Self Sacrifice

Five

Andy had spent morning, noon and night on the article for a whole week. He'd been so focused on giving it the right representation. He wanted it to pay respect to the young couple and their families, as well as show Klinton in the worst light possible. He wanted justice for them the more time he spent on it. Although, he knew all too well that part of the reason why he was being so particular about this article, was because it was very close to Carlile's heart, for whatever reason.

Carlile had visited him twice during that time to see how it was going. Twice they'd had sex. Twice it was the best sex that Andy had ever experienced in his life. And twice the older man had left before morning.

Andy finished up the article and sent it to Craig, before ringing Carlile.
"Hello Andrew."

"Hi, just wanted to let you know that I just sent it off to my boss, it's all finished. You've got the go-ahead to contact Klinton's boss now."

"I just have actually. He just left before you called. Great work. What are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing, why?"

"Come over."

"I'm kinda tired, I don't think I'm in the mood for-"

"Not for that."

"Ok, what for then?"

"I need to show you something. I'm staying in tonight, come over whenever you like." He hung up and Andy sighed, running off to shower and eat something before getting changed into better clothes and heading for the swanky hotel. He ignored the receptionist and went straight to the elevator.

Carlile landed him a kiss the second he stepped foot inside the hotel suite.

"I thought you said I wasn't here for-"

"You're not. I meant it. I just couldn't resist." Andy fought the ridiculous grin off of his face and followed the older man to the table where he had photos lined up.

"What's this? Wait, isn't that..."

"Diego Perez....was my foster brother." Andy blinked in shock and Austin paused before continuing, never breaking eye contact.
"His family took me in when I was eight. I stayed with them right up until I was sixteen. Then I left of my own accord. They were wonderful people, all of them. And Diego stayed close to my heart all that time, I'd met Alice countless times. He was madly in love with her, desperate to show her off to me, I loved her too, in a sibling sort of way. She was a wonderful girl. This is why I needed you to write that article. I just couldn't tell you the other night...I was too...I was in too much pain." Andy was shocked for several minutes before he even managed a choked attempt at speaking.

"I....I'm sorry, I had no idea."

"Thank you. I'm just glad this will be published. So that Klinton will be held accountable for their deaths, and Diego and Alice can be given the justice they deserve." Andy nodded.

"They will be given it. Trust me. But...thank you for telling me." The corner of his mouth curved up gently and his eyes held a kind of softness to them that brought warmth to Andy's chest. It frightened him slightly, but he pushed it aside when he reasoned with himself that the man standing in front of him wasn't the cold monster his reputation projected at heart.
Andy moved forwards and wrapped his arms around the other man who remained motionless for a second before hugging him back gently.

"Anyways...I need to go finish up and get it all sent off to Craig, I guess I'll see you...when I see you." Carlile nodded and watched the younger man leave.

Another successful article. Andy attended all of Klinton's trial, watched Carlile testify, and watched the man be declared guilty and sentenced to death row for his execution.
"He got what he deserved. You did good in there." Carlile smiled gently again.

"You did too, thank you."

"I think I'm gonna get going."

"Wait, Andrew...I..." Andy felt his heart rate pick up as the other man struggled to piece the sentence together.

"Austin!" Andy turned to see a small Hispanic woman running towards them.

"Renata." She had to hug him round his waist and he kissed the top of her head gently.

"Oh my boy - you...you.." Tears were rolling down her face and she didn't have the composure to concentrate so she began talking quickly in Spanish. Carlile listened intently and Andy could tell he was moved however he didn't cry. Not at all.

"I'm gonna go." Andy mouthed and left for home once again.

As he neared the top of the stairs, he felt a breeze and frowned. It was then that he noticed his apartment door was open. Beads of sweat began to form on his head as he crept up to the door which looked as though it had just been left open. If Andy hadn't been able to remember locking it, he wouldn't have thought that it had been picked. As it was, that's exactly what he thought. He poked his head around it - no one there, no signs of any disturbance. He walked in quietly and checked in the kitchen and his bedroom, still no sign of anyone. He exhaled heavily and rubbed his eyes wearily before going back into the living room, freezing stock still when he saw the three men standing there.

"Andrew Biersack....pleasure to finally meet you..." The tall, thin man standing behind the two in front of him spoke first, his voice held a Latin hint to it, and Andy swallowed thickly.

"What do you want with me?"

"A very good question. Unfortunately, one which requires...more time to answer. Let's go." The man clicked his fingers, and the two men with him grabbed Andy and held a cloth over his mouth and nose whilst he struggled...until he blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for the slow update - I'm working on the next one right now, so please let me know what you think! And if you haven't done so yet, please subscribe :) thank you!!!