We Found Each Other in the Dark

Chapter One

Tears stream down my face as I stand in the doorway staring at my boyfriend in bed with another woman. I can't say anything, hell, I can't do anything but stand here and sob. Justin flips himself over and looks at me standing in the doorway, "No, babe, please." He rushes over to me and wraps his arms around me before I fall to my knees, my head in my hands and my heart aching in my chest.

My head is spinning and I'm losing my breath with every word Justin says to me; trying to reassure me that things aren't how they seem and it wasn't his fault. I continue to cry and I feel as if my heart has been ripped out of my chest and thrown onto the floor- shattering into a million pieces. Like my whole world has gone up in flames right before me. I don't understand why this is happening to me, how I was so naive.

Justin kneels down beside me and rubs my back but I quickly swat his hand away from me, "C'mon, I love you, I really, really do. You're my everything, Faith. I'm telling you." His voice is pushy and I stand back up, fixing my shirt and narrowing my eyes at the tall, black haired man.

"Don't you dare tell me that you love me." I sigh, my head hanging, "Don't I give you what you need?" I ask him softly and I hear him let out a sigh too.

"O-Of course you d-"

I shake my head, "Then why does she get the best of you?" I look behind him to the blonde laying in our bed, "Why are you here? What makes it okay to sleep with a man who's in a relationship?" I ask her and she panics, shaking her head and then rushing off the bed into our attached bathroom.

I feel Justin's lips on my own and I gently push him away, "No, please don't." I beg him and he moves in closer, holding me in his arms and rubbing my back.

"You know I don't ever mean to cause you pain." He lies to me. I don't say anything, I stay in his arms and I'm getting sick and tired of this losing game.

I pull away from his embrace and look into his green eyes, "I can't do this anymore, Justin, I really can't." I tell him and he gives me a sad look.

"It's only a few times, I'll change, I promise!" I shake my head and turn around, walking out of the bedroom, grabbing my keys and purse. "Faith, please!" Justin calls out to me but I ignore him, walking towards the front door of our flat.

I rush out of the apartment, closing the door behind me and racing down the stairs to my car. I unlock my car and quickly start it, driving off, leaving everything behind me. I continue driving for fifteen minutes before pulling over to the side of a road and park. I turn off my car and run my hands through my black hair, holding my head in my hands once more.

I sit in my car crying, wondering how something like this could happen to me and throwing myself a pity party. I think about all the great times Justin and I had together like when we would go camping or go to the drive-in, even concerts, and all the laughs and memories we shared. But my mind goes right back to the petite blonde laying underneath him as he continues to have sex with her. I can't shake the feeling of disgust from my bones.

I rest my head on the steering wheel and before I know it, I'm wound up with anger; slamming my hand down on my horn, letting my car beep loudly at the empty road. I shake my head and turn my car back on, driving onto the road and to my aunt's house.

I pull into the driveway and turn off the Honda, getting out and locking it as I make my way up to the front door, knocking on it and patiently waiting for someone to answer. I hear the door knob twist open and my uncle is standing in front of me, mustache and all. "Faith? What are you doing here?" He asks me, his expression quickly changing from shock to sadness when he sees my swollen eyes. "Oh god, come here, love." He says as he opens his arms and holds me tightly, moving me into the house and closing the door behind us.

I let myself go once more in my uncle Ted's arms, sobbing as he rocks me in his secure arms, "What did he do now?" He asks me, instantly knowing who was to blame. I just begin to cry even harder and Ted gets the hint, "What a bloody prick." He hisses and my aunt rushes into the room to find me in her husband's arms.

"Oh no!" She says before wrapping her arms around me as well, holding her husband and I in her arms, "He was never worth it, Faith. You're such a beautiful young woman and you're going to get the best when the time is right, I promise you."

I nod in my uncle's arms and my aunt Paige kisses my head, "Ben will be here soon, he's just out with some friends." I look up at my aunt and give her a small smile.

"Do you mind if I can stay here for a few weeks while I find another apartment? I'll have to go back and get all my stuff tomorrow." I ask my aunt and she shakes her head.

"Of course not, you're always welcomed here! Ben is going to be thrilled! You were always his favorite you know." She gives me a wink to try and cheer me up and I let out a soft laugh.

"Thank you, Auntie." I tell her, kissing her cheek and going over to sit on the couch with my uncle, watching the telly while I'm cuddled up in a blanket, letting my mind go blank.
___________________________________________________________
"What the fuck do you mean, Annie!?" I shout at the short blonde standing in front of me. Her face red with anger and her fists are balled up at her sides.

She shakes her head, "I mean you never do anything to help me out, George! You're always off with the boys or doing your band bullshit! You have a god damn girlfriend who should be your first priority!" She shouts at me and I let out a laugh.

"My first priority? Are you joking me? You treat me like shit! You're always complaining about this thing and the next, give it a rest!" I tell her as I turn around and grab my jacket, "You know, clearly this isn't fucking working."

Annie rolls her eyes, "Cause you're such a jackass." She hisses and I turn around quickly, glaring at her.

"This isn't even worth it anymore, we've changed so much and I'm sick of this fighting. I'm done, Annie, I'm leaving you." I tell her sternly as I throw clothes into a duffle bag, she just shakes her head, tapping her foot annoyingly on the hardwood.

"Whatever, you'll be back before you know it." Annie says to me and I can't help but get even more pissed off. "See you tomorrow, jackass."

I push open the door and slamming it behind me, my keys in my hand and a duffle bag around my shoulder. I stomp down the stairs and out the building. I walk to my van and start it, driving to the closest pub.
____________________________________________________________
"Faith?" I hear someone call me and I feel someone gently shaking me, "Faith?" I rub my eyes and sit up from my position on the couch.

"Ben?" I ask as I yawn, stretching my body. "How was your night?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"Oh, it's same old same old. Just hungout with some of the guys, played Mario Kart and had a few drinks." He tells me and I nod.

"That always sounds fun." I tell him and he chuckles. I stand up from the couch and walk over to the kitchen, "What time is it?' I ask him and he pulls out his iPhone checking the time.

I open the cupboards and pull out some Cheerios, pouring them into a bowl and adding milk before taking a bite. "It's twelve thirty eight." He tells me and I nod, continuing to eat my honey nut Cheerios.

"Want anything?" I ask Ben and he declines my offer, walking over to the couch and turning on Scream 4, the cheesiest movie ever made. I sit beside my cousin and we continue to watch the classic slasher film that's been remade too many times.

Ben clears his throat, "So, I heard about Justin." He says cautiously, making sure I wouldn't break down again. I only nod and he continues, "Tomorrow we'll go and get your stuff- the guys and I. You can stay here, Mom and Dad work tomorrow so you'll be alone for the bit that we're gone getting everything." He tells me.

I look over at the blonde boy and smile, "Thank you so much, Ben. You don't understand how much that means to me. I wouldn't be able to see Justin tomorrow without wanting to punch him." I chuckle and so does Ben.

"I can't say I won't want to do the same thing, Cus." He messes up my hair and I groan, quick to pat it down and fix it. All of the sudden, Ben's phone starts vibrating on the coffee table. "Fuck." He mutters before picking it up and answering it.

I give him a look and he just bites his lip before talking, "Hello?" He asks and the person on the other end talks to him, "Shit, really? That's not good. Yeah, uh, I'm just with my cousin." Ben sighs and rubs his eyes, "Give me five." He says before hanging up and stuffing his phone into his pocket.

"What was all of that about?" I ask him and he just groans, standing up.

"I have to rescue my buddy from the pub." He tells me, "Want to come with?" He asks me and I nod, standing up behind him and throwing on one of his hoodies before walking out the door with Ben leading.

We get into Ben's truck and drive to the pub where his friend is.
____________________________________________________________

I slouch in the chair, Matt sitting across from me shaking his head and giving me a look of disapproval. "What?" I ask him.

"You're a mess, mate." I roll my eyes, preparing for the lecture from Mr. Healy, "No, seriously. Find yourself a good girl and stop drinking yourself to death, Jesus Christ."

I groan, "Oi, that's a joke 'cause I thought Annie was a good girl and look where it got me- stuck in fucking hell!" I slur, grabbing a glass and lifting it to my lips before it's stopped and set back onto the table, "Ay!"

I turn around and see Ben standing there with a bottle of water, handing it to me, "Drink it, please." He tells me and I crack it open, taking a swig and then setting it onto the table.

Matt looks over at Ben and makes a praying gesture, "Thank you so god damn much, Benny."

I give Matt a look, "I aint that bad, am I?"

Matt doesn't even look at me but he just stands up and pats Ben on the back, "He'll be done when he gets to your place." He whispers in Ben's ear before walking over to a girl and talking to her.

"Let's go, man." Ben says, wrapping his arm around my torso, helping me up. I stand up but I feel like I'm about to fall over. "Don't worry, we've got you." I give him a confused look when a tinier arm wraps around my waist, holding me up. I look over at the tall black haired girl and then look back to Ben.

"Who's this?" I ask him and he smiles, looking over at the girl.

"That's my cousin, Faith." He introduces us and she looks up at me, giving me a reassuring smile.

I lean over to Ben's ear as we walk out of the pub, "She's gorgeous, a real doll." I tell him and he chuckles, helping me into his truck and grabbing my keys, stuffing them in his pocket. I buckle myself in and Ben starts his old truck and starts driving. "Where are we going?"

"Back to my place dude, you're gonna crash there for the night." Ben tells me and I nod. Ben pulls in behind a Honda Civic and we get out. Faith walks over to me and helps me out, walking with me to the front door.

I kick off my shoes and Faith does the same with her sandals. She walks to the bathroom and I'm sitting on the couch with Ben. "Hey, I have a question to ask you."

Ben gives me a look, "What's that?"

I lean my head back onto the couch, "I broke up with Annie and I need somewhere to stay..."

Ben laughs, "Yeah, you can stay here for a few weeks. Faith is staying here too so we'll have a full house." He says with a grin.

Faith returns with a bottle of Advil and she smiles down at me, "We should get you into bed, Mister." She tells me and I nod. Ben goes to get up and Faith shakes her head, "Chill out, I can get him into bed safely." She laughs and helps me up from the couch.

We walk slowly down the hall into the guest room. Faith flicks on the light as I sit on the bed. She walks to the attached bathroom and fills up a plastic cup with water, setting on the bed side table and pouring two tablets into her hand. I look at her and frown, "You'll thank me in the morning."

I chuckle, "I know but I don't want them right now." I whine and she laughs, sitting down beside me with the water in her hand and the medicine in the other. She opens my hand and sets the Advil in it.

I pop them into my mouth and then she hands me the cup of water. I wash them down and finish the cup of water. I set the empty cup on the table and lay down on the bed. "Are you going to sleep in your clothes?" She asks me and I shake my head.

"No, but I've got it, thanks love." I tell her with a reassuring smile and she nods.

Faith gets up from the bed and walks towards the door, "Well, if you need anything, you know where to find Ben or myself." She says with a gentle smile before turning off the light, "Good-night, George." She says sweetly before closing the door.

I shrug off my jeans and jacket, laying in the bed just with my t-shirt and boxers on. I pull the blankets over my body and rest my hands behind my head, a smile creeping onto my face. This night could have been a lot worse.
___________________________________________________________
"Is he good?" Ben asks me and I nod, letting out a small yawn.

"Yeah, he's in bed. I gave him some water and Advil for the headache in the morning." I tell my cousin and he nods. I look over at the clock and I shake my head, "I can't believe it's already three in the morning."

Ben laughs, "I know, time flys when you're having fun." He says sarcastically.

I shake my head, chuckling, "Well, I think I'm going to go to bed. I'll see you in the morning, Ben." I tell him.

He nods, "Alright, have a good sleep!" He says before I turn around and walk back down the hallway, going into the bedroom across from the one George is in. I keep the door open and shrug off the hoodie I'm wearing. I slide on a pair of pajama shorts I always leave at the house and one of my rugby t-shirts.

I yawn as I pull the blankets down and crawl into the bed, pulling the covers up around my body. I close my eyes and try to get a peaceful sleep. Everything happens for a reason, everything happens for a reason.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, what do you think?
Comments are appreciated!
xo