Self Sacrifice

Four

Andy slammed his fist down on the desk in frustration as he checked him email for the sixth time that afternoon.

Still nothing from Carlile.

He'd been pretending not to care all morning, but the silence was starting to get to him and he didn't understand why. The man was cruel, ruthless, a criminal. And yet Andy couldn't help but be drawn to his mysterious nature, and the adrenaline that his presence brought with it.

Several days dragged past before Andy heard from Carlile. He was coming home from a night club, he'd decided to dance, drink and screw the tension out of his system. He was pushed into his flat, kissed and groped passionately by the rather muscly guy that he'd picked up when they spotted Carlile sitting on his couch, watching steadily.

"Woah...dude. You didn't tell me you had a-"

"He's not my...it's...long story. What the fuck are you doing here?" Andy hid his thrill at seeing the older man and the delight that his narrowed angry eyes produced in him.

"I have...material for you."

"Y'know what, dude, I'm out, unless you're into threesomes in which case-"

"Sorry Drew, maybe next time."

"It's Daniel. Fuck's sake..." He left and Andy shut the door behind him, crossing his arms when he looked at Carlile.

"Do you always have to break in?" Andy asked, adjusting his twisted jeans and throwing his sweaty shirt on the floor while he walked to the kitchen for a beer.

"It's only the second time. Do you want the story or not?"

"Depends what it is-" He turned to have Carlile in his personal space in a way that a sex-deprived brain under the influence of alcohol could only interpret as far too nice to back off.

"If you wanted to cover up whatever your current problem is with sex, I would've been more than happy to oblige." Andy swallowed.

"No...thanks. I'm good. What's the case?"

"Michael Klinton is an FBI case supervisor." Andy nodded and sat down, Carlile paced slowly as he spoke.

"Him and his team recently investigated case in which a woman, Alice Thorpe, was raped, murdered, butchered, then her body parts delivered to her parents home in Florida." Andy grimaced slightly.

"They found the gun that murdered her three blocks away from the original scene, which was a motel in Virginia. It had fingerprints on it. The first set had been smudged and partially wiped away, however they found more belonging to a Diego Perez, who turned out to be an ex con who did time a few years ago for sex offences. Perez had been living with Alice for the past seven months. They were engaged...." Andy, who had been taking notes on his computer looked up at Carlile who had stopped pacing and looked weary for the first time since Andy had met him. He rubbed a hand over his face and loosened his tie.

"Do you have any sort of alcohol here? Anything will do." His voice was hoarse all of a sudden and Andy nodded, standing to get it, but the other man protested and explained that he could fetch it himself. Andy sat down once again and waited a few minutes for him to return. When he did he had a big glass of pure vodka in his hand.

"I have better stuff if you-"

"I don't need quality I need strong. Let's continue. Anyway, Diego Perez pleaded innocent the entire way through his trial. With Perez's fingerprints on the murder weapon, and Klinton's theory that the young couple were headed to her parents home when she was murdered by him so he wouldn't have to travel as far to deliver the body parts, they managed to get a conviction. A jury declared him guilty in late May. He was to be given a life sentence, as he lives in New York and there is no death penalty here. However, as he killed Alice in Virginia, Klinton managed to get him on death row. He was executed a week ago." Andy took several minutes before he could say anything, the sad and horrific nature of the case getting to him.

"That's absolutely...awful. But what does this have to do with me writing an article?" Carlile removed his jacket and sat down, chugging the last of the vodka.

"The first set of prints on that gun belong to Michael Klinton." Andy winced and raised a questioning eyebrow.

"It didn't seem right to me. Alice and Diego were such a happy couple, they were madly in love, determined to move to a better neighbourhood and start a family. Diego was working three different jobs to support that dream, to support Alice. And they were going to visit her parents to tell them that they were gonna be grandparents..." He'd leant forwards on his hands, voice coming out hoarse still, his face shielded from Andy's eyes.

"He wouldn't have killed her. At least I didn't think so. So I investigated on my own. I found two eyewitnesses, who both saw Klinton ditching the gun, wiping his prints off, and planting Diego's on it."

"Why didn't they give evidence at the trial then?"

"Because Klinton blackmailed them..I need you to print this for me, Andrew. Please." The desperation on his face shocked Andy who nodded.

"I will, of course. But why is this case so important to you?"

"That's not important." His voice returned to being forced and cold, and Andy's jaw clenched angrily.

"I'm writing this story for you, just tell me why-"

"If you don't want it, I can find another journalist more than willing to do it with no questions asked." He turned around and seemed surprised to see the look of defiance on Andy's face.

"Very well, I'll take it elsewhere then-" Andy grabbed his arm and gestured wildly at him.

"What the hell is your problem?! Why do you always have to be so...so..." At that point the businessman cut him off by kissing him passionately, then more gently, his hands moving up to Andy's face and cupping it as he worked his lips and tongue slowly. Andy couldn't stop the sigh that escaped his lips and yelped slightly when Carlile picked him up and sat him on the back of the couch. Andy's hands went to his shoulders, he knew very well that he had no intention of resisting the other man now. Although, despite that, when one of his hands moved down into Andy's jeans, touching his ass, he went rigid with the memory of the last time that happened.

"I said the most pain...and the most pleasure." Carlile whispered against his lips, and he relaxed, allowing the bigger man to carry him into his bedroom and strip them off as they kissed before reaching for the lube that he knew without even asking would be in the top drawer of Andy's bedside cabinet. When the first of his fingers found their way inside his ass he went still again, but after more kisses were given to him he relaxed. Soon enough there were three of the slick things inside him, and he was rocking back on them and moaning softly. Carlile bent down and took Andy in his mouth, pumping his fingers at the same time, and looking up to see the ecstatic expression on the younger man's face as he moaned and tried not to buck up into his mouth. Before Andy could even think to return the favour, Carlile had started the process of sliding inside him yet again. This time however, was different. It was a stretch, a slightly painful one, but that was overshadowed by the pleasure coursing through Andy at the kisses, the hand on his dick that knew just how to touch him, and the other touches all over his body. By the time he was fully inside him, Andy was a quivering mess.

Andy woke up the next morning feeling loose and thoroughly satisfied. It had been quick after that, a little too quick, but it was good. And it gave them both just what they needed. Andy wasn't surprised when he felt the space next to him, and he found it both cold and empty. He went to his computer and found more details on it that Carlile had obviously written for him. Before he left..
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment! I'm very sorry for the slow update, please do keep reading as the next one will be up soon.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. As I said please comment, but if you could subscribe and recommend too - I'd be most grateful!