May These Noises Startle You in Your Sleep Tonight

Kellin

Kellin's POV

"Whatcha staring at?" Ronnie asked. It was so loud in the school gymnasium that I barely heard him. I snapped out of the daze I had been in and looked at my friend, who was staring back at me with a playful smirk.

"Nothing. Doesn't matter," I mumbled. Truth be told I had been staring at something, and not just something, someone.

"Don't lie to me Quinn, I know that look. Who were you staring at?" he said, directing his gaze in the direction I had been moments ago. There were three gym classes, and the person I had been staring at was in the class on the opposite side of the gym. Since class hadn't started yet, everyone was just standing around.

"Hmm . . . Alex Gaskarth?" Ronnie guessed. Sure, Alex was attractive and all, but he was one of the arrogant popular boys. Not my type.

"Nope," I said simply.

"Dave Escamilla?"

Dave happened to be extremely built and muscular, very attractive, but also kind of brain-dead. Not my type.

"Wrong again."

Ronnie furrowed his brows and continued searching the class until he finally stopped on one specific person, his eyes going slightly wider.

"Hold on just a second, you couldn't have possibly been staring at Vic, now were you?" he asked in a teasing voice. Shit, how did he know?

"No," I said after a moment too long of hesitation. Ronnie's jaw dropped.

"Kellin! Why didn't you tell me? Does he even know you're gay?" he asked.

"I don't know, it just wasn't that big of a deal. And yes, he knows I'm gay," I replied.

"Wait, is this just an I-think-he's-hot crush, or is this a real crush?" he interrogated. I rolled my eyes. Ronnie could be quite the gossip king.

"I don't know. I mean he is hot and he's really nice but it's nothing serious," I responded. I looked over to Vic as I spoke. Their class was now stretching before they used the weights they had set out, and Vic was bent over touching his toes. Damn he really does have an amazing ass.

"Are you going to ask him out?"

"Maybe, I don't know. You know I'm not really into relationships. It's just a little bit of fun. Besides, he probably doesn't like me anyway. I was kind of an asshole to him at first, and then on Halloween I was being pretty flirty and might've freaked him out," I said.

"Kellin, I've known you for years, and I know that if you want something you stop at nothing to get it. Don't change that now. If you like him, just go for it," Ronnie encouraged. I nodded.

"Yeah, you're right."

Before I could say anything more, the coach's whistle flooded my ears.

"Alright, push-ups, now! Let's go!" he shouted to the mass of less than energetic students. I groaned and dropped to the floor, ready to get this over with, but of course I had to take a peek at Vic first. The wondrous boy was now lifting weights with the rest of his class, surprisingly doing it with ease. I looked at his arms and - holy fuck - how did I not notice how toned he was before? It was all smooth skin and rock hard muscles and fuck if that new knowledge didn't go straight to my dick. These push-ups just got a lot more difficult now that my limbs have turned to jelly.

-------------

The push-ups went surprisingly well despite the fact that I was concentrating the whole time on not getting a boner. I was now sitting in math class, not paying any attention per usual. I couldn't get Vic out of my head, and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had some, uh, thoughts about him lately. I don't know what came over me. One minute he's getting on my nerves just from being in my presence, and the next he's the sexiest person alive.

When I first started liking him, I was planning on going to Jaime for help. He was always the one I could talk to about relationships and sex and stuff. Although he was probably one of the most innocent people I have ever met, he always gave good advice and took my problems seriously. Anyway, the night that he died, I had been looking for him at the party. I just wanted to talk to him and get his opinion on the whole situation, but of course he was caught up with someone, and I wasn't going to disturb him. Little did I know that I would never see him again.

Then when Vic came to my house and comforted me, no matter how much I didn't want him to see me cry, I couldn't resist falling into his arms. I still couldn't understand why he did that for me. I mean, I wasn't exactly the most pleasant person to be around, at least for him. I don't even know how he got into my house. Nevertheless, he was there for me when I needed him the most, and that's when I really started having feelings for him.

Of course, being Kellin Quinn, I had to make him notice me. So all afternoon before I went to Ronnie's house for Halloween, I tried to make myself look as sexy as possible. At first I was kind of nervous because I didn't want to come off too strong, but I think he was into it. At least I hope he was.

"Mr. Quinn? I don't know how much math you're going to take in if you don't at least try to pay attention," Mrs. Leonard said in an exasperated tone. I rolled my eyes and straightened up in my seat, putting on a fake smile. As if I would give any of my attention to something as trivial as classwork when I have a hot boy I need to woo.

The lunch bell rang throughout the room, and I let out a sigh of relief. I could finally get away from that old bitch of a teacher. Before I could leave though, she called out.

"Kellin, may I speak to you for a moment?"

I bit my lip in frustration, trying not to make some kind of ugly retort. I spun around and walked back to her desk.

"Yes, Mrs. Leonard?" I asked.

"Don't think I haven't noticed you slacking off in class. You never turned in your homework from last week, and if I don't have it on my desk by tomorrow then I'm taking points off on your next test grade."

I nodded, dying inside to yell at her and let her know that I wasn't going to answer to such a haggard cunt, but I forced my anger down. As much as I really didn't want to do the work, I couldn't fail this class.

"Yes ma'am. May I go now?" I said quietly.

"You may," she replied, turning away to work on grading papers. I left as quickly as I could, seething rage. That woman had it out for me and I knew it.

By the time I reached the cafeteria, I had calmed down considerably, but I was still feeling bitter. My mood changed immediately when my eyes landed on my usual lunch table. I was usually early, but since Mrs. Leonard held me back, Ronnie, Vic and Jack were already there. Just seeing Vic brightened my mood, and then I had an idea. Maybe this extra homework might not be so bad after all.

I smiled as I approached the table, directing my gaze mostly at Vic. Fuck being subtle, that's just not the way I work.

"Hey pretty boy, you're in my seat," I said, setting my books down next to Vic's tray. His eyes widened.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I can move if you want," he said quickly. I shook my head.

"No, you're fine where you are," I said. Before he could protest, I sat myself in his lap, gaining a few curious looks from Ronnie and Jack, and I'm sure Vic was more confused than they. I shrugged, stealing a grape from Vic's tray and popping it in my mouth.

"So Vic, I have this assignment due tomorrow, and I might need your help. It's really hard. You wanna come over this afternoon?" I asked with a hint of flirtation in my voice. Vic cleared his throat.

"Um, yeah that's fine. What time?" he asked.

"You can just come home with me if you want," I said.

"Yeah that works," he replied. I smiled in victory. This was going to be the best study session ever.