Status: active

It's a Charmed Life

The Sisters Defeat Their First Warlock

Outside in the castle courtyard Namine was talking to Micheal Corner on their Archaeology project she had paired up with him when they were still together and unfortunately for her their teacher would not let her switch partners with somebody else. Micheal however had managed to finally persude the professor so they didn't have to work together anymore. He could no longer take Namines in control mood and all her scathing comments on what a terrible boyfriend he made and his lack of kissing skills. Now he had to tell Namine that they were no longer working together not only that but he was taking their exibit they put together for their project that Namine worked so hard on for his own. She was not going to like that.

"There's been a few changes" He started.

"Changes?! What kind of changes? What do you mean? We're supposed to be working together! How dare you make 'changes' without running them past me! I worked my butt off on this exibit while you just stood there and watched and cheated on me" She exploded

Micheal knew this was not going to be easy. He had learnt that Rayne had moved back into the dormitry she used to share with Namine, Kairi and Hermione and that had not put Namine in a good mood, he would have put this off until she was in a good mood however this could not wait any longer tomorrow was their next Archaeology class and she would be in a worse mood then if he didn't tell her.

"Well Hogwarts will be keeping all the artefacts you worked on and Professor Dumbledore was very impressed with the interest you managed to spark in it with museums" He told her

"Oh well that's great right?" She asked unsure but underneath proud of her work.

"Well we no longer seem to stand each other which is why the Professor has spilt us from each other and the project"

A look of shock came over Namines face. How could they do that?! Sure they could spilt her and Micheal he was no help what so ever but to take away the project she had worked all summer on? After staying up countless nights to get it finished to encourage different directors of museums of the artefacts worth? After driving her poor sister Kairi crazy with all her research. All of it gone to waste.

"You look suprised" Micheal noted

"I don't why I'm furious" Namine told him "Not only have I been dedicated to this project since we started but I did all the work and got museums interested in it!" She paused in thought and gazed at Micheal who was biting his lip nervously then it hit her. "It's not being taken away from us is it? It's being taken away from me."

"Well I couldn't let it got to waste and Cho split with her partner too and they had hardly any work so I thought - "

"Thought what? I'll tell you what you thought you didn't! Because your a brainless banshee!"

"I thought you'd be happy for me! After all what's good for me is defiently good for you right Halliwell?"

"Halliwell? When did we stop being on a first name basis Micheal when we stopped seeing each other or when I returned all your little trinkets?"

"Well I can assure you that she was better than you anyway"

"You son of a banshee"

Namine turned to storm off but was stopped by Micheal. Why couldn't he just let her leave? She was not going to give everyone a show for when she finally blew her lid and started screaming at him and she wasn't going to cry either. You don't cry for those who don't deserve your tears and crying was for the weak anyway in her opinion. She gave him a final glare before yanking her arm out of his grip and storming off. As he watched her his shirt pocket felt damp as he looked at it he saw his white shirt being dyed blue. It seemed his pen had started leaking to prevent it from fully turning his shirt blue he took his pen out of his pocket and inspected it. Strange it was fine before. As he lifted it level with his face it squirted him right in the face. Oh well at least he matched his shirt as he ran to Ravenclaw Tower to change.

*****

Inside the castle kitchens Kairi was rushing to finish her meal before the cooking professor - Professor Ferriweather - came to tell her her time was up. She just had to add the Firewhiskey Jeramy had got her and then she'd be done.However she was just measuring it out when she ehard a clapping of hands and Professor Ferriweathers voice telling her she was out of time. Professor Ferriweather read out the name of her dish and smiled at Kairi and got out a fork ready to test her work. Kairi tried to protest that she just needed to add one tiny detail however the professor would not let her finish her sentance and so Kairi paniced holding up both hands and Professor Ferriweather stopped in her tracks. Kairi stared at her hope to be teacher in disbelief.

"Professer?" She asked hesitantly giving a nervous laugh waving her hands in the professors face. "Professor Ferriweather? Hello?!"

Just then a thought struck her she raced to the jug of Firewhiskey and grabbed a dropper and extracted a drop of Firewhiskey and well dropped it onto the mouthful of food on Professor Ferriweathers fork. Just then everything started moving again and Kairi found herself letting out a breath of releif. The professor smiled as she chewed liking what she tasted.
"This is very godd Miss Halliwell" She told her.

*****

Namine scanned the hallway for her ex, she had clamed down enough now to talk. She found him leaning against the wall surrounded by his friends bragging about the Outstanding he was bound to get on 'his and Chos' project in Archaeology and she fumed once again and took a couple deep breaths to calm herself again. Promising herself she wouldn't go off in a rage that would make her look like the bad guy so the whole school would hate her and feel sorry Micheal. Once calm she procede to make her way over to Micheal.

"It was all my idea of course. Namine stomped it down but Cho said it sounded like agood idea. Even when I was with Namine I did all the work and tried to get the attention of museums - "

Namine could hear him telling them, he turned around and his eyes fell on her. "Namine"

"I'm dropping out of the class" She told him

"I'll talk to you all later" He told the crowd of Ravenclaws he'd been bragging to and they left. "Nami think about this - "

"Boring class, boring assignments, boring ex partner. Whats to think about?"

"Your future? Archaeology is your best subject! If you walk out now you can kiss any reconisation on that project goodbye!"

"Don't treaten me Micheal"

"You know me? Had to try right Halliwell?" he let a nervous chuckle "It's alright I get it you're hurt, angry, your pride is wounded I understand. That's why I'm doing you a favour"

"You what?!"

"I had to take the exibit away from you Nami! They would've had you working with a complete stranger. I'm here for you Nams, not a stranger. You should be thanking me instead of leaving me"

"Well I'm not worried. I'm sure your high IQ can take care of the 75 muggle computer disks and the thousands of pages of research I had sent to your dorm"

"You will regret this Halliwell!"

"Really? Because I don't think so. I thought breaking up with you was the best thing I ever did but this definitely tops that. Goodbye Micheal"

"I hope you haven't snuck any artefacts to your dorm!" He shouted after her as she walked away.
Namine made a strangling motion with her hands and Micheals tye tightened on his throat as he tried to free himself from it.

*****

Meanwhile Kairi was looking all over Hogwarts for Rayne calling her name and asking various students if they've seen her. Rayne wasn't one you could miss. She knew everybody and evrybody knew her she was by far one of the most popular girls in the school. If you didn't know Rayne you didn't know Rayne you didn't know anybody. As Kairi was pointed into Raynes direction by a group of students as she turned she immediently ran into Jeramy. The shock caused Kairi to drop her bag and books on the floor.

"Jeramy! You scared me!" She complained

"I can see I'm sorry Kairi. Are you okay?" He apologised

Jeramy was easily one of the best looking guys in the school with his dark hair, tall frame, muscles and handsome features and Kairi was the lucky girl he'd singled out and asked out.

"Now I am" She answered smiling. He gave her a look. "Really I am. What are you doing here anyway?"

"Well I wanted to be the first one to congratulate you on getting into that class" He told her

"You're always suprising me Jeramy, how did you know? Are you psychic or something?"

"Please I'm no Trelaway but anyone who's tasted your work knows they'd have to be an idiot not to take you on"

"I love it when you talk about food"

"Pizza. Burgers. Pumpkin pasties."

They laughed and Kairi forgot all about going to find Rayne and left for the great hall with Jeramy.

*****

Rayne was riding round the quidditch pitch on her old Cleansweep which she found last year with George Weasley the two of them had cleaned it up and George had let Rayne keep it since she didn't have a broom of her own. As she was flying she felt a jolt go through her and the landscape before her vanished and she saw a scene before her it had to be in the future as it hadn't happened yet. She saw two kids playing by the edge of the quidditch pitch and someone had lost control of their broom and they were sprilling towards the kids and crashed into one of them. As she returned to the present Rayne looked around her and saw the guy riding on his broom he had just lost control. Rayne looked down to the edge of the pitch and there she saw the kids from her vision. She couldn't let them get hurt.

"No! Wait! Get out of there!" She called to them before speed in the kids direction pushing them out the way where the guy crashed into her instead and Rayne landed painfully on her arm. People crowded around her and she could feel someone lift her up and take her to the hospital wing.

*****

Upon hearing the news that her sister had been knocked off her broom Namine made her way to the hospital wing to see if she was alright. She walked up to one of Madame Pomfreys helpers and asked for her sister.

"One second please Miss Halliwell. Mr Potter Madame Pomfrey says you are free to go" The helper said

"Thank you" A voice beside me said.

"Harry?" Namine asked

"Hey Nami. You still with Micheal Corner?"

"No he cheated on me"

"Sorry to hear that Nams"

"It's fine, really. He wasn't worth my time"

"So what you doing here? I mean I'm here very year but this is new for you"

"Picking up Rayne some idiot ran into her on their broom"

"She gonna be alright?"

"Yeah she'll be fine"

Just then Namines name was called and she went to see Rayne and take her back to the common room. Once there and sat in front of the fire Rayne told Namine everything that had happened with her vision inbetween talking to talking to people who came up to her to see if she was alright. Namine however even after listening to Raynes story refused to believe in anything to do with the Charmed Ones.

"The Chosen Ones really Rayne? This is crazy you're out of your mind" Namine told her

"So you're telling me nothing strange happened to you today?" Rayne questioned "You didn't stop time or move things with your mind?"

"Rayne, Micheal took my exibit away from me. I know you think you can see the future which is quite ironic if you think about it - "

"Since you don't think I have one? That my vision of life is cloudy compared to your perfect hell!" Namine sighed "Nami even if you don't believe me can't you for once just trust me?"

"Rayne we don't have special powers, now can you pass me a custard cream?"

A biscuit flew from its plate across the room and landed in the palm of Namines hand as the sisters looked at it in disbelief and shock. Rayne smirked at Namine.

"Really Nami? Because if you ask me that looked pretty special" Rayne told her

Namine looked into her mug of hot chocolate and it started bubbling.

"Godric Gryffindor, so I can move things with my mind?" Namine asked

"With how much you hold inside you should be a lethal weapon" Rayne told her "This must mean Kairi can stop time"

"I don't believe it"

Namine buried her head in her hands and Rayne gave a small smile and rubbed her back.

"Are you okay Nami?" She asked kindly

"No I'm not okay!" Namine snapped back "you've turned me into a freak"

With that she stromed out the protrait hole and headed back to the hospital wing to ask Madame Promfrey for a potion for her head ache.

"Namine!" Rayne called after her "You were born like this we all were! I think it's time to start dealing with it not push it away!"

But Namine continued to strom off to the hospital wing. Not knowing what else to do Rayne followed her trying to reason with her stubburn sister. Namine however was having none of it and searched Madame Promfreys selves for a head ache curing potion ignoring Rayne until she was standing right next to her and she could ignore no longer.

"You know Nami I'm not afraid of our powers" Rayne told her "We always wanted to inherit something from mom right?"

"Yeah you know money or antiques that's what normal people inherit!" Namine snapped

"Well you wants to be normal when you could be special?"

"Me! I want to be normal! Shouldn't the head ache potions be here?!"

"We can't undo the past Nami, it's our destiny"

"Where are those potions?! Do you see them?!"

"No but I see tea and I think you could use some"

"Rayne! I have just found out I have powers! That my sisters have powers! And lets not forget that evil is apparently going to come looking for us! So excuse me for not jumping for joy here Rayne"

"Then why don't you move your head ache out of your mind?"

Namine glared and a potion bottle containing the head ache cure zoomed into Namines hand. She closed her eyes and took a deep breathe while Rayne smirked.

"You move things when your upset" She concluded

"And here I was thinking that you landed on your arm not your head. This is ridiculous!" Namine told her.

"Well would you look at that, you don't believe me. Shocker"

"Of course not!"

"Micheal Corner"

The rest of the head ache potions behind Namine fell to the floor and shattered splattering their contents every where. Rayne laughed.

"Now lets talk about dad and then see what happens" Rayne said clapping her hands in glee

"He's dead Rayne" Namine replied

"Actually for your information he's very much alive"

"Not to me, he died the day he left mom"

"C'mon Nami he's always been a major button pusher for you. You're mad he's alive, you're mad I tried to find him and you're mad I moved back into your dorm. Dad dad dad dad dad dad dad."

The whole shelf of potions flew off their shelves joining the shattered glass of the head ache potions. Rayne smiled at her sister and to her suprise Namine smiled back.

"Feel better Nami?" Rayne asked

"Yeah alot thanks Ray" Namine answered

"The Book Of Shadows said that our powers would grow"

"And grow to what exactly?"

Rayne looked at her sisters grinning face and couldn't quite believe it. She couldn't remember the last time Namine made a joke. She'd been much more stern since their mom and Grams passed away and so Rayne joined in Namines laughter. Thay went back to the common room to find it deserted and settled in front of the fire once more and Rayne proceded to tell Namine what she had read in the Book Of Shadows about warloks. Namine went upstairs to their dorm to see if Kairi had come back and instead came down with a siamese cat which was definitely not Kairi. So they came to the conclusion that she was probably out with Jeramy which still worried Namine as it was past curfew and if Filch caught them Kairi would be in trouble. Suddenly the protrait door burst open and in ran Kairi calling their names.

"Kairi! What is it? What's wrong?" Namine asked

"Quick! We don't have much time! Rayne the Book Of Shadows did it say how to get rid of a-a-" Kairi stuttered

"A warlok?" Rayne finished

"Oh my Godric" Namine breathed

They ran upstairs to fetch the Book Of Shadows. They looked towards Hermiones bed to find her asleep, they drew the curtains around her and cast a sliencing charm on her bed. They set up the equipment which they found in the room with the Book Of Shadows.

"Okay we've lit the nine candles now what?" Asked Namine

"Wait nine? I only see eight" pointed out Kairi

"Oh you forgot this one" Rayne said holding out a tiny pink and white stirped candle.

"A birthday candle?!"

"I guess they were short on witch supplies! I don't know!"

"Kairi it doesn't matter just cast the spell. The book said it would be stronger if you did it" Namine told her

"Your love will wither and depart from my life and my heart, let me be Jeramy and go away forever"

As the spell took place each sister had a different expression on her face. Namines was stern and serious with a tinge of worry that it would not work and Kairi would be hunted by this warlok. Kairi was very worried and quizzical as to wheather they were going to be killed tonight or if the spell had worked. Raynes face however was full of excitment and wonder. As Rayne collected up the equipment she was hit with another vision: It was Jeramy he was making his way to the common room the spell had failed. She called Namine and Kairi back and dedscribed her vision. They ran to the portrait door with the plan of going to Professor Dumbledor but that plan turned to dust as Jeramy was right outside the door so they ran back towards the steps.

"Hello ladies" Jeramy greeted as he twirled his knife in his hand

"Kairi, Rayne" Namine started as she threw Jeramy into the wall. "Get out of here now!"

"Nice parlor trick bitch, you were always the tough one wren't you Nami?"

She threw him into the wall again and ran upstairs to join Kairi and Rayne and they then started barricading the door, thankful for the sliencing charm thay had put around Hermione earlier. What she would've thought if she woke up to see this was beyond the three sisters. None of their barricading worked as Jeramy blasted through the door to their dormitry. Namine put on a brave face even though she was terrified inside and looked at her sisters then back back at Jeramy.

"We'll face him together c'mon! Remember the spirit board? The power of three will set us free" Namine told them

All three started chanting 'the power of three will set us free' over and over as Jeramy threw a firebolt and a circle of fire surrounded the three. They kept chanting as a whirlwind came putting out the fire. They carried on chanting until Jeramy exploded and turned to dust.

"The Power Of Three" Breathed Namine now starting to except her powers and who she is.