Home

Home

***Recommended listening: "Asleep" by The Smiths***

As the battle of Jotunheim ended, the Laufey King dead, Thor look around, panting hard. Many were strewn around; some Jotun, some Aesir; some mortally wounded, some barely injured; some alive, some dead. Thor made his way back to his Father's side.

"Thor, go through our wounded, those you can heal, do so. Those who will survive their injuries but you cannot heal, help over to Hogan. Heimdall will transport them all back soon."

Thor nodded and began walking around the battlefield, checking the pale-skinned bodies he could see. Everyone he came to had already passed or would soon. A soft sigh escaped his lips. All of this demise and death just because the Laufey King would not sign a peace treaty. A flash of deep green caught Thor's eye and he froze. Surely, Loki had remained on Asgard, as per Father's orders? He turned to look and he felt his heart drop. His little brother's pale face was staring up at the sky, chest barely moving as he struggled for breath. Thor let out a yell before he ran over. Those green-blue eyes flickered over to meet Thor's deep blue ones.

"Loki... Brother... Why are you not on Asgard? Why did you come? Father forbade you to come."

"I-I could not just let you have all the fun, could I now?"

The raven-haired boy coughed violently, deep red blood flecking on his pale pink lips.

"Where are you hurt, Loki? Tell me brother."

"I was stabbed in my chest by their elder. H-Helblindi I believe his name is."

Thor ripped Loki's robes open above the now evident stab wound, wincing at the size of it. He tried, in vain, to heal the oozing wound, desperately trying to help his baby brother.

"Thor... Thor... Let me go on. I can be with Mother."

"I am not going to let you die... Not like this."

"Thor..."

"SOMEONE HELP ME!"

Loki coughed violently again. Thor held Loki in his arms, rubbing his good side.

"I will not let you die."

"Sometimes it is better to let go."

"I refuse."

"It is too late, I can feel it."

"Loki, please."

He shook his head and gripped onto Thor's armor.

"I shall tell Mother you love her."

"Loki..."

"Please take me home. I do not wish to die here, on a cold, frozen rock. It may have been my birth right but please do not make it my death right."

Thor could do nothing but nod and lift Loki in his arms.

"Heimdall..."

The Bifrost took them and Thor did his best to hide his tears. The expectant Aesir looked up at their warrior, grins decorating their faces. Those smiles soon dropped when they saw Loki in Thor's arms and the look on Thor's face. They all bowed their heads as Thor carried Loki to the palace. Through the palace he went, eventually coming to Loki's chambers.

"Brother..."

Thor lay Loki on his bed and gently tucked him in, only now realising how pale his brother was.

"Thor... My brother... Please hold me."

Thor lay down next to Loki and held him tightly, his hand interlocking with Loki's.

"Thor... Would you sing to me? Like you did when we were little?"

Thor nodded and hummed a little before picking up a Midgardian song; voice quavering; he knew Loki was partial to.

"Sing me to sleep, sing me to sleep. I'm tired and I, I want to go to bed. Sing me to sleep, sing me to sleep and then leave me alone. Don't try to wake me in the morning 'cuz I will be gone. Don't feel bad for me, I want you to know, deep in the cells of my heart I will feel so glad to go..."

Tears ran down Thor's face as he felt Loki go limp. The Norns had decided it was time for his brother. Rage took his broken mind and he stood.

"I will avenge you, brother, I swear to you..."

He stormed out of the room and down to the Bifrost.

"Heimdall, send me to the Jotun Palace. I have some unfinished business to attend to..."