Status: just keep an open mind of what live can do :) this story is for readers to sink into like a good book :). enjoy!

Bless Your Beautiful Heart

Cheap wine

At a small food market in the heart of beachy South Carolina, I took my time choosing the juiciest vegetables, the brightest fruit, and the heartiest meat in order to plan meals for me and my room mate Harlow. She said she had been craving something "simple and homey. " whatever that means. I giggled to myself at her silliness. Harlow and I had surprisingly been friends since elementary school. She is definitely more like a sister to me. To be honest I've always envied her. she's always had such an outgoing way about her that just drew everyone in. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't ever wish anything less for her but I do wish I had the ability to get on her level. I just wasn't that good of a people person. Reaching for some very plump looking portobello mushrooms, my phone buzzed in my pocket. Speak of the devil :)
"Hey Harlow! What's up?"
"Hey would you mind grabbing some pasta too? " she asked.
" geez Har, your draining my pockets here girl! I thought you just wanted something 'simple'. It's just gonna be you and me." I laughed. She truly was a good friend. She has always been putting a smile on my face.
"Just get here soon ok? I'm starving!"
"Love you to Har. " I smiled and shoved my phone back in my pocket and payed for my groceries. Later at home Harlow was anxiously waiting to help me get the groceries out and getting them cooked. I decided to just marinate some pork chops, make some mashed potatoes, sautéed some mushrooms and steamed some broccoli. Simple and healthy. Feeling accomplished I pulled plaits out of the cabinet and start serving. But I freeze when I get to the dinning room and see Harlow standing at the front door with her arms linked with her boyfriends. A man I've never seen before in my life is seated nervously at my table. Before I drop the plaits, Harlow speaks up.
"Addilynn this is Shawn. Paul and I are going out. Enjoy!"
And then she was gone. Leaving me here with this stranger.
"Umm... I can go if you'd like. " he said.
"No no, it's ok. Stay. I just made dinner. I can't eat it all by myself and I'm sure you don't know anything about this either. " I said smiling to him. He looked just as freaked out as I was so I just gave in and decided to make a new friend. Why not right?
" yea your right. I'm really not looking for a relationship." I poured us both a glass of wine and raised my glass to him.
"Here's to cheap wine and friendship." He raised his glass, and we drank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Think of this as a filler lol please comment and subscribe. The support is much needed. Much love!!!