May These Noises Startle You in Your Sleep Tonight

The First One

It was now Friday night: the night of Jack Fowler's party. At first I was hesitant about going, but if I wanted to get closer to these people, I needed to spend time with them and understand them. Plus when would I have the opportunity to go to a high school party again? Probably never. As I said before, I wanted to experience as much as possible while I was on this mission. And there was that other reason . . . well that reason was actually a person, none other than Mr. Kellin Quinn who I had been "rooming" with for the past few days.

I couldn't quite explain it, I just found him to be very intriguing. From the way he licks his perfectly shaped pink lips when he's concentrating to his angelic singing voice (which is something that Kellin kept to the privacy of his room), one thing was for sure: Kellin Quinn was definitely something. The only problem was, he never really communicated with me in person. I only got glimpses of his true self when he thought he was alone in the comfort of his own home. At school he was cold and sarcastic towards most people, especially me, but at home he was sweet and obedient. I enjoyed watching him most when he was writing. He mostly wrote songs; he had dozens upon dozens of them. Music was apparently a hidden talent of his. He thought that singing was for girls, that all of his friends would make fun of him for it, but every time he opens his mouth to let out a few notes, I feel like I can't breathe. I just get so sucked into the raw emotion that he puts behind his words, even when he's singing quietly. It's fascinating.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand: the party. It was in fifteen minutes, and I was currently standing in front of an old dingy mirror in Kellin's basement, checking my appearance one last time. The first night I was here I had to, um, "borrow" some clothes from a local store so I had a few acceptable outfits to wear while I was here. I was currently dressed in dark blue skinny jeans and a white button up top, and I had to admit, over the past few days I had kind of started to like wearing more than a pair of burned up black shorts that I had been wearing for who-knows-how-long. I debated taking some clothes back with me when I returned to Hell, but I could deal with that later. Right now I had a party to go to.

-----------

I decided to walk to the party instead of hitching a ride with Kellin. He was waiting to leave so that he could be "fashionable late" whereas I wanted to be there early. I couldn't help it, I was just excited. I found the address to Jack's house and left, waiting until I turned the corner of their street to become visible. I eventually approached the house. It was a simple white two story house, but it was pretty big, and I knew that it would accommodate the size of a high school party. I walked up to it and rang the doorbell, waiting for someone to answer. Finally, the door swung open and a very excited looking Jack appeared before me.

"Vic, hey! What's up man?" he greeted me. I smiled and gave him a high five as I stepped inside. "Sorry if the place is a little dead right now. You're one of the first people here."

"Nah, it's cool," I replied. I looked around at what seemed to be his living room. It was pretty big. There was long fold-out table to the right side of me, presumably to be used for beer pong, and a couch on the left side. Generic pop music blasted through the speakers in the corner of the room. Jack was right, this place was pretty dead. There were only a few other people in the room. Some sitting on the couch, others mulling around and making casual conversation with the other party-goers.

"You can walk straight through there and make yourself a drink, if you want," Jack offered, pointing me in the direction of the kitchen.

"Yeah, thanks," I said and headed off to get a drink. I glanced at all of the bottles Jack had sitting out. I didn't know what many of them were, but now was never a bad time to experiment. I found a random liquor bottle and poured some into a cup and walked back into the living room, sipping on the contents. More people were starting to file in, and soon enough the whole downstairs area was filled. I went back into the kitchen to get another drink when I saw a familiar figure standing at the table, drinking beer out of a glass bottle. This was perfect.

"Hey, Jaime!" I said cheerfully. The spiky-haired teenager nearly choked on his drink when he saw me. He set it down and walked over to give me a quick friendly hug.

"Hey, man! How's it going?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Pretty good so far for my first high school party," I replied.

We made casual conversation for a while, consuming cup after cup of alcohol as we talked. I noticed a certain gleam beginning to appear in Jaime's eyes the longer we spoke. Maybe it had something to do with the crush he had on me. With every sip of his drink he started to grow more and more flirtatious, and I kinda maybe sorta was doing it back. Whatever, it was fun. Things started to become more serious when Jaime staggered closer to me and put his mouth to my ear.

"Do you, uh, wanna go upstairs?" Jaime asked in a low voice. I bit my lip. Only one thought was running through my mind: this is the perfect opportunity to kill him. I looked up into his chocolate brown eyes and nodded. He smirked and turned around to lead me out of the kitchen, but before I pushed off of the counter, I reached for one of the smaller kitchen knives on a rack behind he and slipped it underneath the fabric of the back of my jeans in a position where I hoped it wouldn't hurt me.

Once we left the kitchen, Jaime turned for a moment to take my hand in his and lead me up the stairs. I looked around briefly to see if anyone was watching; thankfully no one was. Everyone seemed too engrossed in their own drunken antics to notice us sneak up to the upper level of the house where the bedrooms were. I saw Kellin playing beer pong with some other kids from school, and I wished I could join in. I really wanted to talk to Kellin, but right now I had other things to attend to. Jaime pulled me into the first room he could find and pushed me back against the door roughly, making it slam shut. Hmm, someone's a little kinky. Too bad no one else will ever find that out.

He closed the space between us, only stopping when his nose brushed against mine, as if he were making sure that I wasn't going to move away. When I didn't, he crushed his lips against mine in a heated kiss. I had no problem kissing guys, in Hell there really were no specific sexualities so I basically considered myself open to anyone, but kissing Jaime felt strange. It wasn't right. Nevertheless, I had to keep up the charade for just another minute, and then none of this would matter.

I wrapped my arms around Jaime's neck as he pressed his body against mine, and I could feel how hard he was in his jeans. I faked a moan as he rutted up against me, which only made him kiss harder. I broke away for a moment to speak.

"Maybe we should lock the door," I said in a sultry tone. Jaime smirked, and I reached behind me to fiddle with the lock. Unbeknownst to Jaime, after I locked the door, I reached in the back of my pants to pull out the knife. I returned my hand to the back of his neck, careful not to let the knife touch him. Jaime kissed me again then bit my bottom lip, dragging it out with his teeth. I had to admit, this guy was good. Maybe I could fuck him before I kill him. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when there was a knock on the door. I panicked for a split second, hoping that Jaime wouldn't open it. I mean, I was holding a fucking knife behind his back!

"Jaime, are you in there?" I heard a familiar voice call. Jaime just rolled his eyes.

"Not now, Kellin," he called back.

"Sorry, man, I've been looking everywhere for you. I want to talk to you. Come find me when you're, uh, done," Kellin replied awkwardly. He obviously had some sort of idea what was going down in here. Jaime sighed and shook his head as we listened to his footsteps moving back down the hall.

"Sorry about that. Now where were we?" he said before moving back in to kiss me, but suddenly I couldn't do this anymore. I didn't want to kiss him. I wanted to kill him.

Without warning, I turned tables and pushed Jaime against the door in my place. I brought the knife from behind his back to the front of his throat with a menacing glare. At first Jaime looked confused.

"Vic, what are you doing?" he asked. I didn't know if he realized that this was a real knife or not, so I pushed it back just a little harder, not enough to really cut him, but enough for him to tell that it was sharp. I laughed and put my lips right at his ear.

"I know what you did, Jaime. You and Ronnie and Kellin. You were in Kellin's basement, four days ago. Don't you remember?" I taunted. I pulled back a little only to see one of the most frightened expressions I have ever seen in my life. This kid was seriously about to piss himself. I laughed again and pressed one more meaningless kiss to his lips, but this time it was like a kiss of death. Jaime looked as if he were trying to talk but he couldn't seen to form coherent words.

"You're the one that let me out. You're only getting what you asked for," I said in a sugary sweet tone. I drew the knife back and slashed it across his throat, making blood spurt out like a fountain. I stood back and watched as Jaime slid down the wall and choked on his own blood, gripping at his throat as if it would make it better. After a minute or so, he stopped fidgeting and his eyes glazed over. The first one was dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aahh I'm sorry I didn't like killing Jaime, okay! It had to be done! Don't yell at me!