Status: In the Works

Waiting for a Hero

Part Huit

Chris stepped aside to let the girls in and peeked outside the old beat up Ford in his drive.

"I thought you didn’t have a car," he said and Emmy looked over her shoulder at the truck and smiled.

"It’s not mine, my dad let me borrow it for the week because of the debate," she explained, "We found out late in the game it wasn’t at her school but at some theater thing downtown so we had to drive." Chris nodded and looked Emmy over while she admired his house. She wore a fitted black dress that accented her slender hips and tone legs and her hair was down in locks that fell down to her midback. Addison wore a pretty blue and green sundress with her hair up in a ponytail.

"It’s a nice truck," he complimented as he shut the door and followed his guests into his house.

"You said apartment," she teased and he hissed with a wince.

"About that," he sighed and she waved it off giggling to herself as Addison ran to the back sliding glass door to look out at the pool.

"Holy Snickers bars it’s huge!" she said pulling the door open and running out to it. Emmy hurried after her after she slid her heels off.

"Addi!" she called stepping out into the backyard. Addison was already sitting at the pool’s edge with her legs in the water, swinging them back and forth.

"I got the grill going so you want steak or burgers?"

"Burgers!" Addison chirped and Emmy gestured to her with a helpless look as she softly echoed,

"Burgers would be great, thanks."

"We brought chips and lemonade," Addison said pulling her feet out of the water and grabbed the beach bag she still had. She walked over to Chris and Emmy and pulled the bottle of lemonade out of the sack and handed it to Chris. "All natural." Chris whistled and looked at the lemonade in his hand and nodded.

"Thanks Addi," he said smiling and then looking at Emmy, "I have beer too." Emmy smiled and nodded her head.

"Thanks a beer sounds great," she wandered back inside with Addison and Chris followed, shutting the door behind them.

"I’ll put the lemonade in the fridge and grab you a beer, the bathroom’s right down the hall and on your left if you two wanna get in your bathing suits," he said going to the kitchen. Addison hurried down the hall, almost falling when her wet feet met the wood floor. Chris’s heart jumped up into his throat when he heard that sharp squeak noise but Addison caught herself and proceeded slower, with Emmy right behind her. He sighed and went to the fridge to put the lemonade in to chill and grabbed a beer for Emmy and himself.

Chris jumped when his phone vibrated on the table and he grabbed it. A text from his mom.

Have fun w your friends. I <3 you

Chris chuckled and sent her a quick text back when Addison came hurrying into the kitchen to hug him. He grunted a bit as she threw her arms around him and hugged him tight.

"Thanks for having us over, Chris," she said grinning up at him. Chris brushed a curl from her face behind her ear and rubbed her back.

"Glad to have you, kiddo. How’d your debate go?" he asked as she pulled back and made a face. He laughed. "That bad?"

"She did awesome but her team didn’t win," Emmy said walking in and Chris looked up and felt all the blood rush to his groin. She was hot. Hotter than hot in that black and white polka dot bikini that showed off her- well- everything. Tight and tone tummy; the stomach of an athlete. Long and fit legs; the legs of a runner and strong arms; the arms of a swimmer. Her hair fell around her shoulders in loose curls and she smiled at him sweetly as she walked into the kitchen and leaned on the counter. "One of those for me?"