Hold My Heart

The End (Final Chapter)

Hey guys! This is the final chapter. Thanks so much for reading!!! It's been fun! This was my first full fanfic ever so I'm glad that some people like it haha.

Vic's POV

After the incident with Alex, I ran after Kellin to find him. I had no idea what he would do to himself; I knew how fragile he was. As I made the drive to Kellin's house where I assumed he would be, I was fuming at Alex. He had absolutely no right or reason to do that to him. If he wanted to be pissed at me, fine, but taking it out on my boyfriend was too far. After Kellin left, I stayed and fought with Alex for about ten more minutes, calling him out for everything he'd ever done and mostly just trying to get it through to him that I wanted to completely forget about him. He had this sick notion that I still wanted to be with him, and that obviously wasn't the case. I tried to push Alex out of my mind. My boyfriend was my main focus right now. I knew full well what he was capable of doing to himself, and I had to find him before it was too late.

I finally pulled up in front of his house and jumped out of the car. I jogged up the front steps and threw open the door, hoping to find him sitting safely in his room, but I knew that wouldn't happen.

"Kellin!" I called out. When I got no reply I started to panic. I ran up the long flight of stairs and turned left to find the bathroom. The door was closed but I could hear crying inside. My heart shattered into a million pieces at that sound and I reached out my hand to open the door, but it was locked.

"Kellin! Open the door! Please!" I begged. I pressed my cheek against the door to hear any movement inside. There was a loud thump and then complete silence.

"Kellin! Kellin, please! Let me in!" I cried. I banged on the door as I yelled, but I knew that wasn't helping anything. I stood back a little and swiftly kicked the door, but it didn't budge. I ignored the pain in my foot and kicked it again and again until it finally swung open with a loud crack as it hit the wall. My stomach dropped as my eyes fell upon the scene before me.

"Oh my God," I whispered.

Kellin was sprawled out on his bathroom floor covered in blood. His arms were covered in cuts that he obviously made himself, and there was a small stream of blood flowing out of his nostrils. I froze in the doorway as I processed what I was seeing, completely unsure of what to do. My heart was beating erratically in my chest and my legs felt like they were being liquefied. I shut my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair as I tried to calm down and come to my senses. I opened my eyes again and ran over to Kellin. I crouched down next to him and tried to feel for a pulse. It was there, but very faint. I took a deep breath knowing that he was still alive, but now I had to act quickly to save him. My hands dove to my pocket and I fumbled around looking for my phone. I dialed 911 and glanced at Kellin as I waited. My poor, beautiful, precious Kellin. Tears began spilling from my eyes.

"Stay with me baby. I need you," I whispered.

--------------

Kellin's POV

I groaned and rubbed at my eyes as I awoke. Right away I noticed a dull soreness all over my body, especially in my arms. My head was throbbing too. I tried to recall what happened the night before to cause this, but I couldn't remember anything. I slowly opened my eyes and instinctively closed them again as a bright light infiltrated my sight. That's strange, it's usually never this bright in my room. Once I got used to the light, I opened them again and saw why it was different. I wasn't in my room.

I panicked and whipped my head around trying to take in all of my surroundings, but that only caused more pain in my neck. From what I could tell, I was in a hospital, so was I injured? I couldn't remember a thing about how I got here. I tried to raise my arm up to massage the aching muscles in my neck without ripping out the IV when I noticed a sufficient amount of cuts all over my arm. Suddenly the memories came flooding back to me. I had tried to commit suicide.

I grimaced and mentally slapped myself. What the hell was I thinking? I knew that I was upset yesterday after what Billie and Alex had done, but did I really want to die over that? Now that I thought about it with a clear mind - no, definitely not. I was being so stupid and irrational.

Before I could scold myself any further, the door to my room opened and in stepped a very worried-looking Vic. As soon as he saw that I was awake his eyes widened and he ran over to me, kneeling beside my bed.

"Kellin, oh my God, are you okay?" he asked. I shifted around on the bed so that I was more comfortable and faced him.

"Yeah, I'm fine now. How did I get here?" I asked. Vic bit his lip and looked me over.

"I found you yesterday in your bathroom and called an ambulance. I came to apologize about Alex and talk to you about it but . . . Kellin what the hell were you thinking? I was so worried about you," Vic explained, tears starting to brim in his eyes. The guilt of what I had done - or tried to do - finally hit me full force. I hadn't even considered Vic in all of this. Knowing that I caused the broken look on his face made me feel awful. God, I'm such a fuck up. No matter what I do, whether it's helping myself or hurting myself, it's making someone unhappy.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. Now I was starting to cry too. Vic shook his head and wiped my tears away with his thumb.

"Shh shh shh, don't cry baby," he cooed. He stood up and crawled into the hospital bed with me, bringing me carefully into his chest. I cried for a good five minutes before pulling away and sitting up. I told him everything. I told him about how I met Alex at the park, and about how Billie hit me when I got home the other day, and about all the bullying. He didn't interrupt me once; he just sat laid there listening and rubbing my arm comfortingly, just like I wanted him to.

"You really need to tell someone about what Billie did to you," he said after I finished. I sighed.

"I know, but at the same time, I don't want him to go to prison. He did take me in, and I should be grateful for that," I said. Vic frowned.

"Kellin, that doesn't take away from the fact that he hit you. You shouldn't feel like you owe him anything if he's going to treat you like this. If someone so much as touches a hair on your head, they deserve to go to prison. No one should hurt my baby," he said heatedly. I smiled and leaned down to kiss him.

"I love you, Vic," I said.

"I love you too, Kellin," he replied.

--------------

One month later

"Congratulations to the class of 2014! You did it!" our principal exclaimed as all of the seniors cheered and threw their caps into the air. Well, we weren't really seniors anymore. This was our graduation; our high school careers were officially over. It was a relief, for Vic and I especially. When I returned to school after my suicide attempt, Vic finally came out and we announced that we were a couple. There were some mixed reactions. Some people were okay with it and left us alone, but others, like Jeremy, were relentless. We were both bullied for the entire last month of school, but none of that mattered anymore. We were done with this awful place, and we never had to look back. I was drawn from my thoughts when a certain boy began walking towards me with a giant smile plastered onto his face. I beamed in return and raced towards him, engulfing him in a tight hug.

"We're finally done with this place," I said, sighing contentedly in Vic's arms.

"I know. I'm so proud of you, baby," he replied.

"For what?" I asked, pulling back but holding him at arms length. He shrugged.

"Just overcoming everything. Your depression, the bullying, your situation with Billie, everything. You always tried to push through. You're a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for," he said, pulling me against his chest again and pecking me on the forehead. I smiled.

"That's because I had you right there with me," I said. Vic grinned and leaned down to kiss me.

"I love you, Kellin. Always," he said. I nodded.

"Always."
♠ ♠ ♠
Aaahhh it's over!!!!! Again, thank you guys so much for reading, it really means a lot to me. No there will not be a sequel, but I am going to start a new story soon, so stay tuned!