Status: I'll try to update as often as possible :)

It's All About Love

Two

The next morning, Katie woke up wondering how she managed to catch the attention of her favorite hockey player. Then she remembered that today was the day of her students’ performance. She got dressed, and decided to go out for breakfast. She decided on a pancake house that she often went to. She walked there, sat down, and ordered her favorite pancakes. She was in the middle of reading her emails on her phone when someone pulled out the chair across from her and sat down.
“Hey, you’re that girl that Crow’s taking on a date tonight!” The boy, who she recognized as Andrew Shaw, said as he grabbed a menu and started looking over it.
“Yes, I am, my name’s Katie. Would you like to join me for breakfast?” She asked sarcastically.
“I’m Andrew. You can call me Shawzy, or whatever you want. And yes, I would love to join you, thanks for asking!” He responded with even more sarcasm. “But for real, thanks for not making me eat alone!”
“My pleasure.” She smiled genuinely at him while having a fan girl moment to herself. She was eating breakfast with Andrew Shaw!
“So before I let you date my bestie, I need to know everything about you!” He slapped the menu down on the table so loudly that Katie jumped.
“Well, I’m not dating him, just going on a date with him.” He stuck out his tongue at her when he realized that she was going to make this difficult. He opened his mouth to say something, probably something snarky, to her but the waiter came by to take his order. He ordered his food and he was quiet for a few minutes. “Katie?” She looked up from her phone. “Are you a good person?” She was surprised at the sincerity in his voice.
“Andrew, I try to be.” He smiled.
“I worry about Corey sometimes, he’s gotten hurt pretty bad before.” He said as their food was placed in front of them.
“Well, we haven’t even had our first date yet, but I can give you my word that if things end up going well, I’ll be nice to him.” She added with a smile as they each began eating.

After breakfast, Katie and Andrew said goodbye and Katie headed to the United Center for a dress rehearsal of the performance. They ran through their dance a few times and Katie told her students to be back at the UC no later than 6. Then, she went home to rest before her big night.

~

Corey spent the morning at the gym. He was just getting out of the shower when his phone vibrated on the counter. He saw a notification telling him that he had a text from “Shawzy”.

To Corey:
Bro, youll never believe who I saw at breakfast

To Shawzy:
Who?

He replied to the text and turned his attention to picking out clothes for the day. Once he was dressed, he started thinking of where he should take Katie later that night. Then he felt his phone again.

To Corey:
Katie.

To Shawzy:
Shaw please tell me you didn’t scare her away already

To Corey:
No way dude. I did eat with her tho

Corey was suddenly nervous that his teammate could’ve ruined things before they even started, but Shaw assured him that things were going to be fine and that she was a nice girl. He used the phrase “100% Shaw-Approved!” Then he called Sharp again to get some help planning this date. Sharp was thought of as one of the more romantic guys on the team so he figured he could help.

After discussing details with Sharpy, Corey got dressed in some nicer clothes and headed to the UC to watch the Bulls game from a box with some of his other teammates. He wasn’t going to go, but he knew Katie would be there and he thought some of his nerves might disappear if he saw her before their date.

~

Katie’s students had just finished their performance during half-time when she felt her phone go off in her pocket. She looked down and saw a text from Corey.

To Katie:
That dance was really good. Those kids have talent ☺

To Corey:
I’m glad you liked it! They’re great

To Katie:
I don’t know if you like basketball that much but if you want, we could leave now for our date

To Corey:
I hate basketball! Let’s go!

Corey laughed out loud as he read her last message. He looked up to find all of his teammates glaring at him with a certain look on their faces.

“What?” He said to all of them.

“You laughed.” It was Jonathan Toews who answered him after a moment of silence.

“So? That’s not that unusual, Tazer.”

It was Shaw who spoke up this time. “But you’re texting that girl, and you laughed at something she said.” He said as he wiggled his eyebrows and winked.

Corey rolled his eyes and stood up. “She said something funny. I’m leaving now, see you guys tomorrow morning.” They all tapped his shoulders or patted him on the head as he left.

“Be safe!” He heard Sharp yell behind him. Corey rolled his eyes again even though none of them could see.