey,” Stiles waved.

I smiled, walking into the classroom with him. We walked to the second row, sitting at the desk to the far right. I sat on the inside, closest to the wall, and Stiles sat towards the isle. “Good afternoon, Mr. Harris,”

Mr. Harris’ stern look did not falter as his slim figure turned on his heel from writing on the board. “Good afternoon, Samantha. How was your PSATS?”

“I got a twenty-two hundred,” I nodded in accomplishment.

Mr. Harris smirked. “I knew you were a favorite of mine. I’m sure you’ll do even better on the actual ones,”

“Thank you, sir,” I smiled and he went back to the board.

“How do you know him already?” Stiles raised an eyebrow.

“He was my physics teacher last year,” I shrugged. “Did you ever answer my message?”

“No,” Stiles huffed. “I got too busy listening to Scott ramble,”

“Ramble?” I raised an eyebrow. “About what?”

“About that,” Stiles stated in a disgusted tone, looking at the door.