Status: active

It's a Charmed Life

Their Destiny Revealed

It was just after the start of term feast and Namine Halliwell was waiting for her sister Kairi who was late getting back to their dorm so Namine had unpacked for her. It was only them and Hermione Granger in that dorm as Rayne, Namine's other sister had moved into another because of the constant arguements she had with Namine. Rayne was all about fun while Namine was serious all the time. Namine was just rearranging the bathroom cupboards then she heard the dorm door open and her sister and Hermione talking.

"Nami," Kairi called. Nami was Namine's nickname Kairi had given it to her when she was little because she could not say Namine. "Sorry I'm late, I was talking to Ron"

"What else is new?" Namine answered glumly

"Hey did Jeramy stop by?"

"Yeah he dropped off some flowers and a package"

Jeramy was Kairi's boyfriend they'd been seeing each other for a while now. Namine showed Kairi the flowers and picked up the package and handed it to her.

"Why were you talking to Ron?" Namine asked

"Because remember that cooking class I wanna take this year you have to make an audition recipe so I asked him what i should do" Kairi answered

"So you have to pass a test before you can take the class?"

"Yep and this may just get me in"

She had opened the packet to reveal a small bottle of Fire Whiskey. Namine took it from her and examined the bottle with Hermione looking over her shoulder.

"Jeramy brought you Fire Whiskey?" Hermione asked shocked.

"It's the ultimate ingreident for my recipe" Kairi told her

"Nice boyfriend" Namine commented

"Oh my god" exclaimed Kairi spotting what was lying on her sisters bed "Tell me that is not our old spirt board?" She picked it up and looked at it.

"Yeah I found it under my bed while I was looking for a top I left here last year" Namine explained

"To my three beautiful girls" Kairi read aloud "May this give you the light to find the shadows the power of three will set you free love mom. We never did figure out what this meant"

"Well maybe we should give it to Rayne. That girl is so in the dark maybe a little light will help"
"Your always so hard on her"

"Kairi, the girl has no vision, no sense of the future"

"I really think Rayne's coming around"

"As long as she doesn't come round here then I suppose it's good news"

Kairi bit her lip nervously as she looked at her sister and cast a knowing look to Hermione who shook her head and Kairi sighed. Hermione was right she should be the one to tell Namine about Rayne. She put the ingreidents she'd obtained from the kitchens in her trunk ready for the next day. That was something Kairi was sort of looking forward too as she loved cooking. Grams and her mother had taught her how to when she was little and had been in love with cooking ever since. The test wasn't something she was looking forwards too. What if something went wrong and she looked like an idiot who didn't even know what a vegtable was? But she'd take a test every day if it meant that she didn't have to break the news of Rayne moving back into their dorm to Namine. Sighing Kairi turned to her older by 5 minutes sister.

"You know how we've been wondering what to do with that extra bed?" Kairi said to her "I think you're right we do need another room mate"

"It'd be nice having a extra pair of hands to help keep this place clean" Namine allowed

"Rayne's an extra pair of hands"

"Rayne has her own dormitry"

"Not anymore"

"What?"

"Mcgonagall says she can't have her own dorm anymore because there's more first years than last year so she's moving back in with us"

Namine let out a breath of frustration and started pacing. Kairi braced herself. Namine was acted as Kairi expected her to. Finally she stopped pacing and whipped round to face Kairi.

"You've got to be kidding me" She snapped

"Well I could hardly say know it's her dorm too it was assigned to all of us" Kairi reasoned

"Yeah years ago and we haven't spoken to her since she moved"

"You mean you haven't spoken to her"

"No I haven't. Look maybe you've forgotten why I'm still mad at her?"

"Of course not but she had no where else to go, she was getting kicked out of her dorm"

"And this is new? How long have you known about this?"

"A couple of days! Maybe a week! Or two"

"Thanks for sharing. When does she arrive?"

Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear was going through Namine's mind as the dorm door opened to reveal the youngest Halliwell sister Rayne smiling cheerfully.

"Suprise" She chirped

Namine rolled her eyes and cast Kairi a dark look who walked siraght past her towards Rayne so she could give her a hug whilst Namine's glare followed her.

"Rayne nice to see you in here again." Kairi said happily "Isn't it Nami?"

"I'm speechless" Namine drawled coldly

"Oh I forgot my trunk" Rayne told them

"Don't worry I'll get it" Kairi assured her

She mistakenly grabbed Namines jacket off her bed. Namine was about to protest but decided to let it go and turned to Rayne as another glare crept onto her face. Rayne gave her an apolygetic look and sighed.

"I know that you don't want me here - " Rayne started

"We're not selling Gram's house" Namine snapped

"Is that why you think I moved back in?"

"The only reason me and kairi moved out of the Home was because that house has been in our family for generations"

"I don't need the history lesson Nams I get enough of that from Binns okay I grew up there too. C'mon spit it out let's talk about what's really bothering you"

"No I'm still mad at you"

"So you'd rather have a tense reunion filled with unimportant small talk?"

"Otherwise we wouldn't have anything to talk about"

"I never touched Micheal Corner"

Namine gave her a quizical look.

"I know you think different because that is what that little slut Cho Chang told you but - "

Rayne was cut off by Kairi was returning with Rayne's trunk. Kairi looked between her two sisters who were glaring at each other and decided to try and break the ice by offering her chocolate stash to them. However both girls declined and Kairi sighed. Hermione glaced at her out of the corner of her eye and smiled as she watched Namine go over to her bunk and draw the curtains around it. Kairi sighed once again and picked up the spirt board to have another look at it. Rayne sat on her own bunk and smiled slightly which Kairi returned and sat next to Rayne and showed her the spirt board.

"So are you and Jeramy still together?" Rayne asked

"Yeah we are" Kairi answered

"That's good"

"Thanks. Would you stop pushing the pointer?!"

Rayne had been pushing the pointer round the spirt board something she used to always do when she was little and it drove her sisters crazy and still did judging by Kairi's reaction.

"I'm not touching it!" Rayne protested

"You, used to always push the pointer" Kairi said "Chocolate?"

"Sure so what shall we ask it?"

She looked at Namine's bunk to find the curtains still closed and Namine probably asleep inside and so leaned closer to Rayne to whisper to her.

"If Nami goes on a date with anyone but her self this year?" She suggested and went to her bunk to fetch her chocolate frogs.

"That's wierd! Please say yes" Rayne pleaded

Just then the pointer started moving all on it's own. Rayne gasped and looked at Hermione and Namine's bed hangings to make sure neither of them were doing anything to creep her out. Hermione was reading and Namine showed no movement behind her curtains. So she called Kairi over and hold her what see saw. Namine ripped open her curtains and glared at Rayne so Rayne told her as well. It had moved to spell CL. Kairi sighed.

"Did you push it?" She asked

"You always used to push the pointer" Namine added

"My fingers were barely touching it!" Rayne argued "Look"

She placed her fingers on the pointer again and waited for it to move but it stayed where it was. Namine cast a final glare and turned towards the bathroom. Kairi went to go back to her bunk when the pointer moved to the O and rayne yelped again. Namine turned round shook her head and continued to the bathroom. Kairi stayed and watched as to her suprise pointer moved again and called for Namine. It had gone to the S. Then it started moving towards the E then the T. Rayne took a piece of parchment and quill and wrote what the spirt board had spelt.

"Now what?" Namine snapped coming back into the main room.

"I think it's trying to tell us something" Rayne told her as she showed them the parchment that spelt 'CLOSET`

In their dorm they had found a closet that they could never open ever since their first year. Every year they would try and open it again but had no luck. Namine was covinced that this was all ayne playing a joke on them and went to the common room to find someone else to talk to and Hermione followed her wanting to see if Harry and Ron were still there. Kairi also went to see if she could find Jeramy, Rayne however, stayed behind to check out the closet. She tried in vain to open the door but it still wouldn't budge, giving up Rayne turned her back on it only to hear a creak and as she looked back the door was wide open revealing a hidden room in the mixdle of it was a chest. A chest that had started to glow, Rayne walked up to it and lifted the lid revealing a old very thick book which was covered in dust. Rayne blew off the dust to see a strange symbol on the front, driven by curiousity she opened the book to see a title page that read 'The Book Of Shadows`. She then turned the page to see an incantation and read aloud.

"Hear now the words of the witches, the secrets we hid in the night, the oldest of Gods are envoked(sp?) here, the great work of magic is sourght, in this night and in this hour i call upon the ancient power, bring your powers to we sisters three, we want the power, give us the power"

"What are you doing?" Kairi asked as she and Namine walked back into the room.

"Um you know reading aloud. An incantation it was in this 'Book Of Shadows` i found it in that chest" Rayne explained

"How did you get in here?"

"The door opened"

"Wait! Rayne! An incantation? What kind of incantation?"

"An incantation to .....recieve our powers"

"Powers? What powers? Our powers? Rayne! You included me in this?"

"No she included us in this" Namine interupted "Bring your powers to we sisters three it's a book of old witchcraft"

Kairi took the book from Namine and looked through it. Namine blamed Rayne complaining that everything started when she moved back in. Rayne automatic defense was to argue back with that she wasn't the one who found the spirt board. They continued to argue until Kairi interupted and told them to go to bed so they could work out everthing in the morning. The next morning when Kairi woke up she found Namine and Hermione had already gone and Rayne sitting on her bed with a cup of hot chocolate in her hands.

"Morning Rayne did you sleep well?" Kairi asked

"What sleep?" Rayne retorted "I couldn't"

"Don't tell me you included me and Nami in more evil plans?"

"No I was reading. Nami already gone?"

"Yeah looks like it. And reading aloud?"

"No but according to The Book Of Shadows one of our ancestors was a witch named Melinda Warren"

"Yep we also have a cousin who's a drunk and a father whose invisible"

"Kairi I'm serious she practised powers three in particular the ability to move things with her mind, to freeze time to see the future! Before Melind was burned at the stake for being a witch she vowed that each generation of Warren witches would become stronger until the arrival of three sisters, they would be the most powerful witches the world has ever known. They're good witches and Kairi I think we're those sisters"

"Rayne I know last night was wierd but we don't have any special powers we're just normal witches like everyone else at Hogwarts."

"We're the protectors of the innocent! We're known as the Charmed ones!"

But Kairi had already left for breakfast leaving Rayne alone.