Beacon Hills Exclusive

Wacko Jacko

I smiled, knocking on the window of the passenger’s side. Stiles looked up from his phone, unlocking the door for me. I got in, closing the door and putting on my seatbelt, and looked down at the binder Stiles put in my lap. “I’m feeling something peppy today,”

I laughed, flipping through the huge stacks of CD’s we had collected over the years. I settled on a favorite of ours, Taking Back Sunday’s ‘Tell All Your Friends’. I popped the CD into the player as Stiles backed out of the parking space, grinning. “Do you remember when we saw them last summer?”

“Scott had to sneak out of the house because his mom didn’t want him going with the flu,” Stiles laughed, putting one hand on the wheel and one resting on the ledge between us. “You had to sneak in his medication in your bra so he didn’t end up dying in the middle of the show,”

“That was so sketchy, too,” I laughed. “I had to keep it in a little dime bag like I was getting ready to make a drug deal,”

Stiles started laughing hard and glanced over at me. I caught a glimpse of his eyes before he looked back at the road and my heart sunk. “We need to have an adventure like that again,”

We pulled through the drive-through before I was able to make a comment. “Hey, welcome to Wacko Jacko. How can we help you today?”

“Can we get four, hard shell tacos with extra sour cream and a chicken quesadilla?” Stiles looked back at me. “What about you?”

“The usual,” I mumbled as I bent over to grab money from my bag.

“Also three, hard shell tacos with extra meat and extra sour cream and a black bean burrito with extra sour cream, please,” Stiles repeated the order he had memorized over the countless times of coming here.

“Anything to drink?” The teenage boy asked.

“Two extra-large diet cokes, please,” Stiles smirked. “We’re watching our figures,”

I hit Stiles’ shoulder playfully, laughing. Stiles looked over at me, giggling, as the boy laughed and said our total. We drove up to the window and I handed Stiles ten dollars for my own food. He combined our money in exchange for our large order, handing the food to me and putting our drinks in the center console’s holder. Stiles drove for a few minutes to our usual location at the park near the woods and parked the car. I looked over at Stiles, handing him his bag of food, and he beamed. I began to eat when I started speaking. “So, what did you have to tell me about Scott?”

Stiles stopped eating and positioned himself to look forward at me. I mimicked him as he began explaining himself. “Scott’s little injury-“

“Little?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Large injury,” Stiles corrected himself. “Has completely healed,”

My heart dropped. “Stiles-“

“I know it sounds insane Sam, but he’s healed! He is completely healed and it’s like…. There’s something going on,” He sighed, looking at me helplessly.

“Stiles….” I shook my head. My phone went off and I grabbed it, seeing that it was Scott. “What’s up?”

“Can you or Stiles pick me up, please? My mom is working again,” I could hear Scott’s guilt in his voice.

“It’s fine. Stiles will get you. I have to talk to you guys anyway,” I sighed. I hung up, looking at Stiles. “We need to get him from the school,”

“Is everything okay?” Stiles ran his hand through his hair.

“Stiles…. In the woods, go straight through the trail, right there,” I pointed towards a trail many park rangers do. “When the trail ends, keep going. Go until you get to an old, beaten-down house. Trust me on this,”

“Sam-“

“Stiles, trust me on this,” I cut him off, putting a hand lightly on his shoulder. “Please,”

“I will,” Stiles stammered. “I trust you,”

I got out of the car, slinging my bag over my right shoulder once more. I grabbed my drink and looked at Stiles, shifting my weight on my feet. “Stiles…. You know you’re my best friend, right? Same for Scott?”

“Of course,” Stiles sounded shocked at my question.

“You know that I would never intentionally hurt you boys, right? You know I’ve always wanted you guys to be happy and safe?” I began to hear my voice get choked up as tears threatened to release themselves.

“Sam, what is this about?” Stiles’ jaw dropped, not used to seeing my eyes tear up.

“Please just tell me you know I love you more than anything or anyone,” I swallowed the large lump in my throat. “And Scott,”

“Of course I do,” Stiles went to get out of the car. “I’m sure Scott does, too! Sam-“

“I’ll meet you in a bit,” I tried to force a smile between tears. I closed the car door, quickly walking to the woods and ignoring Stiles’ calls.

**********

I walked into the woods, calming myself down. I wiped away my tears and threw my long curls into a messy ponytail. It took roughly fifteen minutes, but I got to a Victorian-style house that was roughly three stories. It was fairly wide, though there was a huge chunk of the building’s roof missing on the left side. The house was burnt to a crisp and it’s nothing short of a miracle that it has yet to crumble to the ground. I walked to the front door, knocking lightly. “I know you’re here. I need your help,”

“I’m right here,” A deep voice rang through my ears as I turned to my left. A young man with perfect bone structure had his large arms crossed over his even larger chest. He wore a black t-shirt and black jeans with black boots and looked like he just stepped off a movie set where he was co-starring next to Tom Cruise. His emerald eyes pierced through me as his olive skin seemed to glow underneath his dark facial and spiked hair.

“I need your help,” I repeated. “They still don’t know and one of them got bitten,”

“What do you mean?” The man dropped his arms, walking towards me.

“His name is Scott, remember?” I tilted my head.

“The crooked jaw one?” He tilted his head to match me.

I straightened up, smiling. “Him! He needs your help. He doesn’t know why he healed overnight and…. The Argents-“

“I know,” He sighed. “I was on my way to warn you after you came home from dinner,”

“Are you stalking me now?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Not as much as Matt,” He rolled his eyes.

I hit his large chest and he didn’t budge. “You are so mean! He’s a cute guy, Derek,”

“Whatever you say,” Derek rolled his eyes once more, turning around.

Stiles’ Jeep came rolling towards the house at fifty miles an hour. He parked about a yard away from the porch and I could smell the fear on both him and Scott. They got out of the car cautiously and I threw my bag to the side. I walked down the porch with Derek, standing a few inches in front of him. “Guys, this is Derek Hale,”

“Hi,” Stiles waved.

Scott stayed stiff, looking nervous. “Sam, what’s going on?”

“There’s something you don’t know about me,” I flashed my eyes, turning them a pale lavender. “It’s what really happened to you,”