Beacon Hills Exclusive

Explanations

I grabbed a shopping cart before going inside with Derek still inches behind me. I walked to the drink section, grabbing ginger ale. “Would you like anything?”

Derek shook his head, looking slightly taken back I had offered. I continued on my way, putting the two liter bottle in the top portion of the cart. I went about two isles over, grabbing a box of raisins. I walked to the self-checkout, quickly scanning and bagging my two items. “You needed a cart for that?”

“The last time I got a basket here, it broke,” I shrugged. “This place made me have trust issues,”

I could see a small smirk form on Derek’s face, but it disappeared almost as quickly as it came. I grabbed my bag, walking out of the store quickly and to my car. I put the bag in the backseat, closing the door and turning to look at Derek. “Has Stiles spoken to Scott?”

“No,” I looked down. “Maybe, I don’t know. He was going to text me when something happened,”

“He was at Scott’s house last night,” Derek confessed, causing me to dart my head up. “I chased him away from my house and he ended up in Scott’s backyard. I chased him away, but he has no fear, Sam. Scott isn’t safe,”

“None of us are,” I shook my head. “Are you okay out there on your own? They know where you live, and….”

“I’m not leaving my home out of fear,” Derek shook his head, speaking in a stern tone.

“I just want you to know that if you need anything, give me a howl,” I gave him a soft smile before turning to go into my car. I opened the driver’s side door, pausing, and looking at Derek. “Allison’s training will be starting soon now that she’s in town. If we are going to protect Scott and catch him, we need to do it before an Argent does,”

I got into my car, zooming away back towards my home. I lit up another cigarette just as my phone began to ring. I plugged it into a wire, allowing my phone to be on speaker throughout the car’s speakers. I continued to drive while I spoke. “Hello?”

“I’ll do it,” Scott growled. “I’ll let him teach me, but I’m sticking with Allison,”

“Fine,” I sighed, taking a drag of my cigarette. “If Derek mentions her, avoid the subject. He’ll find out on his own. The main concern I have is teaching and protecting you,”

“There’s another one, isn’t there?” Scott’s voice lowered, nearly inaudible. “I can feel it,”

“Where are you?” I looked at the clock, seeing that the school day was nearly over and I had questioned how a few minute drive back home turned into me driving in circles out of boredom for two and a half hours.

“Stiles’ house,” I could hear Stiles saying hello in the background.

“On my way,” I hung up, throwing my cigarette out the window.

I drove for a few more minutes, ending up at the two-story home that was known as the Stilinski residence. I quickly parked my car behind Stiles’ Jeep in the driveway, jogging to the front door. I knocked on the door multiple times, being greeted by Stiles. He smiled, but quickly frowned when he saw my frantic expression. “What happened?”

“Where’s Scott?” I questioned.

“Right here,” Scott called from the top of the stairs. I moved past Stiles, jogging up the stairs to Scott. “What’s-“

“Bedroom, now,” I said, pushing him towards Stiles’ room. Stiles ran up behind me, closing the door once we all entered the room.

There were papers littered around the fluffy white carpet and a few articles joined the multitude of band posters scattered amongst the navy blue walls. The computer was opened up to a Wikipedia page and the printer next to it was printing out a hoard of pages. I went to sit on Stiles’ unmade black and white accented bed with a solid black headboard, moving even more papers to make a spot for myself. Stiles grabbed a seat in front of me on the floor while Scott opted to swing the navy blue, roller computer chair closer to the pair of us, leaning forward on the back of the chair. Stiles let out a deep breath. “What’s going on?”

“There aren’t enough Wikipedia pages in the world to begin to explain what being a werewolf really is like,” I shook my head, laughing lightly. “You want to know the full story about all of this?”

“It would probably help,” Scott rolled his eyes.

“Do either of you know what my mom’s maiden name was?” Both boys shook their head. “Licantropo,”

“Lycanthrope in Italian,” Stiles shook his head. “Werewolf,”

“When I was younger, she used to warn me that one day there would be people after me. One day came,” I swallowed a lump in my throat that had suddenly appeared. “I was sitting in the backyard eating a sandwich she had made me for lunch when an arrow came towards me. It grazed my shoulder. My mom threw her body in front of me, getting shot at every which way with every weapon imaginable. I ran into the house and went to the basement. I could hear the firing stop and I waited a moment…. Then, I went upstairs and ran out to see her. She was choking on her own blood when she kept repeating ’Run! Just run! Run’. So, I did. I ran until I was scooped up in the arms of a random older teenager. He called me by my name and told me to calm down and that he would protect me…. That’s when Derek started my training,”

“How did Derek know your mom?” Scott raised an eyebrow.

“Werewolves travel in packs,” I answered. “My mom was part of Derek’s entire family’s pack. Some were human, some were werewolves, but they were all a part of the pack. My mom was one of the betas there, as was Derek,”

“Beta?” Scott tilted his head.

“Like, a ranking?” Stiles asked.

“Basically,” I shrugged. “There are alphas, betas, and omegas. Alphas are the leaders, betas help the alphas, and omegas.... They’re the ’lone wolves’. You don’t want to be an omega,”

“Is that like a strength in numbers kind of thing?” Stiles asked.

“Exactly,” I smiled, proud he understood everything. “Omegas are the weakest because they don’t have a pack,”

“Alphas are the strongest because they’re the leaders,” Scott said, slowly understanding things.

“Exactly,” I clapped my hands together one time.

“What are you?” Stiles put his hands behind him, leaning back.

“I’m an omega,” I sighed. “So is Derek, though we’re a strong team. We just aren’t a pack,”

“Why not?” Scott sounded taken back.

“I don’t agree with some of his opinions and feelings on certain subjects,” I rolled my eyes. “He’s more of a ‘power is perfection’ kind of guy and I’m more of a ‘teamwork can conquer all’ kind of girl,”

“Would you ever be in his pack?” Scott twitched his mouth to the side.

I thought for a moment. “Yeah. He’s a smart guy and an even smarter fighter. I trust him, but I also don’t like the class ranking system,”

“You two would fight over who would want to be the alpha,” Stiles stated.

“Badly,” I tightened my ponytail, laughing. “I think I would be okay with him as my alpha, though. Like I said, I trust him,”

“Who bit me?” Scott interjected.

“An alpha,” I crossed my arms over my chest. “He’s an omega, but he’s an alpha. He wants you in his pack,”

“Tell him no,” Scott yelped.

“It’s not that easy, Scott,” I exhaled. “If he can’t have you, nobody can,”

“So, that’s it?” Stiles stammered. “So, what do we do?”

I heard a fait growl in the distance, causing me to jump up before I could answer Stiles. “Back away from the window,”

The boys backed away to the farthest wall as I walked towards the window. I looked down, seeing nothing but a pair of bright, glowing red eyes peaking from the trees in the back. I growled back, suddenly seeing a pair of ice blue eyes come from behind the alpha and attack. The red eyes sprinted away and the blue eyes looked up to me right before chasing the alpha. Stiles screamed. “Oh my God! What the hell was that?”

“We need to kill him,” I ignored Stiles, turning slowly to both boys. “We are joining Derek’s pack and we are going to kill that alpha,”