Status: I'll try to update as often as possible :)

It's All About Love

One

Katie loved teaching dance. Her students were all so talented. Every October, they performed at the United Center during a Chicago Bulls game to kick-off their year. Leading up to the show, Katie spent a lot of time at the UC prepping and rehearsing with her students. The day before their show, Katie stayed later than the rest of the dancers just to make sure everything was ready. As she was leaving, she heard someone call out to her.

“Excuse me!” She turned around to see a brunette man, who looked familiar, walking towards her.

“My name’s Patrick.” He held out his hand to her, and she realized that he was Patrick Sharp.

“I’m Katie, it’s nice to meet you. I’m a big fan.” She shook his hand and smiled at him.

“Awesome! Well Katie, one of my friends over there has seen you here the past couple of days, and he thinks you’re ‘super pretty’ but he’s too shy to come talk to you.” He said as he pointed towards a couple of other guys she recognized.

“Oh, I see.” She blushed and looked down.

“So if you don’t mind, I’d like to introduce him to you.” He looked at her waiting for her to respond. She nodded her head and he called over to one of the other boys. A man she recognized as Corey Crawford walked over with his head towards the ground. “Katie, this is my good friend, Corey. Corey, this is my new friend, Katie.” After that, Patrick walked away, leaving the two of them alone. Corey was the first to speak.

“I…I’m sorry that he bothered you.” He spoke without his eyes leaving the ground.

“Don’t be sorry!” He finally looked up at her. “I hear you’ve been kind of watching me these past few days…” she joked. His cheeks turned bright red.

“You’re a really good dancer. I guess you just kind of caught my attention.” Now it was her turn to blush.

“Thank you. You’re a really good goalie.” He smiled big.

“Hey, is there anyway I could get your phone number? I would really like to maybe hang out sometime.” He looked down again. She smiled and wrote down her number and handed it to him. They said their goodbyes and headed their separate directions.

When Corey got home that night, he pulled out the small piece of paper with Katie’s number on it and stared at it for a long time. He finally decided to text her.

To Katie:
Hey Katie, it’s Corey. How was your night?

Katie smiled as she sat in her small apartment and read the text message.

To Corey:
My night was good. How was yours?

To Katie:
Great. So when are you free for a date?

To Corey:
I’ll be at the Bulls game tomorrow so after that or any other night ☺

To Katie:
After the Bulls game is perfect. I’ll pick you up from the UC?

To Corey:
Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow night then. Goodnight Corey.

Katie threw her phone down onto her bed and went to take a shower. She couldn’t seem to wipe the smile off her face for the rest of the night. After her shower, she laid in her bed for a long time before she calm down enough to actually fall asleep.

After reading Katie’s last text, Corey called Sharpy to thank him for making him talk to her earlier. Then he turned on his xbox and played until he was tired enough to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what y'all think!