May These Noises Startle You in Your Sleep Tonight

High School

Vic's POV

I soon found out that we had been in Kellin's house, and since I had nowhere to stay, I decided that living in his basement wouldn't be that bad. No one would even know I was here as I would be invisible, and it would give me a good way to kill Kellin if I was always here. I decided not to kill them tonight, but I knew that I couldn't wait too long to kill the first one. The Advisers would start to get impatient if I took too long; it would seem like I couldn't kill anyone, and we all know that I'm very capable of inflicting pain.

Now I had to come up with a plan. How was I going to kill them? And when? And who should I kill first? I decided to just go with it and strike when an opportunity arose. First things first: I needed to enroll in high school.

------

It took me a while to get all the forged papers and records that I needed, but soon enough, I was able to enroll in school. I knew that it would be a lot easier to just find the boys at their homes and kill them whenever, but I wanted to have a little fun with this. I probably wasn't going to be able to come back to Earth for a while after I get back, so I wanted to experience as many things as possible, high school being one of them, as crazy as it sounds.

The next morning, I watched Kellin as he prepared himself for school. He spent a long time doing his hair - a little too much time, if you ask me. When he was completely ready, I followed him outside where he hopped into a small black car and started towards school. I simply followed him on foot until we reached a large brick building with teenagers milling through the parking lot and wandering in and out of the large front doors. I hid between two cars as I made myself visible, then made my way into the building in search of a front office so that I could pick up my schedule. It was October 1, so everyone else was already a month or so into school. There was a lady at the front desk who took all of my papers, scanning through them to make sure that everything was filled out properly, and then sending them off somewhere. Eventually, she walked back towards me and smiled, revealing gleaming white teeth behind her bright red lips.

"Here's your schedule, sweetie. Have a good day!" she said as she handed me two pieces of paper. One was my schedule, and the other was a map of the school. I smiled in thanks and turned to leave the office. Just my luck, one of the boys happened to be walking past just now. I smirked and jogged to catch up with him. I put my hand on his shoulder to stop him from walking any further, and he turned to look at me with a frown on his face. The boy had spiky dark hair with a blonde streak on one side and dark brown eyes. His frown quickly disappeared and he looked me up and down.

"Um, can I help you?" he asked.

"Hi, um, I'm new and I'm just kind of lost. Can you help my find my first class?" I asked.

"Yeah sure! What's your name?" he asked with a huge grin.

"Vic," I said.

"I'm Jaime," the boy replied.

"Jaime. That's a cool name," I noted. Jaime blushed. Wait, is this kid starting to crush on me or something? Oh, this should be interesting.

"You think?" he asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, it's original. I like originality," I said with a wink. Jaime smiled even wider.

"Yeah, well originality gets kind of annoying when people constantly pronouce your name as 'Jamie'," he said with a roll of his eyes. "Now let's look at that schedule." He took the papers from my hand and looked through them, glancing from my schedule to the map.

"You're first period is Chemistry with Mr. Halloway. I think my friend Kellin is in that class. I can take you to meet him if you want," Jaime suggested. This is perfect! If I can get in with their group, this whole mission will be a whole lot easier.

"Yeah, that'd be cool!" I replied. Jaime led me through the long main hall of the school, making small talk about where I was from and the kind of music I listened to. I had to lie about everything of course. I told him that my family just moved from from San Diego, California and that I was into all different types of music. I had actually never sat down and listened to a song before, so I had nothing to base my preferences off of. Eventually we reached a smaller hallway that Jaime said held most of the science classes. Next to a row of lockers stood Kellin and two other boys, one of them I vaguely remembered being named Ronnie.

"Hey guys, this is Vic. He's new. Vic, this is Kellin, Ronnie, and Jack," Jaime said. The rest of the guys murmured their hellos to me and I smiled and waved in return.

"So are you guys still coming to my party on Saturday?" Jack asked. Jack was fairly tall with thick dark hair that he kept running his hands through.

"Yeah, I'm in," Ronnie said.

"Hey, Vic, you can come too if you want," Jack offered. I felt like he was only inviting me to be nice, but I decided that it would be fun. It would also be a good opportunity to get to know the three boys better, and who knows, maybe I'll have a chance to kill one of them while they're drunk and vulnerable.

"Yeah, sure. Sounds fun," I accepted. Jaime beamed at my answer. Oh yeah, this kid definitely wants the D.

"Awesome! Kellin, I think Vic has first period with you. Mind showing him to class?" Jaime asked.

"Nah, that's fine," Kellin shrugged. As if on cue, the bell rang. The group said their goodbyes to each other and wandered off in different directions to go to their classes. Kellin and I stood still, waiting until everyone else left. Eventually, Kellin pushed off of the lockers he had been leaning against and started walking without waiting for me. I caught up with him and fell into step with his fast pace.

"So, Vic, why'd you move to Michigan?" Kellin asked.

"My dad's job got transferred," I replied.

"Hmm. Well, good luck on your first day. Some people in this school are kind of pretentious, but just ignore them and you'll be fine," he said as we entered the room.

"Um, thanks?"

He immediately went to the back of the room where there was only one empty seat, so I was left on my own to sit at the front. Wow, great way to start off a friendship. I mean, this was only a way to get him killed, but whatever. No need to be rude.