May These Noises Startle You in Your Sleep Tonight

The Summoning

Hi there! Thank you for giving this story a try! Just a warning: there will be some descriptive death scenes, such as murder and gore and whatnot, so if you can't handle that then maybe this story isn't for you. There will also be smut later on. Okay, enjoy!!

3rd Person POV

"Do it! Come on man, don't be a pussy," Kellin taunted. Ronnie licked his lips and smirked before taking the lid off the rectangular box and pulling out a Ouija board.

"Holy shit, that actually looks real," a spiky-haired teenager marveled. Ronnie rolled his eyes.

"Of course it's not real, you idiot. Ouija boards are totally fake. I got this one on EBay for like ten bucks. It's just an illusion, a game," he explained. Kellin nodded in agreement, but that didn't calm Jaime's nerves. He had always been superstitious.

The three boys were sitting in the basement of Kellin's home. Well, basement wasn't really the right word. It was more of a cellar, with four chipping concrete walls and a grimy floor, lit only by a dim light-bulb hanging overhead. Kellin and his friends would often come down here when they wanted to be alone, usually to smoke weed or do something stupid, but right now they were messing around with an old Ouija board. There was really no reason to it; Ronnie just saw it online and thought it would be fun. Little did they know, their lives were about to change forever.

Ronnie pulled out his phone and began typing away at it. Once he found what he was looking for, he glanced around at the other boys mischievously.

"Alright, you bitches ready to summon a demon?" Ronnie said slyly.

"Wait, what? I thought we were just gonna mess around and try to, like, talk to dead celebrities or something!" Jaime exclaimed. Kellin sighed.

"Jaime don't worry, it's not like it's a real ritual or anything. We're just joking around. Relax," he said in an attempt to calm his friend down. Jaime stayed quiet but he was still on edge.

"Okay, here we go," Ronnie said, setting his phone down on his thigh and raising both hands up as if he were doing some sort of spell. The bright light from the screen lit up the underside of his face and gave him a sort of eerie vibe. Kellin smirked and shook his head at his friend's antics, but Jaime just frowned and pursed his lips. Ronnie closed his eyes.

"Oh great spirits of the underworld, speak to us and share all of your secrets from beyond the grave," Ronnie spoke dramatically. He then looked down at his phone and read a chant that was in another language, probably Latin. As he spoke, the light above him flickered warningly, but then again it was really old and did that a lot anyway. A chill ran through the room, followed by a gust of heat. Jaime's eyes widened and Kellin frowned. That was definitely odd. Ronnie finished talking and picked up his phone.

"Now it says that we have to state the names of the ones using the spell," he said. "Ronnie Radke."

"Kellin Quinn."

"Jaime Preciado."

"I guess that's it," he said. Jaime looked around the room nervously as if he expected some demonic creature to be looking back at him, but they were still alone in the dark, dank room.

Or so they thought.

Vic's POV

I sent the whip flying across the man's back, forming a long thin cut that I knew was deeper than it looked. The man wailed in agony and I smiled devilishly.

"You want more?" I growled. The man shook his head violently.

"No, please, no more!" he cried out. I watched him as a bead of sweat dripped down into one of the cuts that littered his back, and he screamed again.

"Hmm, I don't quite think you're finished yet," I said in a demeaning tone. I raised the whip above my head and was about to strike again when I felt a tingling sensation in the back of my head. I knew what that meant: someone wanted to talk to me. I sighed and set the whip down.

"It's your lucky day. I've got somewhere to be. But if I see you again I'm not going easy," I said menacingly before disappearing and letting the feeling in my head pull me towards whomever was commanding it. When I felt myself materialize again, I was standing in a fancy room with tall red walls. There was a desk at the far wall, and sitting behind it was a man. Or at least he looked like a man, but I knew what he really was: a demon, just like me. But he was definitely higher in rank, so I would have to be polite.

"Victor?" he asked.

"Yes sir?" I replied, wondering why I was here. The man stood and straightened out his suit before making his way over to me. I suddenly felt strange only wearing burned black pants and being covered in sweat and blood - someone else's blood, I might add - but I don't think the man payed any attention to it. Torture was my job after all, and sometimes it was kind of difficult to stay clean.

"I have a job for you . . . on Earth," the man said.

"What kind of job?" I asked. It wasn't often that I was asked to run errands, especially outside of Hell, so this was definitely something new.

"Some of our Missionary demons have gone missing, and until they get back, we need someone to take over a summoning taking place now. Since you work in torture I didn't think you would mind a little dirty work. If this goes well, you might also find yourself getting a promotion to full-time Missionary," he explained. My eyes gleamed at his proposal. "So are you up for the job?"

"Yes sir! Definitely!" I replied eagerly. I couldn't hide the fact that I was ecstatic. I had never been to Earth, and I couldn't wait to get out of this place. Don't get me wrong, Hell is my home, but no one likes being detained, certainly not a demon. Also, the idea of a promotion from Torturer to Missionary would be completely worth the hard work.

There are six levels of demons that determine the level of respect you get and what you are allowed and not allowed to do. The first level was Adviser. They worked with the devil and handled all of his personal affairs. What his personal affairs were, I had no clue, but I guessed that they were important. Advisers were to be given utmost respect. The second level was Guard, meaning that you were basically the security system in Hell: making sure that no one escapes, that all the rules are enforced, etc. Next was Missionary, where your job is to go up to Earth whenever some idiot human summons a demon and carry out whatever spell they used and kill whoever you have to. Although they weren't highest in rank, I had always aspired to be a Missionary just because they get to go to Earth. They don't have to be stuck down here all the time, carrying out the same daily routines and seeing the same disgusting faces day after day. It sounded perfect. The fourth level is Torturer, which is what I currently am. I punish all the unworthy souls in Hell and inflict pain on those who deserve it - or at least whoever the Advisers think deserve it. After that is the Roamers. They basically have no purpose whatsoever. They wander around every day and cause mayhem just because they're bored. Sometimes they escape to Earth to have a little bit of fun, but they're always captured and brought back. The sixth and lowest level consists of creatures and monsters that you might find in a horror movie. They're completely animalistic and just creep around and attack whoever they want to, usually not demons though. Some of them are released to Earth just for the kicks of other demons to see what they'll do, but if it starts getting too bad they'll take them back.

The demon in front of me clapped his hands together excitedly and brought me back to reality.

"Good! Now all you have to do is go to the site of the summoning and follow through with whatever the spell that they're using commands, whether they want someone killed, tortured, whatever. If you fail to complete your mission, you could be brought back to Hell and demoted to Roamer," he explained, pausing. "Or worse."

I swallowed and nodded. Now I definitely had a lot riding on this. I couldn't fuck this up. I wouldn't.

"When you first get there you will sit in on the summoning. Listen and observe, learn what you are supposed to do and who you are doing it for. They won't be able to see you unless you allow them to do so. Good luck, Victor," he said.

With a snap of his fingers I was flying through the air with such force I felt like I would be sick. I was somewhere between Hell and Earth, and the transition was just as rough as I had heard it was from other demons. I was simultaneously being ripped apart and compressed together, and the sensation was confusing and overwhelming. I finally reached my destination, but the sudden stop made me lurch forward as if I had been in a car that hit the brake too fast. I fell to the floor with a thud and a groan. I suddenly became aware of three presences in front of me and craned my neck up so that I could see them. They all seemed engrossed in whatever they were doing, and I was surprised that they hadn't noticed me before I remembered that they wouldn't be able to see me. I got up from the floor and walked over to where three teenage boys were sitting. Of course, it's just a couple of teenagers messing around. This will be a pretty easy mission.

I knelt down next to one of them. He had a phone in his lap and was reading a spell off of it. Amateur. At least he found a real one instead of one of those bullshit fake chants on the internet. I read through it quickly to get an idea of what I needed to do. It was a spell to kill someone! What they hell were these kids doing using this kind of spell?

The boy next to me read through it, carefully enunciating each word that I knew he didn't understand. When he finished he got to the part where you said the names of all the people you wanted the demon to kill.

"Now it says we have to state the names of the ones using the spell," he said. Wait. Fuck. No, kid, that's not what it says!

"Ronnie Radke."

"Kellin Quinn."

"Jaime Preciado."

Great. Now these dumb-asses just got themselves on a demon's hit-list. At least they won't be too difficult to kill. I hope.